Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Aim in dark

Go down 
+5
panic324
elementfrvr
djstasevich
kkoerber
panaboard
9 posters
AuthorMessage
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:12 am

Hi,
I'm petit in airsoft gun shooting and would like to know how does the pro aim a target at night or in dark? Heard that there is lightscope in market but sounds a bit exaggerate for a VSR-10 airsoft rifle.
Any technique would kindly recommend to me?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:18 am

it is very hard to aim down a normal scope at night but i am not to sure about a lit scope... i had a crappy red dot once and it blinded me a night but i don't currently have any lit optics that are good quality so i can't help you to much... sorry
Back to top Go down
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:36 am

Thanks Sergeant kkoerber. Is the red dot a laser pointer?
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:39 am

no it is just a none magnified scope with illuminated optics.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 4:55 am

yes, there is one which made by Bushnell. it's expensive and cannot be used in daytime. Object is appeared in monochrome but clear silhouette for aiming
Back to top Go down
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:24 pm

Heard if it was used with Sunlight, the scope sensor would be burnt as it intended to be used at night. Anyone has experience of using that night-scope? Razz
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:32 pm

i was saying that the glowing redness of the cross hairs blinds me (the shooter) when looking through the red dot scope at night.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:56 am

I say buy luminescent glow paint and spray the side of the sights you look into so you can see where you are aiming and the enemy can not. When you are done it will look like a M1014 shotgun sight on call of duty4.
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:03 am

^ I didn't even think of that. Thats a really good idea. Props for that one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
slob212
slob212

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:43 am

Using a Scope at night takes alot of practice, and is realy only effective during games with a Half to Full moon.

If you are going to invest in a scope, buy a Mil-Dot, with a LARGE field of view, insure that it has adjustable illumination levels, and best when it has both Red and Green illumination. Either low level Red or Green can be used at night, Players preference.

Aim Low at night, most players have the tendancy to shoot High at night because of the difficulty in estimating range.

If you have the money to burn, you may want to look into a Night Vision scope, they are on the market and will attach to most Rails, IMHO it is overkill, but will give you a huge advantage on the playing field.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:02 pm

That's because I am a genius! study Jk i'm not that smart.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:20 pm

I use the force. (starwars joke) i suggest practice after u shoot a long time ull be able to bring the rifle up and just instinctually shoot a man size spot at 85 feet or so or buy iron sites and polish the tips with clear nail polish the top and rear ones. the polish will catch moonlight or any light (spit also works) beyond that i recomend a red dot, a iluminated scope or good ol luck happy hunting
Back to top Go down
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:30 am

Finally bought a BUSHNELL 3-9X40 RifleScope at USD21.8-. Pretty inexpensive. Took me whole night to adjust the reticle to the center point. Even at low illumination I could still aim at the target at Yakuxt bottle 40 feet away. Quite a nice scope.
Back to top Go down
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:31 am

Forgot to tell, I took 5 shots and they all hit the Yakuxt bottle.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:32 am

I have a mildot scope with illuminated reticule. Unfortunately I only have red, not green but it doesn't make a huge difference. If there is literally zero light, your only option is to buy night vision optics of some description. The lowest cost one would probably be an image intensifying monocular for target acquisition. Unfortunately it means you will have to switch between looking for targets and shooting at them blind. Just remember, when looking through your monocular, use your non-firing eye, so that the night vision of your firing eye isn't ruined for taking the shots.

Jim
Back to top Go down
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Thanks for the advice. Perhaps a night vision one a bit too much for me. Will see..... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks for sharing. Always something new to learn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 pm

finally get used to aim at target with both eyes open. could see the BB trajectoy to hit the target. Smile
Back to top Go down
panaboard
Private
Private

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

started to explore longer distance to shoot, BB weight did matter as fairway easily. tried to load 0.25g BB to see it helped or not. say target at 70 feet away Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aim in dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aim in dark   Aim in dark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aim in dark
Page 1 of 1