Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Vader - Ohio

Go down 
+2
kkoerber
Vader
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vader
Private
Private

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 2:21 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm a 33 year old airsoft newb from central Ohio, with just a few months under my belt. I played paintball for 16 years (dating back to 1991) and got my introduction to airsoft when the local SWAT team recruited some of us paintballers to practice with, which was in the late 90's. I never really got hooked on it though until recently, mostly because paintball just isn't what it used to be. I played on a team for several years, we even played at the World Cup a few times, but it just wasn't for me...and very expensive. I'm particularly interested in the role of the sniper or DM for skirmishes, and am more attracted to the MilSim aspect of the game as opposed to casual play. Here's my current loadout for those who enjoy reading that kind of thing:

Echo 1 MP5A4 RIS
- TM Silencer
- Custom cut Systema tbb, full length of the silencer
- G&G Red/Green dot
- Systema 140% spring (chronos @ 385 FPS)
- 3 point sling

MARPAT Woodland camo
UnderArmor gloves and balaclava
Pantac MBSS plate carrier (khaki)
- MP5 triple pouch
- Admin pouch
- Medic pouch
- Radio pouch
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftsniperschool.com
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 2:46 pm

welcome to the forum, i like your load out...
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:24 pm

Alright another Ohioin! Really glad to have you here, I'm pretty close to you myself. I live in the NW part of Columbus(bordered by UA, Dublin and Worthington).

Welcome aboard, maybe we'll see each other at Conquest or something.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Vader
Private
Private

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:56 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
Welcome aboard, maybe we'll see each other at Conquest or something.

Probably so! I went to Conquest back in November, and it was a great field. I also went to Red Dragon down in Cincy a few weeks later, and it was also nice. I wasn't so impressed with the people there though...a lot of the AO crowd really gets on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:59 pm

Yeah they can get pretty rouy at open plays, however that all changes at MilSim games. Noone acts like an a**hat at MilSim games.

sticks
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 4:49 pm

I've been thinking about heading over to Ohiofor spring break, just to airsoft. What do you mean when you say some of the people at games are jerks?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:17 pm

Well not necessarily jerks but some people joke around to much for me(and probably Vader's) liking. Ie. they don't take airsoft seriously sometimes.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Vader
Private
Private

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:52 pm

I was specifically referring to the AO forum. Most of the people I have met are pretty okay at the games I've attended, but their online persona is really poor. It's kind of hard to want to walk up to someone when you hear their callsign and know that you can't stand them already because of how they act online.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:04 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't usually post there, for many reasons. The biggest being that I feel there is a 'elite' class and a 'noob' class. Most of the 'elitests' believe that if you have not matched their post count or their knowledge on the forum that you are a noob. Thats just the vibe that I get from some of the people there.

Its a great source of info and most of the guys are great, however it is just probably not the right place for me. The mods are great and most of the members are too, however some of them just act like a**holes on the forum and send the wrong impressions.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:46 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Its a sad thing about those AO forums and such.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:04 am

Oh, I see. And wow, when you guys got to events, ou guys use these specific calls signs? So If I showed up you would refer to me as "Double-Taps" or "DT"??
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
slob212
slob212

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 am

Welcome aboard Vader,

Hope you enjoy your time here, unlike most other forums, everybody here is in ``Chill´´ modus, Real relaxed with very limited B.S.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Private
Private

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:48 pm

M14 double-taps wrote:
Oh, I see. And wow, when you guys got to events, ou guys use these specific calls signs? So If I showed up you would refer to me as "Double-Taps" or "DT"??

Well, if I met you at an event and you walked up to me and introduced yourself as "Bob" (or whatever your name is) I would have no idea who you were. But if you also included your user name, I would know who you were. So yes, I'd say most people that attend these events generally go by their screen name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vader - Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vader - Ohio   Vader - Ohio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vader - Ohio
Page 1 of 1