Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

BBs and saving money

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

BBs and saving money Empty
PostSubject: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 pm

IS there any way to reuse bbs. I know it is bad to reuse them but if you were to pick them up and wash them and then wash them again would it be ok to reuse them?
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:01 am

No sometimes little pieces of the bb will chip allthough you can't see it very well it can mess up your hup up and your barrel and everything else it touches. Never reuse bb's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:11 am

I made this mistake with my first springers. The round shape can be messed up when the BB strikes a solid object, and this will jam even in the cheapest of guns.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Ok Thats what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure. I am cheap so I try to get every penny I use count.
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Depending on the weapon you use, get some Crosmans from Walmart. They're cheap and the .20's seem mid-range in quality. You can pick up 5,000 for less than $10, and unless you play frequently they should last a long time. Spending money on decent BBs may seem annoying at first, but buying a new gun or hop up due to cheap BBs is more annoying.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:44 pm

lol yea those bbs won't work to well for me. I was just wondering cause I just bought 2 2000 packs of high persion bbs for Christmas and now I only have around 200 bbs left. So I was just hoping I could save around a dollor per bag and evnetually I would have money save for more airsoftign stuff if I could just wash and cleen the bbs.

Those crossman bbs are horrible I can't stand them they would jam my guns even the cheap ones I played with last year.
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:09 pm

when you shoot a bb it always gets damaged but some times the damage is not as visible as other times... and this is how you scratch your inner barrel and rip your hop up bucking.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:04 am

I'll restate what everyone else has already said - never reuse BBs. The couple bucks you may save is not near worth the money you'll be spending on repairs for damages it may cause to your gun, as well as the time spent in fixing the jams it'll more than likely cause. BBs are CHEAP. Maybe it's easier for me to say that because I used to play paintball where I was paying $10-$15 per 100-150 paintballs, but I'm still very pleased with the decent prices of even the highest-end BBs.

Where I may differ from other players, although probably not many on this forum, I'm all for Crossman BBs. They're not terrible BBs for the price. If you have a stock gun with a standard barrel (6.08mm+ inner barrel diameter), then by all means go for the cheap stuff. I have had a few problems with jamming from them, but for the thousands I used to put through my guns it wasn't that bad. If you can afford the extra cash to spend on nicer BBs, I'd definitely recommend it. I personally made the switch from Crossman's to nicer BBs (KSC Perfects) years ago and haven't regretted it since. But again, if you can't afford to make that switch, then no big deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:06 am

Ya noone will get on you about what bb's you use as long as they are .2g or higher otherwise the .12 are just as good as the used bb's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBs and saving money   BBs and saving money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BBs and saving money
Page 1 of 1