Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

The Big Debate

Go down 
+4
Roamer
Seabass_9000
stormtrupr
Fox13
8 posters

What is better?
FPS and Accuracy
The Big Debate Vote_lcap100%The Big Debate Vote_rcap
 100% [ 14 ]
ROF
The Big Debate Vote_lcap0%The Big Debate Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:14 am

It has been a dead stand still. It's like what came first the chicken or the egg? So here's the question.

Rate of Fire OR FPS and Accuracy?

I want to hear your side of this. Post your opinion, make sure you back it up. DON"T be ignorant and just state your opinoin. I will share my thoughts after everyone has had a say. I don't want to sway people one way or another.
Back to top Go down
stormtrupr
Private
Private
stormtrupr

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:57 am

to me its no question...fps and accuracy are far more important. i have played countless paintball games where ROF is crazy but the opponents can only hit the broad side of the barn and not me shooting back....i just laugh and shoot them:)

i think the same thing is true for airsoft.

sure, when someone is running out in the open....its great to have full auto! but for the most part i find myself using semi and actually aiming.

ROF certainly has its place especially when trying to advance...so it is still important, but one vs the other, give me accuracy and range
Back to top Go down
https://ohio.facebook.com/profile.php?id=606815017
stormtrupr
Private
Private
stormtrupr

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:59 am

lol....come to think of it....my mp5 is accurate, but it isnt that high of FPS and it is pretty fast...so i guess i may not be listening to my own advice.....i do hope to get a higher fps gun though...maybe an aug or bolt action....but i would like to be 450 fps or higher on my next one....but i still love my mp5:) it is pretty accurate...just not huge range due to 330 fps
Back to top Go down
https://ohio.facebook.com/profile.php?id=606815017
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:12 am

I would have voted for a mix of both, but it wasnt an option. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:38 am

yeah, I am with seabass. I am kind of confused on what is being asked. If you had ROF, how fast would you be shooting. Conversly, if you had FPS, what kind of ROF are you talking about.

In any case it was any easy answer for me. I chose Accuracy. ROF won't do you any good if you can't hit somebody with it. If you don't agree go buy a Walmart UZI and play against ADMIN with his bolt action L96 lolol
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:09 pm

I would like to add... if you have a support weapon you are allowed to shoot up to 450fps at most fields, so if you had an accurate support weapon with a Systema Magnum motor and a 10.8volt battery or higher... chances are you would have a better rate of fire than most people and would also have more range than most AEG users.

I would say technically accuracy matters most due to the fact that if you arent accurate you cant hit anyone, but rate of fire can definitely pull you out of a jam. My CA36 is good at both. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:55 pm

I would have to say that I agree with Seabass & Roamer, I think it is a mix. A perfect example is Seabass's G36C. It is all great in all categories. A good rate of fire will make you enemy think twice about moving. When he does...SMACK, SMACK........OUT!!! and that is where the accuracy comes in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:00 pm

personally, i think this is no contest FPS and accuracy. the results agree, but this also depends on the field you are playing on. suggesting it is a big field with long stretches and cover, then FPS and accuracy, but if it is a small field with less cover and close spaces, then probably ROF.

it also depends on the type of game. if it is a higher shot kill game, medic, or something else.
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:16 pm

That's a good point Ragnarock. So I will specify: A large outdoor course that has buildings for urban combat around but you cant go inside. You are playing 6 shot kills. There is just two teams 17 people each. Now whats best?

But you have to think. 6 shot kills will take a lot of fire power but the long distances will take the extra distance.

(Yes I do know that a Systema with the M150 bolt would cover both jobs but not all of us can buy a Systema. Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:25 pm

well, i think if there are 17 on each team it should be equally split(or since its an odd number one extra) and then put in squads of 8 and 9 that would each cover differents spots.
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:34 pm

[quote="Ragnarock"]17 on each team quote]

Yes on EACH team. That would make a total of 34. Just clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:39 pm

no you missunderstand me. i meant split up each side of 17 into half people with ROF and half FPS and accuracy
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Wow, I am not so sure ppl could count to 6 while being shot at. The may sound ignorant... and it is. I have never done anything greater than two for fear that ppl would forget what shot they are on. It does go a ways to teach ppl to call their shots.

How has this worked for you. This 6 shot kill thing? I am actually interested so give me some detail... sorry this is off topic.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:29 pm

well, i think that usually in a six shot kill match people either get lit up or dont get shot at all, but for the rare occasion that they get away with less than six, you just have to trust them
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:38 pm

I think this would have been really cool as a 3 option question:
ROF
FPS
Accuracy

Either way i lovez me some Feet per second.
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Perhaps but FPS without accuracy is pointless. Take the Super 9 sniper ( Mad ) for instance.
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:36 pm

I voted for accuracy, but it depends on your role. Obviously a well tuned UTG sniper is better than anything walmart can get there hands on, but for a cqb role, having a 300 fps aeg that has double the ROF and half the accuracy of a 400 fps aeg might be better depending on how you play.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:59 pm

so we all will have to just agree that it is the polls fault Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Big Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Debate   The Big Debate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Debate
Page 1 of 1