SR-25 460fps?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ostentatious
Private
Private

PostSubject: SR-25 460fps?   Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Hey guys & gals (if there are any here) new guy here!

I have been looking at getting a BAR10 or L96. I gave myself a $200-$250 price limit and of course lower is better, which was a primary attraction to the spring guns - that they are cheaper. After checking out what people do to thier guns and why It looks like I'd end up spending $200ish anyway if I got all the extras. Which is fine since that fits in with my budget.
However, the problem is that the group of guys I play with are not that large so I can't see myself going with a bolt action. I have to multitask! Heh
That brought me to this: A&K Full Metal SR-25 460fps w.20g(claimed), comes with a OK battery, & crap trickly charger for $220! Humm.
Looks like a pretty good deal, and possible real good part time sniper rifle (if they are not full of... poo with the fps claim)- while still maintaining the ability to go semi/full auto on people! And I think we can all agree that thats fun from time to time! Its also got a full butt stock so I can put a big 'ol battery in there (unlike my TM MP5 RAS!)
Now, I've never heard of A&K but then again I've been out of Airsoft for about 5 years. Anyone know if they make a quallity product? Also has anyone actually SEEN one of these SR-25s? As far as upgrades my mind automatically starts thinking "What if..."
What if you used one of the 6.03 Barrels that go the entire length of that fake suppressor - rather than stop about 6" to soon? I think thatd be a great idea, anyone got any ideas or warnings if I do attempt that? Ive never swapped out barrels. Gearboxs & etc yes, but not the barrel & hop up I always left all that connected. It looked like it was fragile & I figured I'd bugger it up heh.
Also, Lipo batteries, are they worth it? Ive seen the price and some cost as much as a good gun!
Thanks for your time and ANY ideas would be greatly appricated! I plan on going out there and hearing nothing but oooh and ahhhh and OUCH from the guys Wink
I'm new to the whole forum thing so please forgive any newbness you can see in this post hah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killyouno5
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 pm

don't worry this is a very good post. A&K are good however not the best. They are in my oppinion better then the lpeg but not as good as jg. They are very close but because they are a smaller company I don't think there guns are as good as they should be. A friend of mine had one of there guns and it did work well however I believe if he spent a lttle more he could of gotten a better gun. The part about the 460 fps is plausable however very unlikly I am willing to bet that this was with .12 gram bb's not .2 gram. I Think that lipo batteries are good however unless you are looking for high rof then don't get them. They are more for smaller guns such as the m4 that need a little faster rof.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Ostentatious
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:49 am

Thanks for the response "Killyouno5". I did some more digging and found this site http://actualairsoft.com/wp/?p=114 which did a pretty good review of this gun.

They say it has "full-auto ability" & "the full auto is easy enough to defeat." & "you can simply replace the fire selection plate that came on the gearbox with a standard m4/m16 selector plate." Now my question is WHY whould I disable to option to go full auto!?

W/o the quick detach silencer & using KSC .20 bbs "the first 10 shots all came within 15 fps of each other, around 450 fps. They ranged anywhere from 445-460 fps." The same test with the QD Silencer attached. Velocity dropped by ~5 fps however the shots were all within 7 fps of each other." Wierd, anyone play paintball. I think that the sliencer was acting as an expansion chamber. Just a theroy.

They say the gearbox is "an exact clone on the Classic Army SR25 gearbox." Which means it uses the PSG-1 cylinder, and would allow me to intall a 650mm barrel from a PSG1 with the supplied silencer (which I find ugly) - which was one of my original ideas!

Im going to stay away from lipo batteries due to the price/preformance not equaling out for me.

I'm still in the planning stages but here are the requirements for what ever gun I get:
-460fps w/.2g's - I figure that I can get around 400fps with .25g's which is what I really want!
-Accuracy - Im going to be the gangs sniper (as close as were going to get anyway) so it must be accurate to at least 150'. We do not have enough people for one of us to be a dedicated full time role of sniper.
-Reliablity - Very! Its going to have to take years of abuse as sniping weapong and skirmish when the poo hits the fan.
-Cost no more than $250. (That includes any upgrades) I already have a smart charger & better batteries than the 9/6v 1200mah that this gun comes with.
-Semi auto - NO bolt action! I'm pretty sure most of you just threw up out there in Sniper land, but I must play more than the single role sniper!
-Full Butt stock - So I can put a big 'ol battery in it for a long period of use.

If anyone has any information/comments/reccomendations about this gun let me know!
Also if you have another gun that you know of that fits my required spec's, tell me! I'm open to options.

Thanks for your time and any help would be greatly appricated! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killyouno5
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:32 am

Wow sry I gave wrong info about the fps. And the reason you would take the full auto off is to be considered a DM. If it is fully auto then some event holders would just say you are a rifleman and thus you wouldn't be allowed to play because of fps issues. The silencer may of kept the air in a straighter line long enough for the bb to gain more speed before hitting more air thus the more fps. And You are going to be limited in finding a electric gun that shoots over 460 for under $260 with upgrades. If I might say you may want to go on youtube or google videos to find reviews on this gun. Most of the time they will have firing tests so you can see about how it will preform. Now with a TBB your accuracy will go up the smaller you barrel gets and the smaller the barrel gets the higher fps you will get because the air behind the bb wont be able to escape around the bb due to less room. And getting a full butt stock is a great option but if you wanted you could get one without a full butt stock the get a small connector to large connector thing and get a battery bag (sry for wrong terms im not sure what they are really called) but this would only work if the battery went into the fore grip and the gun had rails. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:39 am

Hey sry for the double post but here is what I meant for the battery pouch and the connectors..
Pouch
http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-external-battery-pouch-black-p-27383.html

Connector
http://www.airsoftpost.com/large-battery-small-battery-device-connector-p-24424.html
Back to top Go down
Ostentatious
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:12 am

When you said that "the reason you would take the full auto off is to be considered a DM" Whats DM mean? Heh
I can't go on you-tube or any of those sites because I am in the middle of the ocean at the moment and the connection sucks, plus THE MAN has restrictions as to which sites we are allowed to access. Those are on the no-no list.

I've only played at 1 place that is an actuall airsoft field and they have a generic 400fps rule. They didnt care what you were carrying or anything really other than the chronograph.
The majority of the time I play with about 8 others, on private land and we don't have those restrictions. But we do have BBQ's & a few... "sodas" Wink

Im trying to stay away from using the battery box's and pouches. Thanks for the idea though. The less crap dangling off me & my weapon the better, I have a tendency to say - O screw this when covers blown, and run from hidey-hole to hidey-hole as I advance, and I don't like things getting caught up or bulking up my kit! If I find a gun I like better than this one, but with a pdw of whatever non-battery holding stock, I will get one of those foregrips that are designed to hold a fullsize battery.

The more I look around though the better this one its looking. I mean, this is a all metal version so it should take a beating. I hope. And what I can find for reviews by people that claim to actually own one I have heard nothign bad other than it shoots to one side or the other - till the guy realized that he should clean his barrel! Or they didnt know that they had a hop up and had to adjust it, "the battery doesnt hold a charge for very long" - if your using this gun with the battery it comes with, its going to die, and die quickly! I know this! Haha Really, I haven't found anything that negative other than it not coming from one of the more popular companies. And it uses parts from some pretty popular guns so parts shouldnt really be an issue. And as we both noticed a gun shooting around 450FPS, for $220 http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=dboys-SR25&Category_Code=Only-High-Grade-M16&Store_Code=R made with (what looks to be) some quality parts, & lots of metal is looking pretty rare. Correct me if you've found anything better people!!! Each day that passes is another day closer to me giving my own review of this gun! Heh Now... where did I put my chrono...

I knew right away what you ment by the large to small (Tamiya style) battery connectors, I was into R/C... everything for quite a while! The Tamiya style have become the standard in airsoft because they are so cheap & common (asia! where all these guns are made!) & easy to use. But they are actually not that good compared to some other options that are out there. I only use http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD175&P=0 for all my connectors. They are much better conductors of electricity, using silver which is about the best condutor, better than gold, tin, and the majority of crap out there now! They are approx between the size of the Tamiya mini/full size connectors. I solder all mine, but you are not required to when you assemble them, it just makes me feel good. don't fear the soldering iron, its your friend Wink

I like the idea of having a weapon I can do most everything with. Shocked And this one seems to fill every role.
However, this thing is...about 10 Pounds, and Im guessing the size of a small boy tall! Heh. It is not cut out for CQB! But I have that covered w/my TM MP5 RAS (Fully upgraded by UNCompany while I was in HK), a KSC G26C (just plain awsome) thats been running off of red & green gas for about 7 years now, and a 8mm Tanaka Python for my Dirty Harry moments (it breaks beer bottles from 10 feet away)!

And as Ive mentioned before, if anyone has another gun that you know of that fits my required spec's, let me know about it! It doesnt need to be a M16 style gun, I'm open to options. Thanks again and any help is always appricated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:43 pm

I would suggest going even higher then .25 bbs if you are using a gun at 460 fps. Why well it will just be alot better. If you don't understand my logic there then look at "The jim" 's post on the joules and energy and physics of bbs. It will make your bbs shot farther and straighter though so just go with higher weighted bbs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ostentatious
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:27 am

Hello again, and thanks for the input.
This will be my last post here - well, unless someone responds to this one that is!
I'm going to go ahead and move it and lots more info I found on this, and some other guns that fit my needs to the "WHICH GUN?" catagory.
I just wanted to start here because like I mentioned earlier I wanted input from you guys that primarally snipe people! As that's a role (one of them anyway) that I am going to be taking on, and one that my new gun will need to sufficently fulfill! Since I only have experience with handguns, & my Sweet MP5 Wink !
I agree about the bb weight .25 is the lightest I'd use! I'm thinking more along the lines of .28g's I understand the physics that go behind the why & all that. Plus, heavier bb's just make a nicer WHACK sound!
I have done lots of digging and found quite a few guns that would fit my needs now (listed above) - and I'm going to post them as something like "Pick the best 400fps AK, Scar, M16, etc." or something like that to narrow it down! I got links for all the ones I found that are contender worthy (in my opinion) and will link 'em all for people there.
Hope you join me on my which gun journey! I'll post pictures in a... bit when I finally get one, write an honest review with real chrono numbers, pros AND cons - once I stop doing this military thing thats kinda keeping me busy. BUT they let me have access to a comp now & then! Heh
don't shoot your eye out!
See you on my new post, and thanks for the help guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ostentatious
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:28 pm

New post is in the "Which gun" catagory.

Called "$140-220 12 guns Metal everywhere 400fps this will be a battle to remember"

Full of link's & some... info

Check it out! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killyouno5
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:16 am

Hey a DM is just short for designated marksman. In other words they are snipers who instead of doing to whole stealth thing they more or less hang out with the rifle men only there guns are more accurate and usually have semi auto capability.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Actually I think that you may preffer DMing better than just being a regular sniper . A desinated marksman you see moves around much more that just a common sniper does . Now don't get me wrong I am not trying to talk you out of being a sniper because I am sure that you will like it just like me . I am just trying to give yu something to consider now a good Desinated marksman rifle is a M14 or a Ar 10 but I will cover that later on if you want me too through private messaging because now I am not going to cover anything other than airsoft snipering . Personally I use the L-96 as most of the snipers youve talked to probally do but mine is a little different . You see I havbe about 220 buck tied up in my airsoft gun in all I purchased the black shadow ops UTG L-96 from www.pyramydair.com then I fitted it ouit with a Bushnell scope and a scope extension scope rings . That gave me much better range and accuracy as far as the optics go . I also use varying amounts of airsoft bb wieghts for better accuracy and wind resistance . I also upgraded the inner barrel and fitted it with a new spring and all in over a course of about a year or two after I got it . My L-96 was my second gun I got it just after about a week or two of airsofting and it still serves me well today . I have also allowed my buddy and fellow teammate of A.A.E. to paint my weapon an Urban black gray white and brown color with some help from myself of course . I also have fitted it with a custom made silencer supresser which deminisses from the over all noise of the bb leaving from the barrel . -96 was only about 160 buck with the scope and all but I suggest you order your own sco-0pe and just pay about 120 140 for the regular gun and bipod package . Any more questions just ask I will be happy to help /

Mossy Oak , Its Not A Passion. Its An Obcession.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Ostentatious
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:57 am

Wow thanls guys, excuse the mispellings, Im typing in the dark! Only 1 red light on and its far away. Since Im new to "Offical" airsofting I don't know all the terms & what not. Ive been into shooting people with various things since about '82 though - starting with a pump daisy BB gun hehe. Got my first airsfot around'00 and now am looking for my 4th one. I will just say that since I learned a new term DM, thats me! I know myself and fit that role. I am just not cut out for full out designation as Sniper. I know most people that start any kind of shooting sport say right away that they want to be a "Sniper", but don't really know what all goes along with that role hah. Now heres a question for you. Since I will more or less be the DM in our gang, what is the overall view of them from "The Snipers Nest" hehe? Are we DM's welcome here? Alabama Sniper, it sounds as if you have a pretty nice gun on you now. What inside diamiter barrel duid you go with and from what brand, and why that brand? I know tha twhatever gun I end up chosing I am going to swap out the stock barrel keep it as a spare & go for a tight bore. And as far as the AR10 goes, Im looking at Armalites (real) 308 selection now that I hear what I shoudl get back from my taxes haha. Sorry to say guys, I am not full on sniper mold. I hate to sound like Im bragging but I am a pretty good shot, my crew knows that so I want to lend that to them with a longer range, accurate, andhard hitting weapon with the large batter capacty. Thats what this search is basically for. Im thinking the SR25 looks pretty good, I also found a AK version thats claiming to shoot 420-440fps for $135 in HK so shipping would cost me but thats also an option. Crap gotta go. thanks for the input guys. Ill check my other post in which gun catagory when possible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
organdonor
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 am

I just got the A&K SR 25. I painted it sand color and added rail covers,leapers 50 power scope and the sniper solid stock with adjustable butt. It looks just like the new M110 sass. Have not fired it yet. Will give report with pics soon. As for quality. I would give it a 9 out of ten so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoboBob
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 pm

The A&K SR-25 has a full auto option so you might want to make it semi only. In my view the best three SR-25's are Classic Army, G&G, and G&P but those are also 2 to 3 times as much in cost in comparison to the A&K.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
organdonor
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:36 pm

True, it does have full auto. A gas op sr25 would be soooo sweet. Aeg's generally don't like being used exclusivly on semi auto. Did you see the Top Sniper competition on the military channel recently? Lots of M110 footage. Another thing is it is hard to find mid cap mags for sr 25. It comes with high 1 cap and I think G&P might sell a mid cap. Osty, don't forget when you buy from Hong Kong you usually wait a little longer and you pay through the nose for shipping. Buying in U.S. comes out to be about the same. I got mine from Hong Kong because I didn't want to wait for units to arrive at Evike but once I paid for shipping I may have paid a little more. Evike has a good price and once they have them in stock,which may be now ,they are fast shipping. If you google m110 you will see image results, the 3rd one over in desert tan is exactly the way mine looks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoboBob
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:58 pm

G&P does make a mid-cap for the A&K and Classic Army SR-25 but I wont work in the G&G. If you do change it to solely semi auto you would also want to get helica gears instead of the normal full toothed pistons and gears.
Back to top Go down
organdonor
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Yea. I'm not looking to open my gearbox up just yet. I don't like to trouble trouble. I usually won't mod my gearbox till something breaks. Not very adventurous but
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoboBob
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:32 pm

haha thats what you should do. don't touch it until something breaks...Im just not very good at that =/
Back to top Go down
slob212

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Quote :
Aeg's generally don't like being used exclusivly on semi auto.

The overspin of the Motor is what causes the problems with using just semi, a Mosfett with active braking will fix this problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoboBob
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Im pretty sure its a Mosfett AB if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
slob212

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Then, if the Internals are Quality Parts, then there is not much to worry about.

On Guns not equipped with AB, the power boost being applied to any other tooth in the piston aside from the catch tooth when the motor starts its spin up, is what causes all the problems.

Early Piston wear, Broken teeth on the Sector Gear are usually the first to show up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoboBob
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Ive seen this happen. If anyone here knows TriChrome hes on some other forums. Well hes blown up a few pistons in his more powerful guns too.
Back to top Go down
slob212

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Its prone to guns that are tuned, usually starts at the M130 level, but it does show up at the standard and High Speed set up levels. Full Metal, and Metal tooth pistons are no guarantee that it wont happen ( I Did it to my SRC with a full metal tooth Piston ).

The Teeth after the catch tooth on our pistons are just not able to withstand the extra pressure of Motor Spin up, to make matters worse, if you are using a Magnum, High Speed Motor, is is really just a matter of time before it happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
organdonor
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:36 pm

here's my sr25 in desert paint. Will paint the scope soon.
url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=19&u=13758408][/url]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TobyCross
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:28 pm

I use the A&K and its pretty good. if you get it clean it immediatley cuz mine came all dirty in the barrel. once i fixed that it shot pretty well. i eventually got a smart charger and a better battery which improved its performance. Its a very good alternative for someone with a tighter budget
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SR-25 460fps?   

Back to top Go down

SR-25 460fps?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Sniper's Nest :: Sniper Rifle Upgrades/Modifications-
Jump to: