Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Reliable brands besids TM

Go down 
+4
M14 double-taps
sniper tact
slob212
airsoft22595
8 posters

Most reliable high end aegs
G&G
Reliable brands besids TM Vote_lcap21%Reliable brands besids TM Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
CA
Reliable brands besids TM Vote_lcap14%Reliable brands besids TM Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
G&P
Reliable brands besids TM Vote_lcap0%Reliable brands besids TM Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
ICS
Reliable brands besids TM Vote_lcap7%Reliable brands besids TM Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
TSD
Reliable brands besids TM Vote_lcap21%Reliable brands besids TM Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
other
Reliable brands besids TM Vote_lcap36%Reliable brands besids TM Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

Reliable brands besids TM Empty
PostSubject: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:51 am

In your opinion whats the most reliable brand besides TM.By reliability i mean will it break easily?lifetime?how long would it last with proper care?
All im trying to get out is whats the best reliable brand of aegs besides TM.
If you vote toher please state brand...Im willing to pay up to 300$ for a new gun.First by brand then im going to look at the brands gun and choose a few and see what everyone thinks and find reviews for it.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:12 am

Are we talking, Right out of the Box ??
Before or after Tuning ?
Back to top Go down
sniper tact
Private
Private
sniper tact

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:22 am

get a G&G i have two friends with them, and i own one myself. If you get one its completely pre-upgraded. 6.04mm precision barrel, steel bushings, and a 25000 rpm high torque motor, (17 rounds per second...) that is just some of the upgrades, that I am proud of. The first time you shoot it, you'll say, "holy ****, this thing shoots sooooooooooo FAST.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:06 pm

I voted other, for the following reasons,

1, Almost every company has its good performers and has its lemons.
2, Standard straight out of the box, some of the newer clone companies smoke the `` High End ´´ manufactures. Example D-Boys SCAR over VFC.
3, Price, for the amount of money for the so called established Guns, you can buy 2 of the little known Guns and have better performance.
4, Taste in Guns, you may have a gun that you absolutly love, but in reality it is a lemon and nobody will ever change your mind.
5, All manufactures have varying QC standards that affect their level of reliability and performance, Example, ICS, is only for ICS. ( I Can´t Stand this gun )
6, The ever increasing Standards brought about by the players, a CA M4 Sportline bought today may be fairly reliable today, but in a month it may be a Top Performer when all the kinks are worked out of the gun.

The poll is just to wide open for a good answer from me, sorry.

@ sniper tact, if you want to see real ROF, pull the High Torque motor and drop in a High Speed, depending on the spring in the gun you should go from 17 BBPS to the mid to high 20´s BBPS.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:24 pm

I agree with what Slob said and I also vote other. I will just tell you my two favorite companies: Echo 1 and KWA.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:30 pm

I said TSD but JG hello there insane they and TSD are my absolute favorite company.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:33 pm

I agree with slob. But some of the other brands not mentioned were KWA. They are particularly favored for their M4.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:50 am

I picked certain brands i could afford and seem good..i wouldve added TM but i don't really like there guns and don't plan on upgrading at all.so far i am bought on brand wise..CA and G&G..
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:59 pm

TM, really, just doesn't appeal to me much anymore.... I would prefer Echo 1 over them anyday. and YES, I have actually owned a TM before. Their guns aren't bad, but when compared to Echo 1, for what you get and the price you're paying, TM is just completely impractical, ESPECIALLY out of the box. In a lot of cases, the Echo 1 out-shoots the TM. They do out of the box, no MATTER what.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 pm

DT: That may be true concerning statistics, but with a well set hop-up and some good BB's a TM will atleast match Echo 1 in performance(it has better motor/wiring/general internals too).

Although Echo 1 is really becoming a great manufacturer, they still(in my opinion) haven't fully matched TM in their internals category, and most TM's have been around for 10+ years(the MP5's and M4's more than that). Really if Echo 1 would use better wiring/motors, and use higher tolerances in their hop-ups then they would have the old TM models hands down.

I'm wandering how well the newer TM models are going to perform. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 pm

The benefits to the TM are the Markings, and attention to detail. As the established AS grandfather, TM has pretty much the right to set their own prices, everybody else is playing catch up, and they know it. Another benefit to TM is their compatibility, except for ICS parts, you can drop in most other parts without any problems.

I think in time, as TM starts taking hits in the wallet, you will see their guns being more Full Metal, and really HIGH END performers !! They are experiencing to much competition, and are going to have to change to meet the times.

Companies are Bringing out Better Versions of GB´s that can withstand enormous loads for less money, Better 1 to 1 copies of Real Steel guns, and a bigger variation of Rifles, Pistols, and attachments.
Back to top Go down
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Well G&G seems good and well built..I like the 17rps on the M14
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:50 pm

I´m not knocking the G&G 22595, just stating from my own experience and knowledge the TM M14 is their Top Performer. I have had very few TM´s cross my work bench for repairs, and here they are used A LOT !!! Mostly by Reen-actors. Most times when a M14 shows up on my door it is for Up Grades, occasionally a G&G for repairs ( Piston ), and AGM usually requires a new GB.

I was just saying as far as reliability goes.........TM M14 ( if you can afford it ).
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 pm

slob212 wrote:
The benefits to the TM are the Markings, and attention to detail. As the established AS grandfather, TM has pretty much the right to set their own prices, everybody else is playing catch up, and they know it. Another benefit to TM is their compatibility, except for ICS parts, you can drop in most other parts without any problems.

I think in time, as TM starts taking hits in the wallet, you will see their guns being more Full Metal, and really HIGH END performers !! They are experiencing to much competition, and are going to have to change to meet the times.

Companies are Bringing out Better Versions of GB´s that can withstand enormous loads for less money, Better 1 to 1 copies of Real Steel guns, and a bigger variation of Rifles, Pistols, and attachments.

I have been waiting and expecting the same thing. TM will HAVE to start either lowering their prices or coming out with newer models. I agree, pretty much every other company IS playing a game of catch-up, and we owe great thanks to TM to setting the great standars of the replicas we have now. Bt lets face it, are YO really going to pay an extra hundred dollars, just because this company has set the standards and been around longer, when you can get Another gun of equal or greater quality for sometimes up to HALF the price??
Sticks: could you send any links or info about the new TMs your talking about coming out my way, I am interested-I think this is the first I have heard. Care to elaborate?? Smile
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Slob I heard that the tm m14 have a not that great plastic receiver, while I know the G&G m14 has a nice metal receiver. Also how is the TM m14s performance out of the box, I mean I know upgraded the TMs are amzing and un upgrade theyare still great but The G&G m14 is great out of the box.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 pm

The ABS Reciever on the TM is probably the best designed that TM ever produced for their guns, sturdy, solid and none of the plastic `` Creaking ´´ sounds that are found in most of the other TM guns, it is also the biggest factor why the TM M14 is so quiet.

As far as out of the Box performance goes, 1 of our players has had his for 3 years, used at almost every match, game or Event that we take part in, and to this day, the GB has never been opened, gun never dis-assembled, and he is one of the most feared players on the field when he has that beast in his hands. Then again, he is also a great player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reliable brands besids TM   Reliable brands besids TM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reliable brands besids TM
Page 1 of 1