Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Just to close

Go down 
+10
Sniper004
panic324
Lone Wolf
Jman
killyouno5
aveenvp
wms
mgunner564
socal46
wymansailor1
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

Just to close - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just to close   Just to close - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Sorry if my first comment offended or hurt anybodies feeling,

But.........................

Think about this,

Players have a Hard enough time being taken seriously in this Hobby/Sport with just playing normally, never mind throwing in the H2H, Bayonet Hits, Knife `` Kills ´´, Hostage Taking ......and so on, Why would anybody in their right mind want to go and complicate the situation, by introducing Tactics that are just going to make it that much harder for the game to be considered a serious Hobby/Sport.

Can anybody give me a situation where you are required to pull a knife, creep up on your opponent and declare a KNIFE Kill !!! Seems to me that creeping up on your opponent and whispering `` Your Hit !! ´´ accomplishes the exact same goal.

I seem to remember a thread here about not being taken seriously, or made fun of for playing AirSoft.

Quote :
Almost everyday I am made fun of for playing airsoft
Quote :
yes all the time i am made fun of by people who play paintball...they say people who play airsoft are wimps because we are afraid to get hit by a real gun that hurts more(they say airsoft guns don't hert) so i tell them let me shoot you with my guns and tell me if it herts...they never do....
Quote :
Yes-all the time. I'm often told I'm a freshman, and shouldn't be "playing war" or "Playing guns"
Quote :
yea i get made fun of alot. people treat our hobby or sport as i call it like its not worthy of there attention.
( the quotes are being used to demonstrate a point and have absolutely nothing to do with the principles of my argument, I am not saying anybody that made the above comments is or ever was involved in the situations that make it so hard for AirSoft to be accepted as a legitimate Activity. )

Sometimes you have to ask yourself , `` Why ?´´

Remember how you present the game to people who don´t play, is how they will understand it.

People don´t even have to be activly engaged in your conversation, somebody just has to be ease dropping, hear half the description, and before youi know it, you are running a Survivalist Camp, not playing Airsoft.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just to close   Just to close - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:48 pm

I agree completely Mod. And when i said that my field allowed contact kills, I forgot to add the the teams I play on don't allow it. We play for military simulation and overall, just for fun. I agree completely that contact in airsoft should be strictly prohibited. If tempers flare during any of our skirmishes for any reason, we don't ask questions, both parties are warned. If a relapse occurs, they will be removed from gameplay and asked to leave. Police are always an option. My team is the "home team" for the field that I play at so we have alot of authority. We've asked people to leave before and the police have been called on more than one occasion because of idiots taking the game to a dangerous or threatening level.

The "bang=bang" or "you're dead" rule is always in effect whenever you make enemy contact withing 20 or so feet to reduce injury. If there are any dissagreements, call "Parley". Both people are out or have to return to their LZ. This rule was put in place at our field after I was gunned down at 15 feet from an idiot with a lipo-ready SAW. I took about 20 rounds to various parts of my body, resulting in open wounds. I was taken to the ER and patched up because I shed blood. That is also when we became more strict on FPS limits. Stupid idiot came out with a Squad Assault Weapon firing about 100fps too hot.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Just to close   Just to close - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Happened to me once , at one of our skrimishges about a year or two ago back in my backyard days before we were A.A.E. , my buddy now our Engineer but then a want to be rifleman with a Crossman Shotgun so called trench tackeled me after my other buddy went of to flank them . Well me , then a rookie since this being my first airsofftt wwarr shooting a hand me down loaner Well Stockless spring M16 no barrel guard , I was struggleling to reach one of my two pistols which were located on my hipp and my buddy was sitting on top of me trying to hold me down and reach for his pistols , both of our rifles had gotten lost in the struggle , but mine was closer , so while he let go of me to reach for one of his twenty pistols , he still has them so I guess that some things never change , I grabbed my rifle and put the barrel right up to his back and pulled the trigger , two hundred and eighty feet per second isn't much but at that close of range I imagine that it hurt , he hollered and I was able to get up and grab his two automatic mini - rifles and keep him from getting away . And we won . Hurray . Lol . Sorry for the long post but it was a pretty big experience for me .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just to close   Just to close - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Hahaha thats pretty awsome. Mini Rambo eh Alabama? Ya that's all in good fun anyway, I remember playing all out backyard wars where there were no outs...once the pain was unbearable you'd leave haha. So many scars, such good times. I miss the good ol' days before I knew about safety.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Just to close   Just to close - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:28 pm

There is always the option of taking part in a Mercy Game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wymansailor1
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Just to close   Just to close - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 am

Well your guys are right it wasn't on any MAG feild and it certainly would of got us kicked out if it was. I definitly agree though hand 2 hand usually doesnt end well as many lose friends or teammates over it. Mine was a fluke we both laugh and thought wow thats about as real as you can get without really trying to kill eachother. Hand 2 hand if used must be simulated with a certain gentleman like character rather than the beasts we all are Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just to close   Just to close - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just to close
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2