Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

I'm new to this and need your advice

Go down 
+2
AFU
nikki123
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nikki123
Private
Private

I'm new to this and need your advice Empty
PostSubject: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:56 pm

Hello airsoftallies,

I am planning to buy a airsoft sniper rifle but I am not sure if I am going to get the right one for the $$.
So far this what I have in my list:
UTG L96 AWP Spring Airsoft Sniper Rifle
AirSplat 3-9x50 Red Reticle Rifle Scope
I am sure that the L96 in my list does not come with scope; however, I don't know if I have to buy the rail for the scope that I listed above.
Also, about the BBs, I have no idea what size I am going to get for my sniper(soon to be.)

Thank you in advance
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:59 pm

The L96 comes with an attached rail for a scope, and for a sniper rifle you'll want to use .25 for an unmodified rifle, and close to .30+ for modified rifles.

Before you become a sniper though, you should ask yourself if that is the correct position for you. A lot of people I talk to become snipers because they think it sounds glorious, and then are disappointed with it later.

www.os-lupus-airsoft.com

Check out my site, we are still working on it/its content, but one thing we are trying to do is give good information on how to determine if you should be a sniper or not.

Also note that if you are your teams captain, it is better to be a main rifleman than a sniper, because you will be required to give orders, and that is hard to do when you are fulfilling the role of sniper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:07 pm

A commander should be with his main group as AFU stated. Most commanders though do like to have the advantage of being able to scope out ahead.

It is not reccomended but some commanders do snipe. Just I DO NOT reccomend buying a bolt-action rifle to start. Get a DMR or a AEG that you can modify for intense accuracy.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:13 pm

AFU wrote:
The L96 comes with an attached rail for a scope, and for a sniper rifle you'll want to use .25 for an unmodified rifle, and close to .30+ for modified rifles.

Before you become a sniper though, you should ask yourself if that is the correct position for you. A lot of people I talk to become snipers because they think it sounds glorious, and then are disappointed with it later.

www.os-lupus-airsoft.com

Check out my site, we are still working on it/its content, but one thing we are trying to do is give good information on how to determine if you should be a sniper or not.

Also note that if you are your teams captain, it is better to be a main rifleman than a sniper, because you will be required to give orders, and that is hard to do when you are fulfilling the role of sniper.
thanks for the reply
I have a lot of patience and I don't want to get shot with automatic rifles. I am a type of person who like to give support to their teammates.
I know this is different situation, but I play FPS video game like COD4/WAW, and my main job in my clan is sniper.
I am aware of shooting in long range is difficult, but I am willing to practice and learn more about this.

About the BB, I read the "Choosing a BB" on the main site and I decided to get the .25g, but my problem is I don't know the size in mm should I get for the UTG L96.
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
A commander should be with his main group as AFU stated. Most commanders though do like to have the advantage of being able to scope out ahead.

It is not reccomended but some commanders do snipe. Just I DO NOT reccomend buying a bolt-action rifle to start. Get a DMR or a AEG that you can modify for intense accuracy.
I don't want to spend more than $200 for my first gun.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:19 pm

If you don't like being hit with automatic fire, then I would say being a sniper is the worst possible scenario. No matter how good you train, eventually you'll run into someone/ a team that is better. It is just a matter of time.

Take the Marines, probably the best fighting force in the world, in 50 years maybe they still will be, in 100, maybe. . . in 1000? I doubt it.

Being a sniper, if your position is overrun, you'll receive a lot of massive fire without an adequate rifle to return the fire, unless you have your own automatic weapon, which can become a burden at times.

If you want a position that is less likely to receive a massive amount of heavy fire, I suggest becoming a support rifleman. Have so much firepower on your side, that others won't be able to return their fire upon you.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:25 pm

$200 is actually a great budget. Now is that just for your gun, or do you plan on also buying gear?

Here are a few DMR's that are in this range. please note they will need some mods before doing any serious type of marksmanship but they will suffice for getting you used to the behavior:
E1 G3-SG-1 DSR
E1 G36K Battle Rifle
E1 STAG-15 M16 DMR
D-Boy MK12 MOD0 SPR
CM032 M14 Black

Btw, I forgot to ask. What is your preference of gun style? (Wood, Metal, AK, G36, AR...ect?)
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
$200 is actually a great budget. Now is that just for your gun, or do you plan on also buying gear?

Here are a few DMR's that are in this range. please note they will need some mods before doing any serious type of marksmanship but they will suffice for getting you used to the behavior:
E1 G3-SG-1 DSR
E1 G36K Battle Rifle
E1 STAG-15 M16 DMR
D-Boy MK12 MOD0 SPR
CM032 M14 Black

Btw, I forgot to ask. What is your preference of gun style? (Wood, Metal, AK, G36, AR...ect?)

As of now, no, I am not getting a gear, yet. I just want to practice with bottle cups first.
I do like that E1 G36K Battle Rifle.
Is it possible to change that orange color into black color?
Is it legal to carry two rifles?

What about the BB size question???
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Are you in the United States? Then it is not legal to carry any rifle. You are required to have them in proper cases for transportation while in public, you are also required to have the plastic orange tip, most manufactures won't sell to the US without the tip. Just use .20-.25 BBs and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Yes those tips are called flash hiders and you can easily buy another, similar one that is black that has the exact same threadings and design.

G&G Steel G36 Flashhider (Long)
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:48 pm

don't buy from airsplat and if you get a L96 i would recremend a WELL L96 from Evike.com.
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:55 pm

AFU wrote:
Are you in the United States? Then it is not legal to carry any rifle. You are required to have them in proper cases for transportation while in public, you are also required to have the plastic orange tip, most manufactures won't sell to the US without the tip. Just use .20-.25 BBs and you'll be fine.
I thought the BBs come in .xx"g" and xx"mm"
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:57 pm

No, the universal BB size is 6mm. Some custom/Modified/collector series guns take 8 mm bb's but those are illegal on most fields.

it is just .xx g
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
No, the universal BB size is 6mm. Some custom/Modified/collector series guns take 8 mm bb's but those are illegal on most fields.

it is just .xx g
Cool. 6mm is universal. I will get this Excel 0.25 g 2200 6mm Airsoft Gun BB then.
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:02 pm

kkoerber wrote:
don't buy from airsplat and if you get a L96 i would recremend a WELL L96 from Evike.com.
Why? What is wrong with airsplat? Is that a bad site?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:03 pm

ok. I personally prefer KSC perfects

airsplat has a good customer service department. Just their shipping SUCKS! you will get a box that has the gearbox to your gun. then another with the actual body.

Use ASGI, Evike, AEX, or Airsoftatlanta.
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
ok. I personally prefer KSC perfects

airsplat has a good customer service department. Just their shipping SUCKS! you will get a box that has the gearbox to your gun. then another with the actual body.

Use ASGI, Evike, AEX, or Airsoftatlanta.
I live in Maryland BTW

What do you think of this TSD brand?
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:07 pm

I read the sticky http://www.airsoftallies.com/online-store-reviews-f9/online-store-s-overall-reviews-t34.htm and airsplat is rated 4.4/5 that is why I was shopping there
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:33 pm

also remember these are personally experiences AND these reveiws were done months ago. I have been active on the ASGI Forum and they are pretty reliable to their customers.

Airsoft Atlanta is also a very good store you should consider.
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
also remember these are personally experiences AND these reveiws were done months ago. I have been active on the ASGI Forum and they are pretty reliable to their customers.

Airsoft Atlanta is also a very good store you should consider.
What do you think about this Hong Kong etailers?
http://rsov.com
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:50 pm

I don't. Just you have to pay a high shipping tax for overseas. try Redwolf if you want a overseas retailer that has stores in the US.
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
I don't. Just you have to pay a high shipping tax for overseas. try Redwolf if you want a overseas retailer that has stores in the US.
I have checked redwolf but they don't have L96 rifle under$200
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:10 pm

I thought you were still considering the AEG???
Back to top Go down
nikki123
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
I thought you were still considering the AEG???
Yes, I am. remember I was asking you if it was legal two carry two weapons.
Back to top Go down
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:58 pm

You can go right ahead and carry 2 rifles in a game, but if i were u and wanted to be a sniper i would get a MAC 11 or something as a back up instead of a whole diff. rifle
http://www.airsoftpost.com/full-auto-m11a1-airsoft-blowback-submachine-mock-silencer-p-25031.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to this and need your advice   I'm new to this and need your advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm new to this and need your advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next