Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Maps for your areas

Go down 
+2
sticks.13
AFU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AFU
AFU

Maps for your areas Empty
PostSubject: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Do any of you have a good method of obtaining maps of areas (without them being provided for you).

I have attempted to use google to get a look at some of my areas, check to see if I can get a map, but the quality isn't good. You can't get close enough while at the same time getting enough of the area in the picture.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:04 pm

I get the field maps from the field owners, usually online.

But sometimes I also use a topographical map, which I get from Google earth. usually I can only get like a 2 mile zoom, but it works well enough.

I believe the Topography maps can be obtained from a park ranger. these should fit your need, as they will be like the size of a state map.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:03 pm

I have the the 20,000:1 Topography map for SE United States on my Garmin.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:37 am

No, technically it is national forest, but they rangers don't have maps for it. I know, my dad use to volunteer ( as well as myself) with them, and they won't even hike down to bear creak (A strenuous and steep 5 miles down then up) or at least I thought so when I was younger, it doesn't seem so now. But our rangers are pathetic when compared to serious people.

Google earth I'll try again, but I can't get it close enough while showing a good diameter of the area.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:49 am

Did you try the down loadable version? I know that one can get pretty close, reason being we found some really funny towns in PA(1000 ppl).... What do you use study hall for?

sticks
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:20 pm

study hall? 0_0 What study hall? That was random.

and getting close isn't my problem, my problem is getting close enough while at the same time keeping a good view of the area I need.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:17 pm

I draw out all my maps on graph paper, its not really as hard as it seems, cuz as long as i can read it its good...
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:32 pm

well the field owner (also die hard air soft player) had one of his buddies use google earth and then photo shop(think) and made the paths and out lined of the field
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:37 pm

yeah google earth doesnt work in my area..... it sucks. try it my zip code is 49627
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Google earth doesn't work for me either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maps for your areas   Maps for your areas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maps for your areas
Page 1 of 1