Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Just got the Echo 1 AK in...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Just got the Echo 1 AK in... Empty
PostSubject: Just got the Echo 1 AK in...   Just got the Echo 1 AK in... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Hey guys, thought I would put down my initial thoughts on the Echo 1 (Vector Arms) Full metal AK 47 RIS. Upon recieving the package from Precision Airsoft, I opened the box to find that it was well secured with plenty of packaging peanuts. I pulled the Echo box out and opened it to see a really nicely finished AK47, hicap mag, battery, charger, unjamming rod, manual, foregrip for RIS, and even 2 paper targets. The AK feels really nice when shouldered and feels really solid. When I first pulled it out of the box the barrel was a little on the loose side, but that was easily fixed by tightening a few screws. Other than that, it was just about perfect. The exterior of the replica seems as though they designed it for durability and I hope the internals are just as strong.

*Looks/function*
The body is definitely not ABS, this replica weighs quite a good bit, probably around 9 lbs or so... I recommend getting a 3 point sling for longer games. The overall feel I get is that the AK is very solid. There arent any creaks or metal moving around when holding the replica. The selector lever is smooth and clicks when in place. Hop up is easy to use/access. Feels very comfy when shouldered. Standard iron sights arent my favorite design but they could get the job done, but with the RIS you might as well slap a red dot of some kind on there.
The actual RIS handle itself is made from ABS, but it seems like it will be pretty durable as it is rather thick. There are a total of 4 rails to place accessories on the RIS handle. The outer barrel is also pretty beefy, so there you could say the entire front assembly is well built.
The Vector Arms logo's are pretty cool and definitely stand out when looking at the rifle up close.
Another nice feature is the ergo grip. It is extemely comfy compared to most AEG grips.

*Shooting*
After getting it ready, I took it outside and tuned the hop up a bit. Then I fired off a few, which turned out to be pretty darn accurate. I was somewhat surprised at first because it seemed very consistently accurate. I am going to perform an accuracy test with the stock barrel and then another with a tightbore that is waiting to go in to see if there is much improvement. I will post the results.
The rate of fire was a little lacking with an 8.4v (see below). Of course, I am comparing it to my CA36c with a 9.6v and a Systema Magnum motor... so it isnt completely fair, but I would say the AK could benefit from a better motor/gears and a 9.6v. Many people would be satisfied with it just on a 9.6v though.
Just guessing, but I would say the velocity is somewhere around 370FPS, I will chrono it and update this in a few days.

*Cons*
-The first major issue I ran into is that a Large type battery that is 9.6v wont fit in the stock. It actually isnt even close to fitting to be honest. So I doubt any modification to the stock will make it fit... but I will look into this a little more soon just to make sure. I will then post my findings.
-As I mentioned above the rate of fire is a little lacking on a 8.4v
-Barrel woble out of box, but easily fixed.
-Cocking handle/door are plastic, which means they will probably be the first to break.

*Pros*
-RIS unit allows me to put my M203 on the bottom and a red dot on top without purchasing any mounts.
-Longer stock barrel but shorter profile allows for great accuracy while keeping the replica somewhat compact. Also helps out longer range shot accuracy as well.
-With the M203 and sight on it, it looks pretty intimidating even when coming up against an M249.
-Suppose to be Tokyo Marui compatible, but since I dont have any TM parts to put on it right now, I cant really test this.
-Low cost for overall performance and looks.
-Hop up is easy to adjust and due to its design its easy to reset it to the same spot by sliding the adjuster back and forth.

All in all, a great replica for the money. Maybe one of the best replica's under $200 in my opinion. I would give it an 8/10. If it had a higher ROF and you could put a 9.6v battery in the stock it would be about a 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Just got the Echo 1 AK in...   Just got the Echo 1 AK in... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Just wanted to give you guys something to look at...
[img]Just got the Echo 1 AK in... Airsof11[/img]

P.S. I still really really like the AK. It did quite well for me at our last practice. The hop up rubber was just getting broken in but it still was fairly accurate, had good range, the ROF is much better with the spare CA motor I put in it, and it is just fun running towards somebody and launching the M203. Twisted Evil I also found out that a PEQ battery fits in the stock just about perfectly, so I now would raise my 8/10 to about an 8.7/10. It is a great buy if you want to spend less than $200 on a replica.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Just got the Echo 1 AK in...   Just got the Echo 1 AK in... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:29 pm

B-E-A-utiful gun Seabass!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Just got the Echo 1 AK in...   Just got the Echo 1 AK in... Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:29 pm

that is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got the Echo 1 AK in...   Just got the Echo 1 AK in... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got the Echo 1 AK in...
Page 1 of 1