Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

What I drag around during Games/Events

Go down 
+10
Keyser
Tank
HoboBob
djstasevich
M14 double-taps
mgunner564
wms
WorldsEdge
sticks.13
slob212
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

What I drag around during Games/Events Empty
PostSubject: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:12 am

Some have been asking what it is for gear that I drag with me during a game or event.
Since I play strictly MIL-Sim, the best advice that I can give any player is to take along just the things that you need, not what you think you `` Might Need ´´, there is a big difference. If you go onto the Playing field carrying all the stuff you think you Might Need, then sooner or later the only thing missing in your Load Out will be the Kitchen Sink Laughing .

So here is what I carry,

What I drag around during Games/Events FAMPICS090

What I drag around during Games/Events FAMPICS093

Depending on the Game the gun will change between the CA SCAR or the CTR-02, the G3SAS is used only when I know that I will be entering a building ( and that is very rare ).

Mil-Tec 5 Color Fleck camoflage Pants, Shirt and Jacket,
Cheap no name Fleck Boonie Hat
Drive On Rad
SHEMAG
Midland G7XT with Throat Mic.
Mil-Tec Assault Gloves, Long Version
12 Pocket Fleck camoflage Assault Vest
4 Color Camoflage Sticks
1Gal CamelBack
Compass
Pace counter ( used as a Hit Counter Twisted Evil )
10-12 Low Cap Magazines
Extra BB´s ( 3000 as a rule )
Speedloader
Neoprene Face Mask for night OPS
Viper Goggles for Night Ops, Shooting Glasses for Daytime Ops
2 Batteries, 9,6V 3000MaH, 8,4V 3000 MaH
Pen,Pencil & Notebook
Small personel First Aid Kit

Things missing from the picture,
Extra T-Shirt
Extra Socks
1 MRE ( 24-36 hr Op, a second MRE if the Op is longer )
Boots ( Changing brands, just havn´t decided on what brand )
Binoculars
NVG´s ( Loaned out to a friend for the week )

So that´s it, my moto for events or Long games is, Travel Light, Freeze at Night !!
Nothing is more annoying that having Players that think they need to pack enough gear to last them a month, and they can´t make it through the first day Mad

Hope you enjoy Cool
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:35 pm

I have the same idea! I just chuckle at people who tote around full EI Ciras' with a full medic kit and 500ft of paracord on their back....

I run with a simple chest/hip rig(like a belt but 12in tall, instead of the normal 6in), and a backpack if I cannot head back to the car for lunch/a break. Really the only two things that are needed in excess/take up allot of space are mags and water(I carry 7 mags, 5 bottles of water minimally).

sticks
Back to top Go down
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 pm

What is that gun on the right with the scope?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
wms
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:35 pm

looks like the CTR-02
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Its a JP custom that Slob forgot to post on here! Even after he made a thread about it! lol, looks good Slob. Maybe this could be a post your rig thread?

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:39 am

Sorry Sticks, got so many different projects going on right now, having a real hard time Keeping up with them, gonna have to find a way to squeeze 36 hours into a 24 hour day. Very Happy

@ LW, I havn´t forgot about you either, just be patient.
Back to top Go down
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:08 am

Well Slob do tell about that gun, cause it looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
wms
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:31 am

WorldsEdge wrote:
Well Slob do tell about that gun, cause it looks awesome!

and a second to that!
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 pm

yes i wish i had the skills to make a custom gun but i suck with wiring so that puts a nail into that coffin
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:17 pm

will post Pics tomorrow, along with the break down on everything that's in it.

@ mgunner, I used to have the most horrible time re-wiring a gun, it´s just takes practice, don´t give up.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:03 pm

yes but the last time i did that i fried the motor in my only AEG for some reason i don't know how but i wast trying to put in new wiring form the battery to the motor and than back fired
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Just a quick Q & A, if you have time for the press Wink

~What brand/weight BBs are those you use? and Bio or Non?
~Do you use any sort of binocs?
~how much were the NVGs and where did you pick them up?
~Why the yellow strips around the stock on your G3 SAS? I know in a lot of European countries (Poland, Hungary, Scottland,) They do that to A) show team, B) Show that the gun is rented, or C) to show the user is under age/does not have an "airsoft license", which a few European countries do require. I'm guessing it's not C though.
~Do you carry any time of Smoke or pyro or airsoft grenade?
~Lastly, what brand of Low-Cap M-series Mags do you use?
Thanks for the time, if you get the time.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:42 pm

First to answer DT,

HiDD Bio´s .30g
I sometimes carry Bino´s, depends on the Plying field and duration of the Game.

Expensive !! Very Expensive and I ordered them from the States. ( AN/PVS-7´s )
The Yellow stripes are to Identify the Gun as a 0,5er, used for CQB only, believe me you don´t want to get hit by a gun shooting over 2 Joules from a short Distance.

Smoke is used on Fields that allow it, and depending on the Time of year, during High Summer, when the vegetation is really dry, we don´t use it, the risk of a fire is just to High.

The magazines that I use are from a local Manufacture, Begadi Universal´s, Metal Body, never Jam, never a problem with feeding, and won´t cost you an arm and a leg. ( about 4,50$ a Mag )

So now to the CTR-02,

Length: 107cm, 42,12in
Weight: 4,26kg, 9,4lb
Range: 60m, 65yrd, 196ft. 10/10 hit on a 6in metal disk
Fps constant 515-520 2,51J, Measured with .20g

PDI/X-Fire 6,01mm Inner Barrel 595mm
King Arms Metal Hop-Up
Shark Hard Rubber ``H´´ type Hop-Up Rubber and Nubbing

DeepFire 7mm Re-enforced GB Shell ( Polished )
Prometheus Triple Torque Up Gears
MadBull M140 Spring
DeepFire Shims
Prometheus 7mm Bearing Bushings
DeepFire Full metal tooth Piston
DeepFire Bore Up Cylinder, CylinderHead ( Polished )
Custom Made Piston Head ( Vented, Larger `` O ´´ Ring )
DeepFire Bore Up Nozzle ( Modified )
DeepFire Titanium Sector Gear Clip
DeepFire Metal Spring Guide with Bearing
Prometheus Hard Anti-Reversal Latch
all small Springs, ARL, Tappet Plate, Switch assembly, Selector Plate King Arms
DeepFire Tappet Plate
Prometheus Silicon Cabel
Mosfet
Deans Connectors

JP Arts CTR-02 Body,
Free Floating Outer Barrel
VTAC R.A.S
MagPul Clone, Adjustable Sniper Butt Stock
King Arms M-4 Pistol Grip
Polished Bolt Carrier
Left/Right hand Charging Handle
SYSTEMA Magnum Motor

Golden Image Red/Green illuminated Mil-Dot Scope

What I drag around during Games/Events DSC04886

What I drag around during Games/Events DSC04887

What I drag around during Games/Events DSC04888

What I drag around during Games/Events DSC04890

What I drag around during Games/Events DSC04892

What I drag around during Games/Events DSC04895

What I drag around during Games/Events DSC04914

What I drag around during Games/Events DSC04892

To everybody that gave their opinions, and comments about the building of the gun, Thanks !!
Your ideas and suggestions sent me into different directions while building the gun, and I think the end result was well worth it.

P.S. Yes I know the front lens cover is missing, My daughter shot it off during our last game !! Shocked

Last edited by slob212 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:52 pm

wow i really like that thing....just to throw this out there how much did that entire gun cost parts and all?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:11 pm

about 500$, when you start from scratch, most of the internals I had laying around, either from past projects, trades, or gifts.

If you consider building it, the lower reciever needs som modifications in order to get a 7mm gearbox into it, Real tight Fit., other than that the body is fantastic, solid, everything fits together like a good pair of old sneakers, no wobble, weak areas that need to be re-enforced or other flaws. I especialy like the absence of the ejection port dust cover.

Are you anywhere near Dexter or Winn ???
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:18 pm

me? oh noo i live in the USA in one of the most airsoft deprived stats in the country....Maine but there is an up side... almost every one in my state is form the same nationally...French
Back to top Go down
wms
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:48 pm

that is a SWEET rifle!
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Lol Mgunner that made me chuckle....

Slob that's a great Blaster you have! One question though, why is your effective range so small for a high FPS rifle? Is that just the tested effective range? Or the range that you get 10/10 shots at? I can consistently get my rifles out to that range and they are shooting 100 FPS less, not with those great groupings of coarse.

sticks
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:45 pm

yes i thought some one would get a kick well actully I'm hiding a few Cubans in my basement...lol don't tell no one! but yes that thing is amusing!
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Slob, thanks for the speedy reply. It's funny you mention that, went to a game on Monday at an outdoor CQB field, and one of my team members popped smoke and it immediately spreaded like a wildfire. Two players left with third degree burns, half of the field was Burned to the ground,and I left with zero kills and nasty burns on my face and hands.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:50 pm

wow that sucks....in maine i think that yould be considered arson... but then again thats whay you have to do a multi year course to use pyro like that...
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:26 pm

@ Sticks,

The 10/10 hit at 60 meters was the best performance, at 70 meters I was consistent with 7/10 same size target, at 80meters was at 50 percent, and at longer it was pretty much Spray and Pray Laughing . Am waiting on a delivery of BB´s with higher weights up to .43g, not that I am expecting to be using the real heavy ones ( they are for a future Project Twisted Evil ).

@mggunner, I know that you are in Maine, Dexter and Winn are towns outside of Bangor, was just wondering if you were nearby.

Smoke on the Playing Field adds some added realism, and can change the course of a game when used correctly, but the dangers are often overlooked, Fire is the biggest danger of course, but you also need to keep in mind that AirSoft is played by everybody, not just players in their physical prime or have a 100% Bill of Health, think what smoke will do to a player that has Asthma Shocked , to make matters worse you have the Idiots ( Sorry no better description ), that make their own smoke grenades using substances and chemicals that are toxic or acidic when they burn.

If you are going to use smoke, or are going to be on a Field that allows it, everybody needs to know what the rules are and what is allowed, a little tip, if you ever play on a field that allows the use of Home Made Pyro, pack up your gear and go home, the risk of injury is just to great, and the People sponsoring or holding the event are not serious about the Game, all they want is your Money.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:33 pm

i have seen a ''smoke'' grenade that well....blew up instead of smoked! that had so many chemicals in it was scary and i seen these ''smoke mortars'' that have a sky burst of smoke(witch is pretty useless if you ask me) and then rains bb's...only thing is that they blew up so high i could run for cover before they hit the ground...

@Slob sorry for not making the connection i have never herd of Winn Maine but i have herd of Dexter...why do you ask?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:44 pm

I have Family in both towns and and some have said that they would like to get involved in AS, just not any teams near them.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:08 pm

wow cool ill PM you some teams in Maine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I drag around during Games/Events   What I drag around during Games/Events Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I drag around during Games/Events
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next