Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

airsoft stocks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has a way to put a wooden stock onto a utg m324s?
I was watching the future airsoft smiths page and was wondering if anyone has a way to fix it on or plans on how to make i?
Thank you for your help

WW
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:59 pm

well firsoft off why you you want to do that unless you plan to hang it up some were? i have that gun and puting a wodden stock on the gun would make it unbelively heavy
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:05 pm

I agree. Synthetic stocks are typically lighter and stronger than their wood counterparts. Unless It's going to be a "wall gun", there is really no reason, other than looks, to put a real wood stock on it. There are always synthetic "wood style" stocks if you are really wanting the wood look. As for making one, unless you have extensive woodworking knowledge, you wont be able to do it youself.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:09 pm

I built a wood stock for my VSR, and it is definitely a wall hanger. I would have pics up but camera is out of batteries.... Mad

I wouldn't make a wood stock unless you plan on playing in a reenactment game(ie, WW2 or Vietnam).

sticks
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:19 pm

AH. my team reenacts vietnam. would a sniper have a wood stock? if so what type(cedar, pine ect)?
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Then you wouldnt neccessarliy need a wooded stock , tell me , when was your last reenactment me and my buddies treavel alot and would love to come to one .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Good point on their use in reenactment games sticks. Ok well Wolf if you're doing vietnam games, you'd want to model your rifle after one these marksmanship weapons:

Winchester Model 70
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_70

M40
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_rifle

M21 (Not bolt action)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M21_Sniper_Weapon_System

Springeidl M1903
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_M1903

The rifle you're using looks most like the M40 or Model 70. Only the Model 70 has a wood stock, although the military model didnt I don't think. So, if you are trying to reenact the role of a US soldier in Vietnam, you'd probably want to go with an OD synthetic stock. So in essense, I guess I'm just saying...you don't need a wood stock.

[EDIT]
I hope that if you're reenacting the exploits of the heroic and memorable soldiers that risked their lives in Vietnam for you, that you'd at least do your history homework first.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:59 pm

yeah that takes most of the time of pre op. and recently alabama we lost a area where we reenacted so we are basicly for now"dorment" but soon back up(I hope) Sad

I like the m40 close to what I have. thank you durkee for the links Very Happy

White wolf
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 pm

no worries. I think you need to do some more research on the Vietnam war and armaments cuz It will help you alot when deciding stuff like this. I'm a nerd though, so if you ever need an answer about real-world warfighting, just ask.

sorry about the wikipedia links, they're not always well written but I think those ones were good and i was in a hurry...
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:10 pm

The Winchester M70 that they used in the first few years is nam has a wooden stock. The reason is because they were originally military target rifles. I believe the M40 had a wooden stock whereas the M40a1 has synthetic? I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Well seems I was right, heres an excerpt from the wki link:

"and gave them the M40 designation. Most had a Redfield 3–9 power Accurange variable scope mounted. With time, certain weaknesses, primarily warping of the all-wood stock, became apparent. Sometime in the early 1970s, the USMC armorers at MCB Quantico began rebuilding the original M40s into M40A1s. The process involved, among other improvements, replacing the original wood stocks with McMillan A1 fiberglass stocks, as well as replacing the original Redfield scopes with Unertl scopes. The M40 was originally designed by Jack Cutty and Neill Goddard."- 1st paragraph of the "history" section.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Ya that sounds right Sticks. Thanks for correcting my mistake on that. Vietnam is still a little cloudy for me right now. I'm just recently becoming interested in that subject. I remember this though: A few years into the war, the US brass was being flooded with complaints that the wood stocks on their rifles would warp or become bogged because of the Vietnamese climate. In response, marksmen were supplied with stock conversions for the M40...then, all later models like the M40-A1 were outfitted with synth-stocks in-factory.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Alright back to the subject. does anyone have plans or how tos on making a wooden stock for the m324s by utg(I know kinda cheap. like I said new to airsoft bout a year in. Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

airsoft stocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft stocks   airsoft stocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

airsoft stocks
Page 1 of 1