Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Martial Arts and Fighting Styles

Go down 
+12
aveenvp
white wolf
slob212
wms
HoboBob
Jax
ajrook
sticks.13
mgunner564
Sniper004
mas
Spl. Durkee
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Empty
PostSubject: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Are any of you practicing any kind of martial art or fighting style?

I've been doing Krav Maga for quite a while now. I like it because It's a combination of different martial arts, refined to work in real-world and modern situations.
Back to top Go down
mas
Corporal
Corporal
mas

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:25 pm

i did tae-kwon-do and i am a green belt blue tip. but i kinda grew out of it so now im not in it.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm

im in tae-kwon-do too
Back to top Go down
mas
Corporal
Corporal
mas

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:34 pm

well im not in it anymore. i used to be in it.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:38 pm

You made that apparent mas Razz

I tried Tae Kwon Do or a bit, but it wasn't for me. The fighting style they teach isn't meant for defence. It's an exhibition martial art, as in, it's meant to be a sport more than anything. Kicking, one of the key parts of Tae Kwon Do, is a very unstable fighting gesture. Pressure points, pin-point blows, and takedowns are my thang. KRAV MAGA WOOT!
Back to top Go down
mas
Corporal
Corporal
mas

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 pm

yea i looked at a krav maga move on youtube. it seems like a pretty funny martial art to me! Razz
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Why?
Back to top Go down
mas
Corporal
Corporal
mas

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 pm

...idr (i don't remember) i have a pretty short term memery loss but not to short.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Uh ok...you, white wolf, and his brother...are REALLY wierd.
Back to top Go down
mas
Corporal
Corporal
mas

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:47 pm

yea i know. but we are good at AIRSOFT! cheers
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm

well i did karate for a while..... and now and then i like to practice a little mixed martial arts....but i don't fight because i don't want to have my brain scrambled... Razz
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:48 pm

My brother taught me how to box pretty well, as did some of the other kids in the neighborhood... Laughing I would like to do some mixed martial arts stuff, but I don't really have the time too...

I may not be the most proficient in any fighting style but I have to agree with Durkee, kicking is absolutely worthless in most fights. I have not seen a single fight where someone did anything by trying to kick, most of the time it backfires as its just an invitation for the other person to put you on the ground. I would like to see a roundhouse kick in real life, it doesn't seem that effective but you would be a total BA for doing one.... Very Happy

Its really cool that allot of you guys do Martial arts; how many of you guys have actually used it though? I'm wondering if the extra $150 a month for lessons would be worth it.....

sticks

Last edited by sticks.13 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ajrook
Private
Private
ajrook

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:08 pm

I did some type of matial arts for a few years but recently i had to use it when some loser at my school tried to take all my stuff so i gave hima few blows to the head that i learned in martial arts and he hasn't messed with me since
Back to top Go down
Jax
Corporal
Corporal
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 pm

GEEZE! What is it with people and Tae Kwon Do!!!!
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:16 pm

I did some kind of Karate. I was a green belt when I stopped for other sports.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
mas
Corporal
Corporal
mas

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:50 pm

tae-kwon-do is very popular.
Back to top Go down
wms
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:14 am

i do wasa-ki-shin-do
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:21 am

Aikidō for 15 years.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:29 pm

guy walks into a bar and a korean man is sitting in his seat, the man says hey get out of my seat! the korean man turns and beats him to a pulp and says !Ti-Kwon-Do..... Korea! then sits back down, the badly beaten mans struggles to leave and limps out the door. a few moments later the man returns and shoots the korean man in the head.... Remington, america

lol sorry i just had to through that in

Last edited by Sniper004 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
Uh ok...you, white wolf, and his brother...are REALLY wierd.

only with sugar/week days
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:56 am

well im only weird with a yellow Monster energy in me and a long night XD

lols sniper004!
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Testing for 1st don Black belt in Tae Kwon Do on may 9th. In my school, A black belt testing consists of 9 hours of simply getting screwed up, and then breaking 37 boards, and a concrete slab. We have the toughest black belt testing in the state. Its going to be a traumatic day.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm

ouch
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:13 pm

I use the i'm crippled you can't hit me move
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles   Martial Arts and Fighting Styles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martial Arts and Fighting Styles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next