Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

fake???

Go down 
+24
white wolf
Rusty M16A4
JARHEAD
AssultPwner
Warsawwarrior9
ncis
Jax
SnOWWoLF
pasniper21
lonesniper24
March_ARB
M14 double-taps
ard777
Admin
scoutthedoggie
Alabama_Sniper
L96-Sniper
Ace
sticks.13
Halo0004
Roamer
Fox13
Seabass_9000
wf sniper
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:02 pm

you guys think this was a set up?
if not than this guy is good(considering hes not really sitting in one spot concealed)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5786227526206925288&q=airsoft+sniper&total=927&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:31 pm

In my opinion, all the different camera angles kind of throw up a big ol, "setup" flag. Seriously, if you saw a bunch of camera men all in one area, dont you think you would know there is somebody in the middle of them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Ya I have to go with seabass. Aslo notice that the guy with the DMR plays both teams.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Good call... didnt notice that at first. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:03 pm

the other videos shot at this course are actually pretty cool, but I will have to go with you guys on this particular video.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Halo0004
Private
Private
Halo0004

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Yeah same... And they guys kinda seem to be standing there for easier targets... i think it's kinda set.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:50 am

this video is not setup. this guy is a professional camera man. what he does is he films a particular person(s) and then when editing he adds the other people from the opposing teams (probably from other vids or other matches) into that video. the DM only plays on red team(they have armbands). i can understand why you all thought that this was staged. but the only footage from that game is the DM with the marpat. all the other stuff are shots from other games (the opposition shooting, the called hits, etc etc).

sometime in the future i want to play with these guys, if you look at the other vids they have some amazing fields

sticks
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:19 pm

It would be sweet to play on these fields, the only thing is they are in the UK. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
L96-Sniper
Private
Private
L96-Sniper

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 pm

well if its not fake great camrea work/editing
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Yeah they gotta be one heck of a camera man that kind of looked like a movie .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
scoutthedoggie
Private
Private
scoutthedoggie

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 4:13 am

Seabass_9000 wrote:
In my opinion, all the different camera angles kind of throw up a big ol, "setup" flag. Seriously, if you saw a bunch of camera men all in one area, don't you think you would know there is somebody in the middle of them?

Bunch of camera men? I work alone, I more often wear more camo than the players, here is a link too the forum for the site that the video was filmed at.

http://forums.airsofters.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Get a login for that forum and post a new topic up asking if I set up any of the videos filmed at The Fort or anywhere else?
The Fort has 500 or more players, I know 10% of them, so at least one of the other 450+ if he or she does not really know me or for whatever reason does not like me should post that my videos are a set up.

I should add that I have been involved with video production for 25 years, so I kinda know what I am doing, the Airsoft videos are just filmed for my six year old son, so he can see what I get up too on a Sunday. My line of work in video was Covert filming and music industry, if you a metal rock collector then there is every chance that you have DVDs I was involved with.

Last edited by scoutthedoggie on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/scoutthedoggie
Admin
Admin
Admin

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:17 am

scoutthedoggie wrote:
Seabass_9000 wrote:
In my opinion, all the different camera angles kind of throw up a big ol, "setup" flag. Seriously, if you saw a bunch of camera men all in one area, don't you think you would know there is somebody in the middle of them?

Bunch of camera men? I work alone, I more often wear more camo than the players, here is a link too the fourm for the site that the video was filmed at.

Yeah, I actually knew it wasn't any more than one cameraman. That becomes obvious if you start watching all of his videos. He has MANY available on Youtube.com. Might I also add, very glad to have you here Scoutthedoggie. I've admired your camera work for a long time - you catch the premise of airsoft in every one of them. Thanks for sharing all the videos online for us to watch.

I know Seabass just assumed there were several cameramen simply because most places like those featured in your video have several cameramen located throughout the field to make sure all the action is caught on tape. In fact, every single event I've been to has had many people recording the action all over the field. So I guess that it'd be assumed that judging by the quality of your videos, there was more than one person filming. However, in this case, it really was just you.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong Scoutthedoggie, but it seems as though you'll take footage from a single game, and then crop a few of the scenes to make it appear as if two (or more) opponents are fighting each other at that very moment, when indeed they were actually fighting other people during the actual battle, you just obviously weren't able to get both perspectives/angles from both sides in a single fight. Man that sounds confusing - does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
scoutthedoggie
Private
Private
scoutthedoggie

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:47 am

[quote="Admin Also, and correct me if I'm wrong Scoutthedoggie, but it seems as though you'll take footage from a single game, and then crop a few of the scenes to make it appear as if two (or more) opponents are fighting each other at that very moment, when indeed they were actually fighting other people during the actual battle, you just obviously weren't able to get both perspectives/angles from both sides in a single fight. Man that sounds confusing - does that make sense?[/quote]

Admin
Thanks for your thoughts on the videos, I am pleased that you like them, I can understand how people may think one or two are faked, but I have so far faked not a single one, by chance though last week I was asked by a site owner to fake some footage, but I am not keen too do this and have not agreed to do it.
Your totally correct on the way the videos are put together and it does get confusing scratch , during editing my head is spinning trying to keep track of the scenes.
Games at all sites here in Scotland run for 30-45 minutes, we play the odd three hour game which is more of a mil sim than anything else and each video is a simple trimmed down version of one game not mixed up bits from all the games, players at the sites would notice and comment about this mix up on all the forums and video comments sections.
Videos run for 3,4,5, minutes simply because my son gets kinda bored with them if they run any longer.
On the sniper video that was the subject here, the guys seen being shot throughout were in fact shot at the start of that game, I was in their team, I got hit first, so it was gun down and camera out, I soon filmed a few more guys getting shot and then went over too the other team too see just who was taking out all my guys. I then filmed the sniper (Isaac) and a few of his guys for about five minutes, edited out a few seconds here n there as I changed filming position and edited back in his early hits of my team, so he really did get those guys but just not at the points seen in the video. With most of the videos it just a case of reviewing the footage, give it some careful thought, then spend two hours on edits etc, a few videos have no edits whatsoever as they were good intense games.
I like your forums so I will direct more people your way when people ask where they can get more Airsoft information as they do every day over and over again Smile and I will be back here most days lurking in some forum topic.
Take care
John
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:03 pm

scoutthedoggie wrote:
I like your forums so I will direct more people your way when people ask where they can get more Airsoft information as they do every day over and over again Smile and I will be back here most days lurking in some forum topic.
Take care
John

I appreciate the thought John (much easier to type than "Scoutthedoggie" every time Wink ). I can tell you spent a good deal of time on each video. I'm sure they've been very encouraging for many upcoming and current airsofter players - including your son. I think it's great you involve him in your hobby so much.

I would love it if you would send any airsofters our way. We're still a small community, but we're growing every day and have a great base of members. And with a smaller community you also get more personalized responses to questions and people tend to be a little more friendly (nothing against larger communities, as I'm part of those as well). On top of that I have a great "staff" of airsofters moderating the forum for me, which reduces politics, drama, and all those things no-one really enjoys in an airsoft forum. Anyway, I don't mean to be a commercial, I just wanted you to know what kind of a forum this is. Take care and I look forward to having you and your knowledge on the forum.

Ryan
(Admin)
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:48 pm

nice videos... as i stated above I like your videos... keep them coming Smile
Back to top Go down
scoutthedoggie
Private
Private
scoutthedoggie

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Roamer wrote:

Roamer
Thanks sir, glad too read that you too like the videos, I will be filming many more this year, infact on Sunday 13th I will be filming at POW Airsoft and one of the guys is bringing along a very rare Shoei MG42, so its worth keeping an eye on the website just too see that gun in action.
take care

John
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:12 pm

i've watched every single video of yours on youtube, and i can't get enough of them. You're a great camera man, and keep making those videos! Tell your camera that i'm sorry he/she/it got hit so many times on the battlefield. Keep them coming!

ard
(alex)
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Yeah, John is the reason I found this forum, because of his link to it on Youtube. He is a very famous airsofter, And I am positive he has never faked a game. This is no setup. Try watching some his other videos on Youtube, his new ones he just put up are simply awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:30 am

Yeah scout you got good vids i saw the link for the forums on your youtube. So i made joined. It is great and i thank you!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:16 am

I have to thank scoutthedoggie if it wasn't for his videos I would have never got into this highly addictive fun game.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:08 am

Ya great videos, there what got me into airsoft. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SnOWWoLF
Private
Private
SnOWWoLF

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Roamer wrote:

I totally aggree with roamer, I have seen most of your videos they are absolutely GREAT!!!!
don't you make them for your son?
PS soooooo not fake
Back to top Go down
Jax
Corporal
Corporal
Jax

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:52 pm

His videos really make me appreciate the sport and how grand it can be at its best.
Back to top Go down
scoutthedoggie
Private
Private
scoutthedoggie

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:35 pm

SnOWWolf, Jax, I am surprised this thread is still being viewed, anyway I appreciate your comments and I am glad you guys like the videos,
hopefully one day some of you guys will make it over to POW which is the main site I film at and you can see first hand that I always work alone.
As the videos get more and more popular the subject of faking the videos to make a mini movie still raises its head on site with a good few guys over and over again but I really don't like the idea of this at all and its something I will never be doing.
A company who make Airsoft products also recently asked me to make a video promoting their products, I agreed and told them to just send me a crate of gear all of which I would give out to players at POW for nothing, free, gratis and film a game showing the products as it happened IE no acting and no faking, but they wanted a script and story line ideas, the video for them never happened, so even when I am offered a bribe to fake it I still don't.
With luck in 2010 I will make it over the the states for some filming at sites so maybe I will catch up with some of you guys and you can meet my film crew, which is me and my shadow.
BTW I am still promoting this forum, I get many emailed every day asking for advice and I send out a list of links to retailers and forums all over the world, AirsoftAllies is still on there and hopefully I still pull in more people for you.
John AKA Scoutthedoggie

SnOWWoLF wrote:
Roamer wrote:

I totally aggree with roamer, I have seen most of your videos they are absolutely GREAT!!!!
don't you make them for your son?
PS soooooo not fake
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:40 pm

SCOUTTHEDOGGIE! omg its actually you! i love your videos! almost everyone here loves em, including roamer, snowwolf, jaz, inferno350z, and i, including others who i don't know right now. keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fake??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fake???   fake??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fake???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next