Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Worst forum ever!

Go down 
+6
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Lone Wolf
aveenvp
Jax
HoboBob
Spl. Durkee
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:00 am

Ok, so I want to inform the airsoft community of this:
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/

DO NOT JOIN THIS FORUM!
I was a member before I joined Airsoft Allies and the moderators and administrators are CORRUPT. I was banned from the site simply because I contradicted one of the moderators in a thread. He said that spring pistols were useless to airsofters and of course I contradicted him by saying that they have good purpose as backups and are the best way for new players to get a feel for the game. The next day, he sent me an email saying that he terminated my account because of "my lack of respect for the forum operators". I have heard from many friends and teamates of abuse by the forum and many have been suspended and banned for minor infractions. They even gave out my personal information, including my real name, age, email address, and somehow tracked down my home address. Spam and "identity stealing" groups have crashed my online mail server and wiped part of my hard-drive since I was banned. I blame it solely on Airsoft Retreat because It was the only online group that I frequented at the time.

Even if they weren't the ones responsible for the "hacking", Airsoft Retreat is a lawless forum that gives moderators WAY to much power. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time on it.

AIRSOFT ALLIES FOREVER!
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:46 am

I only go there for the classifieds. The actual forum section of the website has like 20,000 members and its too crowded. They also do lock like every thread on there so it gets annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
Jax
Corporal
Corporal
Jax

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:24 am

Somehow this reminds me of Braveheart.....
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:26 am

well, regardless, there need to be less forums like that. It doesnt look well organised, and it is overcrowded. Just glad that you are on this forum instead.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:33 am

The email bombing and drive wipe are separate. If you have a server and they are bombing it, then that is considered a DDoS attack. So before you do anything else, I highly recommend you fix your computer. You may even want to wipe the entire drive yourself. As for your email. It depends on how many emails they told the bot to send, or it could be completely automated sending you a unlimited number for a unlimited 'subscription' period. You may want to make a new email account as well if it is on any free platform like yahoo, gmail, hotmail, or AIM.

Now I thought the mods at ASR were supposed to be more mature than that. Send a email to the admin personally so he can take care of matters, also getting a screen shot of said thread would help. Try to clear things up with him, maybe you can get said mod banned.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:02 pm

Wow thats like a forum I used to go where you couldent even say anything bad about a certain game. Its was an Xbox360 forum and said to somebody that a game was really laggy and not worth the money. The next day I found out I had gotten banned and there was no explanation why. Thanks for informing us about this now I know not to waste my time on that forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Ya overcrowded and corrupted leadership is the problem. And thanks for the info Lone Wolf, I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:04 pm

don't worry, every one thinks that people on ASR are noobs anyways.... Very Happy

Besides look at the bright side, you can now sue the forum because they gave out your personal info! Hooray money! Plus now you have joined the kool kids over here at AA!

sticks
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:09 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
don't worry, every one thinks that people on ASR are noobs anyways.... Very Happy

Besides look at the bright side, you can now sue the forum because they gave out your personal info! Hooray money! Plus now you have joined the kool kids over here at AA!

sticks

Airsoft Money!! TM's for everyone!
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:11 pm

HAHA YEAH! I was thinking the same thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:27 pm

Haha, yea if you could get proof. But im pretty sure I know people who could get that evidence for you since I noticed several vulnerabilities on ASR. Thats the easy part, getting the evidence from the mod responsible is the hard part because you need the PC log of the programs and sites he had opened at the time w/ keystrokes to confirm use.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:38 pm

That is sweet!
Getting money from them haha.
You should do it man, since they gave out where you live, and spams you.
Maybe you can get enough to afford that rifle.
Back to top Go down
madwolf24
Private
Private
madwolf24

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Well, you're here now and thats all that matters!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Such a Canadian answer Madwolf tongue PEACE ON EARTH, EH?
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:01 am

HAHA
Okay Spl. Durkee, lets not get a bit racial.
Back to top Go down
madwolf24
Private
Private
madwolf24

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 am

W/E

I AM CANADIAN EH!

"EH" is now to be used by only Canadians eh!

Just Kiddin Smile
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:04 am

Haha okay. I wont use EH unless I turn canadian.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 am

haha naw Its all cool. I find myself saying "eh" all the time. Sometimes when I talk I have a random irish accent. its wierd.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah same here. When I yell, I always impersonate my voice to become some mad rock star,
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:41 pm

i talk with a mixed scottish english(from england) accent and yes they are diffrent
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:21 am

but are you scottish at all?
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Im part Russian and French I think. But I consider myself to be ALL AMERICAN!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Sometime i get a British accent...Its weird
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Wow this got really off topic hahah
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Thats because the forum is so bad we can't keep our train of thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worst forum ever! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst forum ever!   Worst forum ever! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst forum ever!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next