Share | 

Cenasbiggest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cenasbiggest
Private
Private

PostSubject: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 am

I'm Cenasbiggest. Just started playing airsoft about a year ago and am still using a Super 9 spring and im looking into buying a new Echo 1 M14 or G36C. I live in Rhode island. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:10 am

Welcome to our forum. Ya you should definitely get a new gun. As you have probably noticed the super 9 isn't very good. The only Echo 1 M14 I know of is the EBR *and the socom* and it is full metal and pretty expensive for a starter AEG (220 dollars). If you like the looks and have the money get it. You would like a full metal gun more. But the Echo 1 G36C shoots well and is pretty sturdy. The only thing on the G36 is that the battery compartment is pretty tiny and getting the battery in takes practice.

PS: How do you pronounce your name?

Last edited by Fox13 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I am a retarded noob)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:27 am

Welcome to the forums Cenasbiggest! Actually the Super 9 isn't a bad starter rifle, but as Fox mentioned, an Echo 1 would be a great improvement Wink Also, there are two M14s Echo 1 offers - M14 RIS & M14 Socom. The Socom is $160, so not quite as bad as the RIS version Smile Either way, glad you're here!

Admin

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Cenasbiggest
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:27 am

Quote :
P.S. How do you pronounce your name
It's pronounced Cenas-Biggest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cenasbiggest
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:32 am

You pronounce it Cenas-Biggest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:12 am

Ohhh wow. I pulled a Noob just now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cenasbiggest
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:34 am

Sorry about the double post. I should have made my name with a space shouldn't I?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkoerber
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:45 am

I would rec amend an M14. i have a spring M14 and it is mostly metal. i had a G36 and i did not care for it and is crappy with a low F.P.S. i got my M14 From www.hotspotairsoft.com/hsastore and i think that you would like that more than the G36. another thing is that the M14 is more accurate that my VSR-10 but only shoots about 130 Ft. so if you want a good sniper you could also get a VSR-10. i got mine from www.airsplat.com

piece out Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roamer
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:59 pm

welcome, I own the Echo 1 36C... you really can't go wrong, its awesome. If you are a sniper I would stick with the M14 for know as it fits your role much much better. Although the 36C has some reach, the M14 is naturally going to be a little better for those engagements Smile Either way, you can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:23 am

I have to disagree with just about everyone that has posted... since I own the Echo 1 M14, I can give you some good advice.

The M14 gearbox is a pain to work on first off, as you have to disassemble all kinds of stuff that is attached directly to it. While I can now take it apart and put it back together in about 30-40 minutes, it still sucks to work on.
The other downside to the M14 is that it cant use a bore up kit, which would allow you to get higher fps.
The Echo 1 version isnt built to withstand more than probably 400fps... which it turns out after putting a M140 and then a M150 spring in it that you will most likely not reach anyways. Even with every supporting mod you can think of.

I would go with a G36c over the M14 any day of the week and if you desire more of a rifle after purchasing it, save up and get a long foregrip to convert it into a G36k or G36. I recently did this to my CA36c and really like the feel.
If you put a mock surpressor on the G36c that is 200mm long, you can put an AK length barrel (455mm) in it, which is longer than the stock M14 SOCOM barrel, and get some good performance out of it. You wont even have to cut down the barrel, it will be just about flush with the end of the silencer.

Anyways, thank you for joining our forum and hope you find it very informative.

Plus several others...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cenasbiggest   

Back to top Go down

Cenasbiggest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: