Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Airsoft Mortar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 pm

The epic tales are true! Not sure how affective they are but they ARE out their, once i find the video i'll post it in the pics/vids thread
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm

don't you have somewhere to go besides making my computer beep every 5 second lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Why does it beep?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 pm

I make those for local mil-sim events. The ones I currently make use green gas and rubber tipped "flagger" projectiles (if you're within a few yards of impact you're out). I'm actually just starting to try and use compressed air, like from a paintball tank or something. Anyone have any information on that? I'd use baking soda and vinegar filled waterbottles as projectiles. It wouldnt be a killing unit, but it's meant to be a blast simulator.
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:35 pm

Yeah we make the vinegar grenades
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:36 pm

But does anyone know anything about compressed air propulsion? Like could I use a normal paintball tank...and if so how would I get it to expell the right amount of air?
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Hmm interesting
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Heres my idea about some sort of compressed air...
Buy a large (about 10 lbs) electric air pump, and hook it up (just like a bike wheel) to your mortor. Figure out a way to make it run off of a bike wheel and use that! It never runs out of air and you just have to have one mmire person carryit (depending on the size it's not that heavy)
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Ya I'm gunna buy a compressed air mortar off of the boys down at Milsim Labs for $80 or so. Then I'll reverse engineer it, figure out how to incorporate a continuous pressure system, then resell my own designs.
Back to top Go down
Black_Dragons
Corporal
Corporal
Black_Dragons

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:09 pm

why not buy the 40mm gas grenades that go in the underslung launchers and have a pin at the bottom of the motor tube so when you drop the grenade in if fires of?

but then you have the problem of gettin the grenade out but its the quickest way of making it and you can buy some 40mm that fires anything out of a tube.

just a tought though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airsoft Mortar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Mortar   Airsoft Mortar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Mortar
Page 1 of 1