Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Ghille Wrap for your rifle

Go down 
+4
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Tank
Frank27
inferno350z
8 posters
AuthorMessage
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

Ghille Wrap for your rifle Empty
PostSubject: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:04 pm

I am going to have a ghille suit but I was just wondering if a ghille wrap is really necesary for staying well hidden.
Back to top Go down
Frank27
Private
Private
Frank27

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:15 pm

yes

the most noticeable thing can be the gun and the scope.

make it blend perfectly with your ghillie and i recommend putting extra moss/leaves/grass (whatever) infront of your bolt so people wont see your hand moving as you pull back the bolt

https://www.bushrag.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=87&PHPSESSID=d968f980eace468361b710efa253ee8f
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:10 pm

You can make some of your own like my friend did ( Hobobob )
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:51 pm

I think somebody on this forum did this but what you can do if you want to save money get some rubber bands then go out into the woods and grab some leaves then rubber band them aroud your rifle. It would work pretty well becuase it would be natural camo and its free!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:34 pm

wow i actually like that idea but ill proably use something other than rubber bands.
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Zip ties would also work. Somebody on this thread did this to there gun and it turned out looking really good. I can't find that thread if I do i'll give you the link to it.
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:18 pm

i have layed on top of my gun before and pulled my side arm when they get close
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:55 pm

you don't want to use zip ties unless maybe if they're used as a base. Rubber bands are better because they're less permanent allowing you to switch up your camouflage as you go some thing real snipers do. Next time your about to play take a small bundle of grass and rubber banding it in your scope end (not where you look in) This gets rid of the BLACK HOLE problem. pure black is never appears in nature and anyone smart enough will look for the BLACK HOLE of your scope this prevents detection. Hope this helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:04 pm

thanks for the info i wonder if they make camo rubber bands scratch
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:17 pm

If your useing rubber bands which are already brown and your going to cover your rifle in leaves your not going to notice the rubber bands. Unless you use green leaves but the brown rubber band really wont make that much of a difference. I would use the rubber band its the easiest way and the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:55 pm

yeah, dude i would do wat Jackofalltrades said, it sounds good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank27
Private
Private
Frank27

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:23 pm

has anyone ever used the little mesh scope covers for their scopes?

wondering if they worked well
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:24 pm

i have
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Frank27 wrote:
has anyone ever used the little mesh scope covers for their scopes?

wondering if they worked well

Ive seen people use mesh covers over there scope before but I think that the mesh would get in the way of the cross hairs. If your looking for some any hobby store should have some in stock.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Yeah I would think the same thing . Instead try using a birds nest . My buddy who is a complete Marine Buff told me about it . Take pine straw and wad it up a good bit and then olace it around the whole inside of your scope and then leave a whole hole for the sites to be able to be seen for .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghille Wrap for your rifle   Ghille Wrap for your rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghille Wrap for your rifle
Page 1 of 1