Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...

Go down 
+25
souljahnyne
paulxavier
TheOneNamedMike
inferno350z
sniperairsofthelp
Spl. Durkee
sniper_32
kkoerber
rat_12_boy
makyong
killyouno5
got ambushed?
Jman
TheJim
sickdog
house119
March_ARB
USMC-HENDLER
L96-Sniper
Tater
Roamer
sticks.13
Admin
Fox13
Seabass_9000
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Empty
PostSubject: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:19 pm

So A lot of people on the forum are interested in the Bar 10 because they have heard of the easy mods that can be done to improve the FPS. I decided to make a tutorial for those thinking of purchasing one just because of this...

First, I just wanted to state upfront that if you try this and your gun is broke afterwards, it is not in any way my fault that you suck... mine works fine after I did it. Very Happy

Second, prior to mods, my stock JG Bar 10 G-Spec (shorter barrel with mock surpressor) shot .20 BB's at 342 FPS. After mods, it is shooting right at 450 FPS... Stormtrupr can attest to its accuracy and range as he played a few rounds with it at our last practice.

Third, results may vary depending on several factors, which include inner barrel length (G-Spec model being shorter has lower velocity like mine), where you cut air brake, how much teflon tape you use, etc...

DISASSEMBLY:

STEP 1
The Bar 10 breaks down quite easily. The first step is to locate the three screws on the bottom of the gun that basically hold it together. Kind of looks like this:
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof20]

STEP 2
After taking out the screws the barrel / receiver should come apart from the stock. You will no longer need the stock so just set it aside. Now you are looking at the receiver, which should look like this:
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof21]

STEP 3
Next you will need to remove this pin, BUT before you do that make sure you take the trigger guard off as you may break it when pushing the pin out:
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof22]

*The best way to do this is get a regular screw driver and push it out.

STEP 4
At this point you can now pull the cylinder out of the receiver.
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof23]

STEP 5
Now we are going to open up the cylinder. Do not be afraid... its not an AEG mechbox. Very Happy
*On the Bar 10 there is a very nice and easy way to take the cylinder head off, it simply screws in and out (I know, what a concept right?). To make it even easier, there is a nice indent on the cylinder head that will allow you to get an allen wrench or screwdriver in to unscrew it.
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof24]

THE AIR-BRAKE MOD cheers WARNING: This will make your replica louder!!!!
STEP 1
Pull the piston out of the cylinder.
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof25]

STEP 2
Time for the air brake to meet a hacksaw...
BEFORE:
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof26]
AFTER:
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof27]
*NOTE - Make sure you sand down the air brake where you just hacked it off. Most likely there will be some rough edges otherwise.

As you can see, the air-brake mod takes about 30 seconds once you get into the cylinder. Very Happy Not bad for probably an extra 60-90 FPS.

*While you have the piston out of the cylinder, you may notice that the O-ring isnt all that tight of a fit and you dont have a "full" seal inside of the cylinder. This is common on the Bar 10's. I would recommend taking the piston to a hardware store and find some different O-rings that may create a tighter fit -OR- you could also wrap a little teflon tape around the piston right at the O-ring and that may also produce a tighter fit.

THE TEFLON MOD:
This is pretty simple, there are different variations of it... I didnt get real carried away. First, I wrapped a little bit around the cylinder threads before putting it back together just to make sure I was getting a good seal at that location. Second, I wrapped a little bit around the tip of the cylinder's air nozzle... this will insure that all the air coming out of the air nozzle is propelling the BB forward and not escaping around the back of the chamber. Sorry I didnt take pictures of it, as it seems people do different things with the teflon mod... it is really up to you to decide. I would imagine these mods were good for maybe 10-30 FPS, however I didnt test prior to doing them since I did both the Air-brake and Teflon mod at the same time.

REASSEMBLY
Basically follow the steps listed above backwards and it you will have it back together in no time.

G-SPEC FUNCTIONAL SURPRESSOR: NOTE: THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO WORK ON A REAL FIREARM... DO NOT TRY IT!!!
After doing the Air-brake mod you will now have a replica that is easily twice as loud. To lower this noise, I went back to my early paintball days and I came up with an easy solution. The following steps WILL decrease the volume substantially. Ask the Juggernauts... it works. *I will try to get some sort of audio file on here sometime just to prove it, but I have no idea of how to do that right now.

STEP 1
Take the Surpressor off the replica and unscrew the threaded side. There should be a tube inside the surpressor that has holes all over it, but there is some sort of insert that covers the holes from actually venting any air through them. As a result the air goes out the end of the surpressor making the volume about the same as not having the surpressor on at all.
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof28]

STEP 2
Get a drill bit that fits just about perfect in the holes on the tube that was in the surpressor. Kinda obvious, but you drill out all the holes on the tube. MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL THE DEBRIS OUT OF THE INSIDE OF TUBE BEFORE USING!!!!
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof29]

STEP 3
Find something to dampen the sound... I had another mock surpressor that came with some foam rings in it. They did the job for me, however, other materials that may work would be stereo insulation, cotton, etc...
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof30]

STEP 4
Wrap the tube with dampening material.
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof31]

STEP 5
Put it together and then test... you should notice that the main noise you are hearing is coming from the internals of the gun and not out the end of the barrel like it was prior to this mod.
[url=JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Airsof32]

Hopefully you find that helpful and encouraging if you were scared to attempt it on your Bar 10. It really is quite simple and pretty straight forward. If you have any question about it, feel free to private message me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:58 am

Wow great guide. Very easy to understand and good pics. I vote for sticky.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 2:05 pm

I am glad you liked the tutorial. I did think of something I need to add in the reassembly section.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Great post Seabass. I'm sure this post will be linked to many times in the future as a good guide to use. Great use of pictures. I'll make sure to direct users of TASS to it for upgrades on the Bar-10. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 3:42 pm

i vote stikki!!!!!

anyone else?

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:03 pm

yeah, got to say stikki with... sticks lol
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Tater
Private
Private
Tater

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:38 am

if you put a srtonger spring in thatgun how much more fps would you get?? and how much do i have to worry about something braking??
P.S i have one like it but its a clone but made the same..
Back to top Go down
L96-Sniper
Private
Private
L96-Sniper

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:14 pm

when u cut that thing what does that do? and can i do that to my WELL L96?
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:27 am

This is going to be VERY helpful for when i get my JG BAR 10 thanks alot, but i also heard you can stick cotton or some kind of dampening material on one side of the trigger. I was trying to watch a youtube video on it but it wasn't not the best video, so i was wondering if you guys knew anything about it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Hendler05
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:28 am

Also before i forget do you pack as much cotton that can fit or how much is enough?
Back to top Go down
Tater
Private
Private
Tater

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:00 pm

great job with the mod it was very easy to follow and the pics. helped....second if you have a clone of a VSR-10 this will not work the air brake is not the same in all models i went to try it on mine and it wasn't the same...just a warning to those who have clones it may not work
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:05 am

Alright so i have a question how do you know what bipod will fit this gun? Any suggestions on what bipods to get?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:11 am

i think there is a small RIS rail at the front of the gun that yo can attack any RIS compatible Bi-Pod too. dpending on which site you order frm it might some with a bi-pod.

sticks
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 am

Alright so just look for a bipod that can connect to a RIS rail?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Yes. It should look like a bipod with a block at the top, there should also be a thumb screw on the block.

sticks
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:18 am

Can you post a pick of the silencer on the gun?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:17 pm

I just ordered my JG BAR 10 and i can't wait to do all of these mods this page is so helpful, but i was also wondering around how much is everyone paying for their bipods?
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:13 am

honestly man i would just get a real harris bipod for a real fire arm... I had one for my real AR-15 and now its on my model 700 *cough* really an M-24 now *cough* but im just gonna get a real harris one i think.
Back to top Go down
house119
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:14 am

Seabass_9000 wrote:

Now we are going to open up the cylinder. Do not be afraid... its not an AEG mechbox. Very Happy
*On the Bar 10 there is a very nice and easy way to take the cylinder head off, it simply screws in and out (I know, what a concept right?). To make it even easier, there is a nice indent on the cylinder head that will allow you to get an allen wrench or screwdriver in to unscrew it.

I can't seem to get my cylinder open, i have tried to unscrew it and all i end up doing is bending the brass, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:47 am

house119 wrote:
Seabass_9000 wrote:

I can't seem to get my cylinder open, i have tried to unscrew it and all i end up doing is bending the brass, any ideas?

Just don't damage, look in your manual if you can. I usually youtube it.
Back to top Go down
house119
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:30 am

thank you i will try u tube then!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:22 am

yeah just browse around, thats what i do and i usually come up with good stuff
Back to top Go down
sickdog
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Can i do this on the Gspec version?
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:15 pm

The silencer thing is clever but these mods are no substitute for Laylaxing the "Watch your language" out of your gun Razz
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:18 pm

for my bat then it is hard to get the stock and the barrle to fit togeathere and it snaps very load when it goes in to place shoud it do the
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...   JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JG Bar 10 FREE MODS tutorial with pics...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next