Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Do gas blow-backs jam easily?

Go down 
+3
Spl. Durkee
Lone Wolf
BullettheBlueSkky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Empty
PostSubject: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:01 pm

My friends tell me not to get a gas blow-back, because they said they jam too easily. Now, I was wondering, is it the manufacturer or model that jams too much, or is it gas blow-backs in general. It'd be good to know...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:03 pm

No, your friend is probably using a POS mag or gun. (especially if it is the 2 tone crossman)

Here are brands I reccomend
HFC
Maruzen
KWA (find used glocks...or build it by buying the upper and lower receiver separate *goes together like the real one*)
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Do CO2 blow-backs jam easier? Because I would perfer a Co2 one (because if i needed co2 i could go to Dick's and buy a 20 pack of cartriges rather than order green gas and wait for days or weeks).
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:09 pm

C02 is green gas...
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:12 pm

what? i thought there was a difference. so, i could get a co2 cartrige and fill up a green gas gun and it would work fine?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Quote :
C02 is green gas...
Uh...no...
Green gas = Propane and silicon mix
C02 = Carbon Dioxide gas
Completely different.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Im wrong sorry.

As for green gas, you don't need to get a tube. Just get a adaptor for the bulk propane grill or stove canister and fill tubes you have from that.
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:16 pm

ah. so, which is a better blow-back?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Blowbacks are less reliable and less efficient than non-blowbacks, but they are more realistic. It's really a matter of preference.
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:22 pm

ok. see, that's what i needed to know.
so, if i did get a green gas pistol, how much green gas would i need?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:25 pm

enough...lol

Well it takes a 3-4 second period to fill the mag for about 40 shots, and each canister should hold about 12 seconds worth of gas. So you can get 3 full mags in with a single tube pending on the tube's size. Look at the release rate of the tube and calculate the loading duration.
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:12 pm

ok. but let's say i get a blowback and it jams, then what do i do?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:25 pm

Work the slide and the jam will be gone, just as in a real firearm.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Yeah but i have the same problem and it hasn't worked still!
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Yeah but unlike a real guns jam s don't mean the difference between a good and bad life just a good or bad day . But also be careful blowback does mean that the gun is more prone to catching dust and dirt inside of the slide .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:25 pm

so, all in all, if you want a efficent pistol that doesn't jam, don't get a blowback?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Nope, I have a very efficient pistol, its only jammed once in 2 years. It was my fault too! I was shooting a really low mag and trying to reload at the same time(reason why you guys should get a second mag), and I accidentally didn't load one of the rounds correctly, so it double fed and jammed the slide. It was no bid deal I just worked the slide and the gun was fine....

Basically if you don't load your mags like a crack head you should be fine with a GBB pistol. I have already thrown my trusted brands out there, so I'm not gonna list them again but I believe I said something in one of your other threads.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah they are pretty good to be used . Although from what I hear Gas Blow Backs are less accurate but theres really probally nothing to that just a thing I heared somewhere . Yeah I would deffinately go with a Gas Blow Back if I were you because they are realistic look good and are pretty reliable if you just take care of it the right and proper ways thats all . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:55 pm

i don't think so
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do gas blow-backs jam easily?   Do gas blow-backs jam easily? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do gas blow-backs jam easily?
Page 1 of 1