Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Useless topics

Go down 
+5
slob212
sticks.13
Alabama_Sniper
Spl. Durkee
sambam2011
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:55 pm

So when i have been getting on the forum lately, I have noticed abunch of useless topics,
In the Rules Sticky, it straight up says that this forum is made to cut above the clutter of a normal airsoft forum...
I know its not my place to worry about this but i think that itd be better for everyone on the forums if this was alil more cracked down on, Such as topics were the author writes 2 words about what hes or she is talking about leaving the topic with no purpose at all...
Thanks
Sambam
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:27 pm

I don''t mean to undermine you, but this subject has been hit a few times.
If people are going to change their ways, they would've already.

In the end, we need to just rely on people to report useless threads to the administration.
Theres nothing we can do to stop it really. Etiquette and productivity is in a downward spiral in AA, but you can change it by helping the moderators and reminding others to watch themselves.

Lead by example

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
-Gandhi

UPDATE:
Sorry guys I haven''t been on alot lately. My computer is being a...well...I can''t say that on this forum. I'll be back to my hardcore user self in about a week.
The Post Nazi will return!!!! heheheh
Later guys

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Tue May 12, 2009 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Well Spl. Durkee you are right . Most of the users who are doing this either don''t realise that they are doing it or just don''t care . Which ever it is I agree it is cluttering up the forums and it shouldnt be tolerated . Most of the people who do this have recieved multiple warnings but just continue to do it anyway . Again like Spl. Durkee said it is just our responsibity to report these topics and threads to the forum Administrators and the forum Moderators . If you don''t want to see it happening on the forums then point it out and private message the person to get them to know that they are doing wrong and if the problem persist point it out to the moderators . don''t be rude but just be persistant and all of the while also be gentle and nice . We don''t want a bunch of bullies on the forum and we don''t want a bunch of useless posts but there is a way to get rid of them both . Just be nice with the person who is doing this and be pacient and eventually they will change there ways eventually if they don''t then warn them that if they don''t then you will report them . Still be nice but just get sterner as you go along . Start out nice but just get sterner and sterner as you go along and if they don''t change then just report them . You have done all that you can do . But again just remeber to be nice and polite and also pacient .

Thank you Spl. Durkee and Sam Bam for your imputt oon the matter . Thank You .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
sticks.13

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Ive been trying to crack down on this but it is getting difficult. Reading every single thread every single day takes about 2 hours of time. Thats if I only check the most recent post. I have tried to crack down on the useless topics in every area but the off topic section, which I cannot really mod as heavily as the others. Basically there are few to no rules in the off topic section, so I cannot lock or deleted most of the threads that may be stupid or pointless..... So if it seems that I am not doing my job, you may be right Laughing, I cannot comment for Slob though.... It will be better once I get this last quarter of school out of the way though.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:13 am

Some Members have already come to realize that things are changing inside of the Forum.

Like sticks said, it is immensely time consuming to go through each and every Thread, Topic, New Post, but we are doing the best we can.

I have suggested before if you happen to find a topic Offensive, Useless, or just plain outright Dumb, send either Sticks, Seebass, or myself a PM, if we agree then action will be taken.

Open Forum Topic areas have limited Rules, so it is hard to justify a Delete, or Lock, unless there is a blatant Forum Rule Violation, ie.Language, Insults, Stupidity, Double Post ( New Name....Same Topic ).

I have Posted Warning inside of Threads, and sent PMīs to offending Members, some have heeded the warnings, others have not, either way they have seen and experienced the results.

Membership has jumped immensely in the last couple of months, and I have my suspicions that most have not taken the time to Read the Forum Rules, and the different Subject area rules, until that happens there will be new threads that are posted in the wrong areas, useless topics, and a lot of frustration for all members involved.

Please feel free to PM me with any problems, suggestions or complaints that you may have inside the Forum that you have, If I can help I will, if not I will tell you who can.

To the members that have already taken the time and intrest to see the Forum inprove and become easier to follow, I thank you for the assistance and motivation that you demonstrated, Please Keep up the Good Work, to those that continue to buck the rules Twisted Evil we will be talking more !!
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:33 pm

I would just like to point out that THIS topic is almost a duplicate of "posting for rank"

The things that would be required to fix this problem as the same things that would be required to fix that problem. Making THIS topic a Pointless topic. I personally suggest someone close it, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
slob212
slob212

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:28 pm

@AFU,

In principle I agree with you, except that here the MODS are pretty clearly stating that Member help is asked for, and required in order to keep thing on an even keel.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Yeah the only way that we will be able to crack down rank posting double posting and other rule violations is to band together and point out the errors pm the moderators and try our very best not to violate the rules . We may never be able to completely get rid of this problem but we can deffinately keep it from becoming as big of a problem as it has been in the past months .

Also AFU if you will notice the rank posting thread was closed because of forum violations so yes this is an almost exact copy of that thread although there are some differences . Also Posting for Rank was about solutions to the problem as this one is just merely discussing the problem .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Hey, Im all for helping to make the forum better but im not going to rat on people for a minor violation. Im not going to tell on a new member that made a simple mistake of a double post although I will inform him of the edit button and that people don''t like it on this forum when people double post. I will help the Mods with a bigger violation as in several double posts and multiple ocations of "rank posting". Useless topics I can agree are annoying and unneeded but even if they are useless I try and help that person out........ I mean isen't that what this forum is about helping people with airsoft questions no matter how stupid they are?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
anakin1293
Private
Private

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:06 am

STORM, i have to agree with you, we should help out the new members, but some people keep on doing things and to my understanding this is what it is about, the people who are doing it again and again. The newer members just need to be told, but the repeat offenders and the long time members need some re-enforcement of these points. The questions need to have some merit to them, but you are right, we are about helping people with the simple and sometimes stupid questions.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:37 pm

AFU wrote:
I would just like to point out that THIS topic is almost a duplicate of "posting for rank"

The things that would be required to fix this problem as the same things that would be required to fix that problem. Making THIS topic a Pointless topic. I personally suggest someone close it, but that's just my opinion.

Except this IS the feedback/complaint section....and I completely agree with Sambam. I am very glad to see somebody made a post on it, good job man. I am finding myself visiting less and less because when I log on I often find nothing but useless posts that don't or hardly concern airsoft, or have been mentioned numerous times. Sticks, I hear you, It must be hard with how many there are lately. Slob AND Sticks, please don't take it in any way that I am telling you how to do your job, but I think we need to stop these posts at the SOURCE: the members. Everybody has a pointless post now and again, for a little laugh or comment. But I think we all know who is abusing that and posting almost nothing but garbage, and they need to be taken care of. I will not name names because it simply isn't my buisiness OR my job, but like I said, I think we can all tell who those users are.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

Useless topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useless topics   Useless topics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Useless topics
Page 1 of 1