Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Warning re: H&K

Go down 
+6
sticks.13
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
slob212
Lone Wolf
MetallicAirsoft
Zane
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Zane
Major
Major

Warning re: H&K Empty
PostSubject: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:52 am

This is a warning for all you out there who ever plan on selling a gun or two. make SURE it does not resemble ANY of H&Ks weapons. I was contacted by their lawyers telling me it was illegal to sell my CA8-2 and further efforts to do so would result in consequences. So..yeah be careful eh.
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:11 pm

wow...why?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:47 pm

no just sell it elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:34 pm

If the Gun is an unlicensed reproduction, first the purchase was illegal, and attempting to re-sell it is also illegal, H&K is real hot right now going after the companies and sellers of unauthorized AS reproductions, this just happens to be one of the Dangers of doing business with shady or small clone companies.

The tactics that H&K are using, is going after the end user, due to the international trade laws between countries, H&K is having an incredibly hard time stopping the production of unauthorized reproductions out of some of the Eastern countries, so now they are setting their sights on the People that have these guns in their possession.
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:35 pm

I would sell it anyway to a friend or on craigslist to some nooby. Thats if I owned a gun thats based off a H&K rifle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Great now I guess it will be Armalites for me...... FUUUUUUU- Laughing

I seriously doubt they will be able to crack down on all the airsoft H&K users, I mean airsoft is bigger than paintball! I think this may just blow over when they realize how big it is.... I may be wrong though... Slob, has anything like this happened in the past (besides Cybergun suing stores that sold replicas with their trades)?

sticks
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:20 pm

AT Slob:

This gun was not bought form a small clone company this was bought from airsoft extreme. (AEX) Nothing on the site would have led me to belief that the purchase of this gun was illegal. And according to them (H&K) only one compay in the US is authorized to sell the CA 8-2 meaning AEX is probably a illegal company or many of the others who sell this gun. Iono im just mad that they removed it again lol it was at 500 when they took it of Sad. This time i didnt even call it a SL8 they got it becouse the picture looks like the real SL8...bah
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:31 pm

Yes, Glock just sued the crap out of KWA for unauthorized AS replicas of their products. However they never went after end user like HK.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:09 pm

They can pry my G36c out of my cold, dead, Oh crap, they can shoot me with a real g36 to get rid of my airsoft g36.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Well they are not going to be able to track down everyone legally. Because airsoft guns have no real registration, only the order in the store's logging system. Which is never given out to anyone outside of the store.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:01 am

Here is how it works,

Fictitious name,

ISG ( International Sport Guns ), Imports the AS Guns, they have the Appropriate licences to do international trade, Import/Export.

Other companies that do wholesale business with them are notified as to what they have on stock and what they can deliver.
The Import-Export Companies do not have to pay particular attention to the manufacturing Trademark laws, they are just importing and not selling to the End User.

So ISG imports, passes of the Imported goods to BBASG ( Billy Bob AirSoft Guns ), BBASG plays stupid and claims that they have no idea that any copyright or trademark laws have been broken when they sell the guns to the End User.

Slob buys himself a M41A from BBASG, is not happy with the performance and will sell it to the next interested person.

Well H&K knows that it is virtually impossible to touch either ISG or BBASG so they go after the End User, and most times with success, because you have been warned not to attempt a sale or resale of a counterfeit product. It is a bitter pill to swallow but right now H&K is breaking into the AS market with their own line of AS Guns, and they are trying to eliminate all the competition possible.

@sticks, other companies have done this in the past,
Colt, Israeli Arms, S&W, Glock, JP, Springfield Armory, just to name a few, and some very successfully.

@Zane you could always double check with AEX, find out if they have rights to sell the H&K reproductions, explain to them what is going on and you may be able to collect something in damages, if it was a Misleading or Illegal Sale.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Well Glock never went after competition because they never produced their own line of AS replicas.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:15 pm

H&K has just learned it is easier to get the little guy.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:46 pm

FIGHT THE POWER! i don''t see why they are so crazy about things like this....
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:58 am

@mgunner,

Think about this, you are going to be bringing a product on the market, your buddy steals your Idea and brings it out first, but cheaper and made with shody production standards and construction, Now your product is better in every shape way and form, but you are fighting an uphill battle to establish your product as being quality, the reputation of your product is already shot, and it hasnīt even made it onto the market yet.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:18 pm

hem i got I got one word for that guy LAW SUIT! lol all kidding aside i think they are going for the little guy because there is no way he can afford a lawyer that will win him the case..
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:26 pm

eh getting a lawyer isn''t the issue the lawsuit will cost more then the gun is worth so it be pointless. Besides the law is on H&Ks side.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:51 pm

having read Slobs posts, I don't think I can blame H&K for wanting to battke these illegal cone sales, but I do think they're going about it wrong in going after the end user.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:55 pm

eh its wrong but its very effective and legal honestly it sucks that this is happening and in the future I will make sure what im buying isn''t copyrighted by a company like H&K. So let this be a lesson to us all

DO NOT buy something that just might be copyrighted or youll find lawyers at your door step eh ><
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Zane wrote:
eh its wrong but its very effective and legal honestly it sucks that this is happening and in the future I will make sure what im buying isn''t copyrighted by a company like H&K. So let this be a lesson to us all

DO NOT buy something that just might be copyrighted or youll find lawyers at your door step eh ><

Lawyers...psh. more like cops with warrants.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:55 am

yeah next thing you know they'll be sending swat teams at your doors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning re: H&K   Warning re: H&K Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning re: H&K
Page 1 of 1