Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Getting my friends to be a team

Go down 
+5
JARHEAD
DrummerBoyz95
Jackofalltrades
AFU
airsoftmarine95
9 posters
AuthorMessage
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

Getting my friends to be a team Empty
PostSubject: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:38 pm

So many people ask how can I get my team to use tactics. well, thats not my problem. I have 4 other firends who play airsoft as well. I am the only one who wants to be a team. how can i get them to form together and and be a team with ranks and all that crap?
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:03 pm

First off, you need an incentive to be on a team.

Highlight these incentives.

Example: Tournaments, hosted events, etc. Show them how you can attend these, etc.

Second, you have to take charge (It doesn't matter if you become the team leader) but for now, take charge. Show them plans you have made for the "team." Patch designs (Do not buy patches until you know the team is going to be made, if at all) name choices, etc.

Also remember, sometimes people just don't have time to be on a team, and some people just don't want to be on a team. If they say no, you can't force them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:12 pm

ok thanks, ill try
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:26 pm

It's real hard to be somebody that's really into airsofting and being around people who blow it off. I suggest slowly breaking dow their negativity by making the matches even better than before.
Find an adversary to unite agaisnt
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:46 pm

well, my friends love airsoft also, but like they think im too into it and call me a redneck and stuff (no offence to rednecks) i just think they would laff at me if i sugested the idea
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Well if they're that kind of friends, then you probably would want to find other people to form a team with. Also you would eventually recruit more guys, right? 5 people, that's just a single fireteam. You'd probably want at least an entire squad or patrol unit for an effective team. (8-16 players)
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:21 pm

If your afraid your friends are going to laugh at you for finding something you love like crazy their not real friends.
I know how you feel I like airsofting more than anything but no group of people to go play with around here.
I'd say try and form the team!
Back to top Go down
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:22 pm

i disagree that they "are not real friends", we r 13 year old boys, making fun of eachother is what we do best
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Okay I'm sure you know your friends best I'm just saying my friends support me. They might mock me sometimes but I'm supported and encouraged.
Back to top Go down
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:48 pm

i understand, i guess i just can''t force my friends to do sumthing they don''t wanna do
Back to top Go down
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:51 pm

BTW jackofalltrades, u say ur location is in washington is that washington DC or the state
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:16 pm

try like saying that it will be awesome, because it is, kinda like its funny cause its true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:21 pm

It's a simple process, i myself am a team leader of about 15-20 men.
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm in washington state! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
socal46
Corporal
Corporal
socal46

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:33 pm

try taking them to a public feld and show them how fun it is to get 2 play other teams
Back to top Go down
http://scar.aforumfree.com/forum.htm
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Tank wrote:
It's a simple process, i myself am a team leader of about 15-20 men.

How do you do it?!? I know of like 10 people who like to airsoft but they won't get off their lazy butts!! Like 8 of them SAY they're gonna come but they never do! Only me and 3 other kids actually come, we NEED MORE PEOPLE!! I need your persuasion skills!
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Over a year old. Please don't necropost (that is the most polite message I have ever sent to someone doing that. Congratulations.)
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:51 pm

SnoSnipe wrote:
Over a year old. Please don't necropost (that is the most polite message I have ever sent to someone doing that. Congratulations.)

What? What does necropost mean?
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Check the dates on the post. The last one before you posted on it was from may 2009. That is over a year old, and the topic had nothing else that needed to be said. Those users for the most part are not even active anymore. Necroposting is posting on a thread too old, and that you have no helpful input for. Don't sweat it, though. It is ur first time, so I don't care. Nice guns, by the way (ur signatire).
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:44 pm

SnoSnipe wrote:
Check the dates on the post. The last one before you posted on it was from may 2009. That is over a year old, and the topic had nothing else that needed to be said. Those users for the most part are not even active anymore. Necroposting is posting on a thread too old, and that you have no helpful input for. Don't sweat it, though. It is ur first time, so I don't care. Nice guns, by the way (ur signatire).

Signature? Ok I'll try not to necropost any more
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Sorry for the spelling error, yes signature. And thanks, bud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:54 pm

SnoSnipe wrote:
Sorry for the spelling error, yes signature. And thanks, bud Very Happy

No problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting my friends to be a team   Getting my friends to be a team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting my friends to be a team
Page 1 of 1