Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!

Go down 
+5
DrummerBoyz95
sticks.13
Lone Wolf
white wolf
Lt.KillerSAS
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lt.KillerSAS
Private
Private

Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Empty
PostSubject: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:23 pm

I’m curious to know what you all think about being able to play laser tag while you play live Airsoft skirmishes with your existing weapons. As we all know, the thrill of pounding everyone with pellets is great but you know what, at the end of the game we have no real clue as to who scored best, who was hit the most often and by who and so on. So, my question to you…
What if, you had a cool computer system that kept track of everything and I mean everything while we play our Airsoft battles or if you like, just play laser tag without firing one 6mm ball? Kind of cool maybe?
Some thoughts behind all this… if you are injured, a medic can heal you, if you run out of ‘laser’ ammo, you can get resupplied from your buddy, but he loses a clip. Your team must capture the flag… so you must all take the enemy base and wait there while the electronics takes down their flag.
Then after the day is done, after you have been beaten up with pellet fire and taken out with lasers, you go home and upload all your battle data to the games server whereby you gain rank, compete against other people and teams across the world with scoring, medals won etc.
Yes, you are a soldier now with real bragging rights and you have the battle wounds to prove it.
This could work with paintball players also.
So, what would you be willing to pay for such a cool, intelligent system?
We’re talking about wireless electronics, a control unit with USB connections, LCD display and no retrofitting to your Airsoft weapons except for the addition of a RIS/RAS/rails or simple barrel bracket.
Some other features… programmable reload times, bullet caliber, hitting power, realistic gun shot sounds, game time and so on and so on. Whatever you can imagine or dream up can be achieved here.
Thoughts please! Much appreciated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:16 pm

well, ever seen one of the airsoft videos? they sound real enough, and some people don't really like bragging rights, jsut the sport
and what about the size of the computer on it it might need a decent size to get all you wna tout of it........

not trying to sound evil about it though......... but I like the 3 last lines interesting ideas
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:01 pm

They already have this system. Its a vest with multiple wires and contacts in it. This system is really only used in CQB because twigs, branches, and leaves set it off.

I keep score by memory K/D ratio.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Lt.KillerSAS
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:36 pm

no this is different to what you are thinking of for twigs can''t set it off. it is a laser so only the laser can set it off in this case a kill.

also the computer white wolf is only about 4in. by 4in.
Back to top Go down
Lt.KillerSAS
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:38 pm

also the computer white wolf is only about 4in. by 4in.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:22 pm

sure but it depends on the laser. I wouldn't use anything that only accepts visible lasers. IR lasers would be the only exception. + it is kind of cheap because people can make the laser go for a full 5 minutes without firing their gun. Airsoft becomes laser tag. And I don't like laser tag.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Nope, this is just lazer tag. If I wanted to play lazer tag I would buy a lazer tag gun. I'm fine with airsoft as it is.

About the realism that you talked about, most f it actually is already in place with MilSim games. We have medics, ammo restrictions(and yes your buddy can loan you a mag in the middle of a firefight), we have realistic gun sounds, and RIS units already too.

IMO airsoft is a game, a competitive game yes, a sport(as you are describing it), no! The day stuff like this takes over the common MilSim is the day I quit airsoft..... I think you have the right idea, but I do not like the path that this would take airsoft down....

sticks
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:26 pm

ah and I agree with sticks
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:43 pm

sticks is right Wink
Back to top Go down
Lt.KillerSAS
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:56 pm

ok sticks can not set it off only special laser beams can ok
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:59 pm

this is laser tag.
and laser tag uses laser beams...
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:34 am

Sounds like you just want a more extreme version of laser-tag that's outside to me.
cool Idea though I personally wouldn't do it and then there's cost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:38 am

haha i meant "the user sticks.13 is right", not "sticks can set it off is right"
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:30 am

This sounds like the next generation of MILES ( Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System ),the first problems that come to mind,

Cheaters !!! Depending on how the System is set up to adjust for Caliber, Range, Hitting Power and so on, a Player could go on the Field with a Model 1911 with Laser, but he has it set up to hit and register as a M-60.

Range, a Laser travels further than an AS BB,

Diffusion, depending on the environment and weather, the Beam can be spread out over a large area giving false hits, or wrong hit data. Dense Vegetation, I can put the BB through the leaves and get the Hit, the Laser won´t.

Zeroing, just like the Military Miles Systems you have to Bore Sight or Zero the Laser to match your sight Picture, how would the average player do this at home.

How would the Laser be activated, Continuous ?? even if it is IR, the light can be seen with NODS, Trigger Switch ???

Durability, some Mil-Sim games last for days, what happens if the battery for the Laser dies, after changing the battery, the laser would have to be reprogrammed, again back to the topic of cheaters.

As far as having bragging rights, I always thought that AS was a Team Sport, the individual who goes and does the Hero things, gets enough Compliments and Praise from his/her Team and the Congratulations from the Opponent, what more does the good Player need.

Sticks and I may argue like cats and dogs on most things, but here I agree with him fully, this would create more problems than is solves.

Not to shoot the Idea completely down, I do see uses for it in MIL-SIM Events, using it to keep score for Teams or Factions, and with the right Tracking System built in, it would be a useful tool for Organizers and Marshals at large Events.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:59 pm

I wouldn't use this system at a large event but at a small CQB field or something like that.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:13 pm

what about cost????? because I'd rather get a new echo 1 than that
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:19 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of a large event, personel tracking system, showing Locations, Movement, Unit Strenghts, maybe even being able to shut down the HighLanders on the Playing Field, Of course all in real time.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:38 pm

how about a small computer so the person can keep track of hits. like a cell phone
instead of a vest
Have a system where they send a text to a main computer and that computer logs the K/D.

Completely relies on honor system but it will keep track of score. But if they hit a person that person will get a txt saying they have been hit, and give them the option to dispute it, which will call a ref.
Back to top Go down
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:49 pm

I don''t know if anyone has though of this but PAIN is the reason for adrenaline in airsoft, if theres no adrenaline, theres no fun....Plus i want to hear my headshot, not just it show up on my score card or what ever. Smile
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:42 am

@Inferno,

There was no mention of replacing the BB with the Laser, the laser would be used to record hits, notifiy hit players as to who and what hit them.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:57 pm

how would it tell? and I still am biased to the regualr good ol' airsoft
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:24 pm

plus the laser travels way faster than the bb, You don't even have to hit the person with a bb. You can just point and shoot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!   Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Airsoft-As real as it can get!
Page 1 of 1