Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

new sniper issues

Go down 
+3
sticks.13
Admin
L96-Sniper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
L96-Sniper
Private
Private
L96-Sniper

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:59 pm

ok so now i am getting a 2nd sniper now i want something that is powerfull and has a scope with nice accuracy. also spring would be nice..like i said im a noob thats y i would like to leave it up to you guys! thanx

P.S FPS has to be more then 550 fps

Budget = 250 $
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:09 pm

This is a *Which Gun?* question. As stated on the main forum page, the *Ask a Pro* forum is not for these types of questions... MOVED.

On to the question:
Here's the problem. First of all, no gun, unless a few choice gas rifles, will come stock shooting anything above 500fps - not from what I've seen, anyway. Also, rarely will quality sniper rifles come with a scope, and if they do, the scope is crap - so you'll need to find one separately (go for something with around 4X magnification and 40mm+ lens). You could even most likely find one that would work at your local Wal-mart or hunting store.

So, now that it's understood you'll have to upgrade your gun and with the knowledge that you want to spend $250 or less, here are my recommendations:
JG Bar-10 - only $100 stock, some even come with a scope ($120 package), very reliable, good feel to it, and highly upgradeable, upgrades are very cheap to some even being free!
L96 variants - Stay away from them in your case. I know they're tempting. Sure the TSD (WELL) and UTG versions are great looking and have seemingly great specs, but good luck trying to reach 550 fps. All of these brands are nearly impossible to upgrade that high.
Tokyo Marui VSR-10 - great company, quality gun, lots of upgrades available, very popular. Great price for a TM

If I could also add my 2 cents in - this sounds like a typical question I get from my website theairsoftsniper.com. Almost daily I get emails from people asking me to recommend rifles that shoot 500fps+, come with a scope, and cost under $200-250. First of all, don't buy a gun with a scope - 9 times out of 10 it won't be a quality scope or the lens will be too small to capture enough light and give a clear enough view. Also, you can get a very nice rifle for around that price, and yet still reach a high fps, but a person is far wrong if they think that's all it takes. It'll take numerous upgrades (typically) and lots of care to get a rifle up to par. For example, I would take a bar-10 shooting 350 fps over one of those clone L96s you can buy nowadays for around $90 shooting 460 fps. My point is there's a lot more than reaching high fps - BBs, barrel, lube, scope, upgradeability, etc. Hope that helps Smile

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
L96-Sniper
Private
Private
L96-Sniper

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:48 pm

i am looking for something a but stronger, what do you think about the Crosman Tac 77 Elite by Crosman?

Links:

http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1341

http://www.pyramydair.com/p/crosman-tac-77-breakbarrel.shtml
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:16 pm

you will not be able to play with those rifles for several reasons.
1:their pelet rifles they cant fire 6mm BB's
2: it shoots 1000FPS. usually anything above 600FPS or 550FPS is banned from airsoft fields.
3:it semi auto, you cant have a SASS(semi auto sniper system) or DMR(designated marksmen rifle) shooting above 450-500 FPS.

besides even if you had a sniper that shot over 600FPS, you would be over stepping you FPS need. it would also be incredibly hards to find a BB that was right for anything above 600FPS. honestly i would just stick to something that shot in the 450-500FPS range. anything more and your MED's(minimum engagement distances) would be too large to be useful at all(for 1000FPS it would be around 200YRDS, or 2 football fields).

i would try to stay away from crossman too. their products are sub par and most of their airsoft products are imported by Cybergun who is trying to make airsoft a monopoly.

i wouldn't trust a $300 gun that was shooting 1000FPS anyways. thats 200FPS more than a Real Steel 1911.

try playing a big OP with you Well before you go to buy another gun. youll find that you wont need the L33T FPS that most new people dream of to be effective at all. i would be more worried about a sidearm or gear than a whole new gun.

hope that helps

sticks
Back to top Go down
L96-Sniper
Private
Private
L96-Sniper

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 pm

i dont play airsoft, i play with friends and i need a gun that goes pretty dam far, we dont have rules are anything we play with gas and co2. i just need a gun with high fps
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
2: it shoots 1000FPS.
+
L96-Sniper wrote:
i dont play airsoft, i play with friends
=
I would hate to be your friend affraid
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:10 pm

L96-Sniper wrote:
i dont play airsoft, i play with friends and i need a gun that goes pretty dam far, we dont have rules are anything we play with gas and co2. i just need a gun with high fps

Please refrain from using inappropriate language. Also, that gun is a BB gun, not an airsoft gun - as Sticks so kindly put it. This is an airsoft forum - and in no way can we recommend a BB gun that would most likely severely injure another person. Please, for the sake of representing all airsofters, don't use these guns to shoot your friends with. No

Anything above 550 fps is too much in my opinion, even for 6mm plastic BBs. affraid
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:16 am

I think you are on the wrong forum if you are wanting to shoot each other with real bb guns. Rules are there for a reason and people doing stuff like you give airsoft a bad name.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it is the truth.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:43 pm

k L96 sniper let me put it this way. in my M4(400FPS) using .3 gram or higher BB's i could easily get 110Yards(not feet yards). with you well L96 using .3 gram BB's you could get a good 140Yards out of her. using basic math thats 420feet, which is pretty far. if you add a nice barrel to her and maybe a new scope you could be an effective sniper VERY easily.

420ft is about the size of a football field and a half. which is past the normal range for engagements made by SWAT snipers. i dont know what game you are playing with your friends but this range is probably More than sufficient for whatever you do. so heres what i recomend you do with the extra $200 you have lying around.

1: a bag or two of these http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=27_28&products_id=605

2: this barrel or something similar
http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=21597

3: and a nice scope like this or a different model that you like, but something with the same style magnification
http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=19689

thats puts you down aprox $148 with two baggs of BB's. with the extra money i would get some gear or a ghillie, or even maybe go to an airsoft game in the NY area.

have fun

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:12 pm

First, I will address safety issues with your post... at close range, 1000 FPS replica's would most likely shoot right through just about any goggle system around, which means you could probably injure just about anybody you shot with it. Second, 1000 FPS isnt to far off what a real firearm would shoot... so do you really need something shooting that fast? NO, you do not. ESPECIALLY if you dont want to go to jail for shooting somebody in the tempel and killing them. If you havent ever shot a replica that shoots 450 FPS - 550 FPS, then you have no idea what kind of range you can get with it... its impressive to say the least. You wouldnt want to shoot somebody with such a replica at point blank as it could possibly break the skin. Seriously, it hurts.

To be honest with you, I dont think you will find an Airsoft bolt action that you can get up to 500 FPS without spending ATLEAST $300. A Bar 10, with a metal spring guide, Laylax spring 190, zero trigger system and a tightbore barrel would be about the closest you could get and to be honest, it would probably run you atleast $400 once you add all the extra little stuff. However, the Bar 10 is a good starting platform for any build... you will HAVE to get a zero trigger kit if you plan to get a laylax spring over a rate of 150% (at this rate you would still have to get upgraded sears... so once you upgrade the spring you might as well buy the zero trigger).
If you want more info on it, PM me... I can go for hours on it.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:32 pm

We are not trying to fry you here. Don't worry about saying anything on these threads and getting burned for it. It does sound that way though.

We are trying to save you from a life changing mistake. If you shoot somebody with that you WILL injure them. I know you don't want to do that... So just take note of that and stay under 550fps. If you didn't know that before now you do so life goes on right. Don't worry, as Seabass said you will be surprised what a good 500fps can do for you. He shot me in the nose from really really far away. I looked him off on purpose b/c I didn't think he'd have that range. You too can very easily get that kind of a set up... just talk to him and he will tell you everything you need to know.

Don't make the mistake of shooting somebody with a gun that WILL hurt them. It really is not worth ruining somebody's vision or worse. A shot through the eye could do sever damage to the frontal lobe which houses higher end thinking and reasoning. That really mess somebody up if not kill them.

Enough said
Back to top Go down
L96-Sniper
Private
Private
L96-Sniper

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:36 pm

all im saying i no nothing about modding guns so i just want to buy a strong 1 my WELL L96 is shootign 410 im trying to get atleast 500 - 550... i rather buy a new gun then mess it up by me going into it
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:02 pm

then i would go for a gun like the KJW M700(Remington 700 copy). they run about $200 and its really easy to get it in the 500FPS range. its a gas system so you will have some trouble in the winter, but its easily the cheapest rout to 500FPS in a reliable system. for extra parts all you need to do is go to Redwolfairsoft.com and search for Tanaka parts. any TanakaM700 parts will work with this gun because its a copy of the Tanaka series

gun: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=1449

FPS upgrade guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9g5UnU2qk

there you go. unfortunately the gun doesn't come with a scope so you will have to buy one. no biggy though. i would keep the Well as a backup sniper. or a cold weather sniper.

hope that helps

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 5:13 pm

hit your friends with that gun and they'll be gettin stiches. My friend was messin around with a bb gun that shot probably 300 fps, and it cause my friend who was at least 50 feet away to bleed through his jeans. 1000 fps pellet gun could do major damage..
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:17 pm

While Sticks is probably right that the KJW is a cheap route... I would still say you will have to spend a lot more money than $250 to get it to over 500 FPS.

FPS isnt EVERYTHING when it comes to airsoft. While you may get more range, there are cases where a GOOD replica that is shooting 400 FPS can be more effective than a CHEAP replica shooting 450 FPS. Accuracy is definitely more important as you may have guessed and from experience, generally cheaper replica's arent as accurate as more expensive replica's (not trying to start an arguement, just stating my opinion). No matter how you go about it, you will probably have to upgrade whatever you buy to get it shooting better... There are guides all over the internet for various replica upgrades, if you cant find it just ask on here how to do something... most likely somebody will know. Smile I have several guides on here already that show how to upgrade the JG Bar 10... just to give you an idea of what is involved. Honestly, it isnt that hard to do.

Another thing you need to think about is: being a sniper isnt exactly highly regarded as a good role in Airsoft. While I enjoy it, like many members of this forum, a lot of people have trouble feeling hits even from more powerful bolt actions because they A) Dont hear the shot and B) 1 BB hitting you isnt as noticeable as 5 BB's hitting you with 20 more following them. In my opinion, you will get better results using an AEG shooting around 350-400 FPS if you are going after kills.
Dont get me wrong, Airsofters really do try to call their hits, but lets say you are 30 yards away and the person doesnt hear you shoot at them, your BB hits their tac vest in a hard place... most likely they wont notice they have been hit. However, same circumstance with an AEG you open up full auto and BB's are flying all around the guy, he see's you then you hit him in the vest... he calls out because he saw it happen and also heard it because the AEG is louder. Smile
So far I havent had much of a problem when using my bolt action, but I know a lot of "snipers" that complain about it all the time.

Anyways, I would think about it a bit and not jump into anything real fast. Maybe shoot a few nice AEG's and bolt actions before you decide to just buy something you have no experience with. If you are looking at bolt actions, I would look into the JG Bar 10 as it is HIGHLY upgradeable and is fairly inexpensive. If you start looking into AEG's look at Classic Army, Echo 1, ICS, and Tokyo Marui.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new sniper issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sniper issues   new sniper issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new sniper issues
Page 1 of 1