Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

does it really matter what type of bbs you use?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Empty
PostSubject: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:47 pm

ive always wondered if the type of bbs you use would have a lasting effect on your gun. can someone help me?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:25 pm

Yes the bb's quality does effect the internals and fight pattern. Make sure you use seamless bbs ALWAYS. Otherwise it will scratch your barrel and performance will suffer. As far as bb weights, for a sniper you would want to use .25 and higher. For anything else, unless prescribed otherwise, use .20s.
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Ive accutaly questioned this to...... Until yesterday I used my Airsoft Elites in the first half of the war and everything went smoothly no jams no stray shots. Then I ran out of BBs and I had to use Crossman BBs that was a mistake. I ended up haveing to unjam my barrel in the middle of the fire fight. I also got a lot of stray shots that were really bad. Yes the types of BB you use do matter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:53 pm

ok thanx.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:15 pm

ty you should already know. you remember at your war when i used those crap bbs, my gun wasn't working for another 2 hours! GET GOOD BBs!!!!
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:18 pm

i already know that by now. remember my shotgun? thats how it broke- crappy bbs.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:19 pm

hahaha oh yeah, i forgot about that. i guess you fixed it.

Last edited by AssultPwner on Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:21 pm

nope. i opened her up and about 20 bbs fell out. guess what also fell out. all the internals. so i was forced to throw it away. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:24 pm

hahaha sucks for you. but then again, when was the last time that it DID work in a war for you? anyway, i bet you could easly get another one.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:27 pm

Guys, you are both making posts that are against the site's guidlines. Please move your conversation to PM's.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:31 pm

srry but we were talking about the effects of what kind of bbs you use, in this case, bad bbs. but if im gonna get in trouble then ill stop.
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:47 pm

my bad Spl. Durkee. got a little sidtracked.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:47 pm

same here.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
Yes the bb's quality does effect the internals and fight pattern. Make sure you use seamless bbs ALWAYS. Otherwise it will scratch your barrel and performance will suffer. As far as bb weights, for a sniper you would want to use .25 and higher. For anything else, unless prescribed otherwise, use .20s.

Not to undermine you, but actually the hop-up and hop-up bucking would be more prone to damge than the barrel. I have replaced a hop-up bucking more than once due to bad BBs (once on a Luger, and once on a GI Patriot II) and haven't really heard of a "scratched barrel", let alone due to BBs. But still, Durkee is correct, it does matter what kind of BBs you use. If you look at your Hop-up, the bucking where the BB sits is perfectly round. After extensive poor BB usage, break your gun down and take a look at the bucking. It will be mis-shaped and octagonal, not round, causing poor accuracy.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:05 pm

see, i think thats what broke my shotgun. thanx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does it really matter what type of bbs you use?   does it really matter what type of bbs you use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

does it really matter what type of bbs you use?
Page 1 of 1