Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Empty
PostSubject: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:04 am

This just saddens me to no end. Our economic situation is really getting out of hand and I don't see it getting much better anytime soon. I will keep politics out of this, but view the link below and read Echo 1's "Important Announcement" to get the full scoop. I think it is ridiculous our economy has gotten this bad. I would love to say more, but I must abide by the rules
NO POLITICS!!!!

http://www.echo1usa.com/English/
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 2:47 pm

IT happens. H8 gas companies not ECHO 1. Spend your $600 stimulus check on 2 new replicas, and spend the rest getting the sand out. Smile

DK
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 4:15 pm

ye it kinda sux but look at the good side, you have 5 days before this is under effect........
thats about it. at least its only a %10 increase. maybe TM will come out with some lower priced guns now, or upgrade their existing ones with metal bodies.

I blame Texas for this problem....

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:52 pm

What a shock... (sarcasm)

Not a big issue to me, as I already own several replica's. But, I guess now when buying Echo 1 you will have to consider if it is really worth it, or if a Classic Army / ICS / Tokyo Marui is a better buy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:26 pm

well it will certainly change alot of noobs ideas about Echo 1. now they will go for the JG just because of price......

IDK it doesnt effect me that bad. i was thinking about a G36K custom DM rifle using an E1 as a base gun..... it wont be that different for me because if i would have done this a couple of months ago i would be paying 8% mor for shipping anyways... but since i live literally 5 minutes away from airsoft smith im set.

sorry to all you loyal E1 customers

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 1:37 am

Yeah, what idiots. People who like Echo 1 really must know absolutely nothing about our sport. We should just all gang up on them with our Systemas, TMs, and CAs.... cause thats what we do right. We eat Echo 1's for breakfast lunch and dinner b/c we pay more for our airsoft replicas. Well maybe this price increase will make those loyal to Echo 1 feel better seeing how they are paying more for their weapons like we do. Who the heck would buy an Echo 1

Seriously though. This is just an example of how our economy is hitting our sport. I know you may not like E1's as we talk about how much better CA and the like are every thread, but you must realize if it is hitting one corporation in our sport it MIGHT just MAYBE hit others sooner or later. Sure it hits E1 first b/c they try to keep their prices down to stay competitive and make a name for themselves in the business, but none of you think that this might have a chance to spill into the other brands as well. I got to tell you, a recession will effect everything. Airsoft to basket weaving... and I know I already pay way to much for my basket making supplies.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:30 pm

lol, i wasnt bashing E1, i was just pointing out that most people who are just starting will go with the JG guns rather than the E1 series. i know all you loyal E1 customers will stay loyal, just like my next purchase is probably going to be a TM(i think).

i totally agree about the basket weaving though... im paying $56 for enough straw to make them now..... this is outrageous. stupid oil companies. Laughing

sticks

PS: i think im warming up to E1 more and more
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Not sure if he was talking to you or me sticks... either way it doesnt really matter. The prices are going up on everything. Welcome to the real world. Very Happy

If you already own a few replica's than you shouldnt have to worry about it to much unless you plan on buying a new Echo 1 every 5-6 months.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:16 am

I was speaking to all who thought this was about echo 1 solely. It is about our economy and how it relates to our sport. Trust me seabass... if I have a problem with you I will say so, since I haven't yet it must mean I value your opinion.. I do know I have said that many times. No smoke and mirrors.

I really hate to see a company raise its prices b/c of our economic shortcomings. I don't know about you guys. I would think the same if it were CA or TM. It will make it just a little more likely somebody will decide against getting into this great sport of ours solely based on the monetary aspect of it.... do you guys agree with that??
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Yes, it may decrease the number of people that start playing, however, there was a time before Echo 1 exsisted and plenty of people still played when they had to buy a $300-$400 CA, TM or ICS replica... Not saying there were as many getting into it then as now, but the sport has progressed to the point there is a wide-range of price levels in replica's. Even if the price tag is $200 for an Echo 1, that still isnt a horrible price to pay... just a guess but they probably didnt really HAVE to raise the prices that much, they probably just want to make a little more profit. Since, their company has a decent reputation at this point, I am sure they will still continue to sell a lot of replica's and chances are people coming into the sport may compare the price difference in a CA/TM with that of the Echo 1 and see they are similar... then they will decide that the Echo 1 must be somewhat of a mid-high level replica to own.
*You also have to take into account that companies like A&K, JG, etc... all still have relatively cheap replica's and most likely they wont take their prices over $150, so they may replace Echo 1 as the entry level replica of choice.

It could be worse... I am sure it will be before next year. Gas prices are supposed to hit about $4.50 a gallon here before long, and with the way diesel has been going, I would say it may go over that. There isnt much money in Agricultural professions as there used to be and many dairy farmers around Ohio are quitting because of that. It costs a lot of money to grow Corn/Soybeans which are the backbone of our food supply so that also factors in. A lot of jobs are going over-seas like ALWAYS because somebody is willing to do the job for half the price and American's are generally lazy, materialistic and not hard-working. My prediction is that in about 20 years, business owners will be paying more for hard labor because this generation wont want to do anything but sit behind a desk.

Not wanting to bring politics into it, but in the past I have always voted mainly Republican but I honestly hope that McCain doesnt get in office just for the sole fact that our troops will be pulled out of Iraq and we wont go straight to Iran afterwards. Maybe if we dont spend 100 Trillion dollars on a lost cause war effort our country might have a chance of regaining some ground... highly doubt it, but it may help.

I guess in a nut-shell, you could say we are pretty screwed... its bad when Canadian money is worth more than ours. If you are Canadian... good for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:55 pm

well yeah, lets not talk about that later part because it is political
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:24 pm

well, i like e1 but i don't own 1, not yet, hopefully someday
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Dude this is a major necro post.... This thread is over a year old..... Come on!!!! Very Happy

Just look at the date of the last post before you post in a thread.... warning #1...

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(   Our economy and Echo 1 prices :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our economy and Echo 1 prices :(
Page 1 of 1