Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Systema motor in a thompson.....?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Systema motor in a thompson.....? Empty
PostSubject: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:52 pm

So, how much would I actually benefit if I put this $90 dollar motor in my Thompson? What would actually improve, and by how much??

http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=systema-magnum-NMP-S&Category_Code=Parts-Motors&Store_Code=R

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:55 pm

Check your PM D-T,

The use of a Magnum or High Speed Systema Motor is an improvement no matter how you look at it, how big the Improvement or great the Benefits is based on how your gun is set up.

If you are running a low-end Power set up ( M100-M120 ), you are going to see your ROF go up regardless of the Motor, Trigger response will be reduced, BBīs use will greatly increase Laughing .

The Systema Motors are Electricity Pigs, they draw 30+ amps, so you can expect to see your playing time reduced if you do Loooooooonnnnnggggg Ratta-Tat-Tats.

If you are running your gun at or above the M130 level, you should seriously consider investing in the Hardened Systema Pinion Gear for the motor.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Thank you very much slob. Do you think If I got this I should get better gears? like reinforced gears or re-shimmed ones? Sorry, I don't really know the difference when it comes to gears.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:40 pm

What kind of Main Spring are you using, M???

If you are running it Standard, new gears are not necessary.

Is your GB Stock ?? or have you done some tuning to it ??
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:00 pm

I have not done any work to the spring, so I gues it's standard.
No sir, I have not done anything to the gearbox No Should I do that first? If so, what kind of tuning do you suggest?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:33 pm

if the box is stock then a MAGNUM will eat the Bushings, I assume they are Plastic.

You will need to Change the Bushings, re-Shim the Gears, and up the Spring to at least a 1 Joule ( 330 FPS ) level, if not you run the risk of the Sector Gear catching the Piston before it has fired the shot, the motors are that FAST.

if you donīt go above the M110 Level, you could leave the standard gears in for now, but should really consider investing in a better set.

Metal Spring Guide with bearings,
DeepFire Piston
And up your Battery, 1700Mah is not going to give you a lot of Playing Time.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:36 am

Stock, My Thompson Is about 350 fps....So would I still need to up the spring (I might anyway even if I don't need to) And all these upgrades I need (and the ones you mentioned in the PM), should I be able to find them pretty easily, on most online stores?? study
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:00 am

When the gun is running at 350FPS, you are above the 1Joule level, a gear change is not neccassary, double check to see what kind of bushings are in the gun, they need to be metal or ceramic bearing bushings, if you can locate them, Kanzen Bearing Bushings are one of the best on the Market.

other than that, the parts list that I sent you should be no Problem to fill, all serious Sellers of OEM parts should have them on stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Systema motor in a thompson.....?   Systema motor in a thompson.....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Systema motor in a thompson.....?
Page 1 of 1