Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96

Go down 
+2
Seabass_9000
Ace
6 posters
AuthorMessage

JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:28 pm

I have two questions. I aprectiate any help u guys can give me. I have been looking for a sniper rifle and have narrowed it down to two but i can't decide which one to get. It's between the jg bar-10 or the UTG L96. I like them both but don't know which one is more durable and shoots the best. My friend is also looking for an AEG an was wonder what the best would be. He only has 200 dollars to spend on it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:40 pm

Ok, so if you are looking at a bar-10 contact Seabass on here. If you are looking for a L96 talk to Admin. They can give you a run down of the pros & cons. Hopefully that helps on the sniper stuff.

Ok...
I am an Echo 1 AEG user and am very happy with mine. They are good replicas for under $200 if you treat them right. Is your friend new to the game? Echo 1's are good guns, and preferred by our very own Roamer....I'm sure he will give you the complete Echo 1 run down. Smile

Hope that helps out a little bit.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks for your help Ace. Great forum.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:46 pm

AEG under $200, Echo 1 is a good choice. Tell your friend just to pick whatever one looks cool to him.

As far as Bolt actions go, the Bar 10 is more upgradeable but the L96 probably has a little more range out of the box. Either way you cant go wrong... I myself prefer my Bar 10. Since it is 100% Tokyo Marui VSR 10 compatible, it is easy to find parts for. If you plan on upgrading either one to over 450 FPS you will probably have to look into a Zero Trigger kit, which is pricey... but well worth it from what I have read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:04 pm

Seabass_9000 wrote:
AEG under $200, Echo 1 is a good choice. Tell your friend just to pick whatever one looks cool to him.

As far as Bolt actions go, the Bar 10 is more upgradeable but the L96 probably has a little more range out of the box. Either way you cant go wrong... I myself prefer my Bar 10. Since it is 100% Tokyo Marui VSR 10 compatible, it is easy to find parts for. If you plan on upgrading either one to over 450 FPS you will probably have to look into a Zero Trigger kit, which is pricey... but well worth it from what I have read.

I agree with Seabass and Ace - Echo 1s are great, the UTG L96 is a great gun out of box, and the bar-10 gives you a great price and the option to upgrade the heck out of it. If you were one that refuses to open you gun up to mod (or pay someone to do it for you) then the L96 will give you great stock specs and is fairly accurate. However, if you're willing to spend a little time and a little money (not much at all though if you're okay with being in the lower 400s fps-wise), go with the Bar-10. It really is a great gun, and even the stock specs are pretty impressive. Both guns are very reliable though, and I'd recommend either one to anyone. My L96 has seen a ton of abuse, and has had thousands upon thousands upon thousands (so on and so forth) of BBs put through it, and it shoots as good as it did the day I bought it. So either way you'd be happy (although future upgrades to the L96 might be a little disappointing). Let me know if you have any specific questions about the UTG L96.

And welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:17 am

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

I really can't say from shooting experience which gun is better for you. BUT I can say from being shot by both more times than I care to admit that they are both pretty good guns. I would lean on the side of the JG Bar-10 only because I am not so sure on any mods for the L96 that compare to the Bar-10. Check out Seabass' topics on the Bar-10 here.
Either way, I think you will like what you get.

For your friend, I think everybody has pretty much given you a good answer. I am an extremest just because I seek to give Echo 1 a good rep. b/c it was my first gun and I have been impressed by them. I saw no reason to change when reaching for an AEG to upgrade, but that is where our opinions on here change drastically lol.

Hope I helped, but ADMIN and Seabass are the ones to listen to on your gun as they own them.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:05 pm

well if you get the L96 it would almost be the same as getting the BAR10 compatibility wise. the L96 uses Maruzin ASP2 parts so you are good for replacement parts for both guns. it pretty much boils down to which gun you like more.

personally i would go for the BAR10 because i like the M700 look more than the L96.

sticks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:34 am

I have chosen to go with the L96. I like how it looks and i dont plan on upgrading anthing on it. I will tell my friend about the Echo 1. I thank u for all ur help. Might have some more questions once i get my L96.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:32 pm

I would deffeniatly go with the L-96 I love mine
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96   JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JG BAR-10 vs. UTG L96
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Which Gun?-
Jump to: