Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Crosman BBs?

Go down 
+3
TheOneNamedMike
MetallicAirsoft
micr0mac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
micr0mac
Sergeant
Sergeant

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:51 pm

I know that you all hate Crosman guns and bbs, but whats wrong with their bbs?
I use them for my S&W M3000 pump shotgun and they work great. Do they just not work well with higher level guns?
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:13 pm

ya they don't they are crap and mess up good guns and also are horrably inacurate
Back to top Go down
micr0mac
Sergeant
Sergeant

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 pm

ok, yea theyre super accurate with my gun, so idk.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:47 am

on super high quality guns, (AEGS and everything like that) they can't use them, orelse the gun breaks.
Crosman does not make quality bbs, if you look at them, there are seams everywhere.
These seams if they go to AEGS, will jam the gun, and ruin the barrel. THus, breaking the barrel in the future.
Thats why people use high quality bbs
inorder to prevent that from happening
Back to top Go down
micr0mac
Sergeant
Sergeant

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:34 am

k, is it ok to use them with my gun?
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:32 am

yea. because your gun doesn't have the tightbore barrels that most AEG's have
Back to top Go down
micr0mac
Sergeant
Sergeant

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:20 pm

alright thanks guys, and theyre ok to use with most spring guns such as the tsd m14 too?
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:28 pm

This small paragraph from theairsoftsniper will answer your question, basically know the diameter of your weapons inner barrel and make sure the BB's diameter will fit.

Quote :
elieve it or not, not all BBs are the same size, and even the slighest variance in size can damage your gun and/or ruin your day! It's good to first know the diameter of your inner barrel. If you're serious about sniping you've hopefully purchased a precision barrel (only cost $30-$60) which will range between 6.00mm to 6.04mm. This is why it's so important to check the diameter of your BBs, along with the given variance. For example, let's say you have a 6.01mm inner barrel in your Maruzen L96. Now let's say you decided to try out .28g Airsoft Elites as your BB of choice. You read in the description located on the website you purchase your BBs through that the BBs are manufactured to be 5.98mm in diameter with a +/- .01mm variance. This means each BB will most likely be 5.97mm to 5.99mm in diameter. Since this is smaller than your 6.01mm inner barrel, you should be fine. However, let's say you get a BB with a diameter of 5.99mm +/- .01mm and your rifle has a 6.01mm inner barrel, well now we may have problems. There's a good chance you'll eventually come across a BB that slipped through the sorting and has a +.02mm variance from the 5.99mm the BBs stated. Try firing a 6.01mm BB down a 6.01mm barrel and you have yourself a jammed gun. This is a pain to deal with on the field and could have easily been prevented. So know your barrel size, know your BB size with variance, and choose a quality manufacturer for your BBs. Speaking of that....

Heres a list of some good manufactures,

* Tokyo Marui
* KSC
* Excel
* Matrix
* Airsoft Elite (AE)
* Systema
* AIM
* SRC
* Stealth
* Maruzen
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:01 am

they aren't worse than cybergun bbs. Especially the .25's from cybergun. They have seams and indents everywhere. They are horrible. But crossman isn't that bad as long as you use it with something without a tightbore barrel. I use them in my gas pistol and they don't perform too badly, but in my rifle they blow. Just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
micr0mac
Sergeant
Sergeant

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:21 pm

k thanks for the input
and is it ok to use crosmans with the tsd m14?
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:44 pm

Yes I had the TSD M14 as a starter and they perform well in it. I think though, above anything, they screw up the Hop-up bucking. Those scratches and seams scratch up the rubber bucking and cause it to lose its circular shape, causing the gun to fire VERY innacurately.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
micr0mac
Sergeant
Sergeant

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:38 pm

ok, thanks
what do u guys use to see these scratches and seams?
also is the tsd m14 only inaccurate when using hopup, or just in general?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crosman BBs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosman BBs?   Crosman BBs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crosman BBs?
Page 1 of 1