Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

The ultimate DMR?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:49 am

Ok picking up my KWA m16 RIS DMR in a few months and wondering what should I add to it?? Shocked confused

What I will have on it already is a:
1) holosight Twisted Evil
2) 4 black rail covers tongue
options:
1) M203 RIS
2)foregrip
3) Bipod
4) Lower rail laser
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:52 am

well if you want a DMR you will need a holosight magnifier with twist off mount
one of those bi pod/fore grip jobbies your gun will be very heave with an m203 i carried one with a 3-9X32 scope and it was almost unbearable after about an hour of play
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 pm

true true haha but im trying to make it like a DMR and a riflemans weapon so I can perform both
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:33 pm

I hope you know that a SDMR(squad designated marksman rifle), is pretty much just a rifle in the hands of a skilled marksman... In the Army they may/may not give someone an accurized rifle, same goes for any other branch.

A DMR is a sniper rifle that was designed too shoot at a much higher ROF. Ie, a M21 or M1a thats accurized and tuned by the Army's marksmanship unit armorers. These guns are designated sniper weapons and only issued to trained DM's or Snipers. They are never issued with anything that would not be beneficial on the rifle(ie, M203's, red dots, etc etc). They are usually issued with a scope of some magnification, including ACOG's, as well as a PEQ(IR laser) of some sort, and a bi-pod if they have extra's in stock... Thats all that goes on the rifle. Why carry a M203 when you wont get issued 40mm grenades?

IMO it sounds like you are just trying to make an accurate rifle, with a few attachments... Which is alright, its just not a DMR though.... Nothing is wrong with stopping every once in awhile and providing long range support with a rifle, it doesn't have to be a DMR and I bet if you head to a MilSim game right now people will be doing just that. Performing precision rifle fire with a normal assualt rifle style replica. I talked with someone who did DMR "work" with an almost stock PTW, this specific PTW also only had a 10in barrel. He was covering people who were using M16's to clear an airfield at our local place. He did a great job of it too!

point being, you are probably not making a DMR, but that doesn't mean that you cannot perform the role of a DM with a normal rifle.

sticks
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:40 pm

oh ok lol Very Happy thanks for the info sticks Very Happy! your right! I want to be able to hang back if needed but I also want to be on the frontlines. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 pm

The M14 (a modified and much improved version of the M1 Garand) used to be a standard navy gun, but with the SOCOM'S birth it became a standard DMR for navy seals, marine, army rangers and almost all of the military.
It is still considered a rifle, but is even in some cases used as a sniper or countersniper. In addition many spotters use it.
Even though now most of the military runs around with M4's, the M14 will still be one of the greatest weapons in the American arsenal, not to mention it goes full auto...
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
sticks.13

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Creed all of the "M14's" in the US Arsenal have had their FA disabled. All of the DMR versions of the M14, are accurized and issued as M21's, M25DMR, or Mk14(?) EBR(with EBR stock of coarse)....

We are also starting to phase out the M14 system with th addition of the M110 SASS.... So I doubt you will say any M14 variants in combat service within a few years...

sticks
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Even the SOCOM?
I was watching Weaponology and they said it was full auto, am I correct?
The M21 is not full auto like you said, but the other M14 aren't either?
The M14 Socom is in service right now within the Navy especially.
If you look at this article, your right, but the M14 is in service...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M14_rifle
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

The ultimate DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate DMR?   The ultimate DMR? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The ultimate DMR?
Page 1 of 1