Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

BB's for UTG L96

Go down 
+5
Roamer
Ragnarock
Squirrelzz
sticks.13
Alabama_Sniper
9 posters
AuthorMessage

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:57 pm

I have been usin some no name .2's for my UTG L-96 sniper and they dont work well at all. I was wonderen what brand and what weight to use with my L96. Im thinkin .25's or .28's but I dont know. ADMIN would probly know but I am thankfull for anybodys help

Viper,
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:12 pm

Look on the front page under snipers 25 work best in mine however .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
sticks.13

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:11 am

any BB from .25-.30 will work fine in it. just remember the lighter the BB the higher the FPS and in most cases the shorter the range, the heavier the BB the slower FPS but the kinetic energy will carry it farther courtesy our great hop-up system. you will get great results with .30 but you might have to pre judge the targets movement a little more than you do now. no big deal i think for the added benefits. then again i shoot .25's in my gun with excellent results. but its shooting at 400FPS.

try testing a few different rounds out in your gun. it really does help.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Squirrelzz
Private
Private

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:21 am

Use 28s i heard are the best

Squirrelzz
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:19 pm

well, it also depends on the effective range you need. so, while a .3 might be more accurate, it wont travel as far. the best thing to do is find the range and accuracy that you are comfortable with
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:22 pm

I have to side with Ragnarock. While your heavier BBs will be more accurate, they will also have a shorter range. I think it is all about experimenting and finding your own personal niche. I think that if you shoot them enough, you'll quickly find the BB that is best for you.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:13 pm

i prefer .30s im all about accuracy, i can deal with the range lost ,, i want to try som .45 aluminums
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:48 pm

can't that really hurt someone sniper004?
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:06 am

Using heavier BB's forces you to move in closer, and thus decreases the ability to be a sniper
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:12 pm

ill still hit at 190ft with .30's and im not sure if heavyier bbs hurt more they move slower maybe theyd hurt less, but idk
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm

but there aluminum.
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:59 pm

Won't that hurt?
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:23 am

I think pain is only fun when it comes to airsoft
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:33 pm

most fields have banned the aluminum BB's. but a good alt. would be some digicon .36's or .43's. its pretty hard to find them. there really heavy too(the bag, so watch out if you are a lite player)

and if im not mistaken, the heavier the BB the farther they go because of momentum. someone wrote a formula awhile back but i cant seem to find it now.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:45 pm

Okay, physics time.
Momentum is a function of velocity and mass. The Momentum changes due to the change in mass. Different BBs will affect the change in impulse (momentum). Seeing how you are increasing momentum, you are decreasing the effects air particles have on throwing your BB off target (improved accuracy).

As far as what I said earlier and your objection to it Sticks. I don't know why I said that. I think for some reason or other they do go a shorter distance, but my reasoning was way off when I thought about it (with no research b/c I am lazy). I thought more mass would lead to more effect of gravity. Although two massive things will attract each other in space, the mass does not effect the acceleration due to gravity. This means (w/out lift and wind resistance) we could drop a feather off of a 5 story building with a hammer and the two objects would reach the bottom at the same time. This would mean if the different weight BBs are different in range, then there must be some other reason for it other than mass.

So why a difference in range (if there is one). I am just going to type while I talk myself through it b/c I don't feel like reading this after I am done for errors lol.
Your gun will supply the same force if you put a metal BB in it or if you don't put a BB in it at all. The spring is still the same spring with the same spring tension and it is still being moved by the same parts. BUT this force will not have as much of an affect on the heavier BBs as it would the lighter BBs meaning that the heavier BBs wont travel as fast? Seeing how no matter what you are shooting out your gun, with respects to the Y-axis, your BB will fall from the height of your barrel to the ground in the same time regardless of mass. So the only factor that is now to be practically considered is the velocity (how far can the BB travel before it is drug down to the Earth's surface?).

I should say that if the heavier BBs are to have a lesser range then it is due to the increase in momentum that in turn decreases the guns affect on the BBs velocity which shortens it's flight through the air. BUT the heavier BBs will be more accurate b/c they are heavier and will not be thrown off as much during flight.

Please note that I don't know what I am talking about, I just like to argue b/c one can learn a lot through arguing. My position isn't supported by another article about airsoft b/c quite frankly I don't read airsoft forums other than this one and I don't think I ever will. My position is only supported by my own twisted logic. I don't like to spend time on the internet researching things like this, I would rather play airsoft or guitar.
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Roamer wrote:

Please note that I don't know what I am talking about, I just like to argue b/c one can learn a lot through arguing. My position isn't supported by another article about airsoft b/c quite frankly I don't read airsoft forums other than this one and I don't think I ever will. My position is only supported by my own twisted logic. I don't like to spend time on the internet researching things like this, I would rather play airsoft or guitar.

That is not true Roamer, YOU DO KONW what your talking about. I might not be the smartest preson in my school, but i know what you're talking about. YOU ARE RIGHT!!! cheers You just don't know it. Cool

Last edited by SniperL96 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 pm

i actually got most of what your saying, which in your longer posts (which have such good info that they go way over my head... i still dont think im gonna make it in college Smile ) is very rare, because their so detailed.

theres one factor that you forgot to mention..... hop-up. and you might have been thinking about the BB speed a little differently than i am(if im wrong plz correct me, im more of a english/social studies type guy) i dont know how to put this into an equation but say that you are using a .20 gram BB. by moving faster i think its turning its potential energy into kenitic faster than a heavier gram BB (ie. .30). so in fact all its doing is expending its energy faster. which if there was no backspin on the BB then the above post would be correct, but since there is a backspin (hop-up) then i think its safe to say that the kinetic energy would transfer to fast (with a .20) if the FPS was over 400, but the kinetic energy would transfer to slow (.30) if the FPS was below 400. im not sure about the FPS but i was thinking about different Bb weights that ive seen in guns and thats the best i could come up with. sorry i know it was a half thought out thingy but ive been up since 5AM.... Sad

ill come up with a different more complete theory tomorow. i like this semi in depth stuff, my brains working hard Smile

sticks
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 pm

So what i'm trying to say is, listen to Roamer, but remeber Roamer, All this is really theraricoal. Yeah they may say it happens like that,BUT sciencetist haven't really proven it yet.

(PLEASE NOTE: not all this is pin-point accuarucy, so don't hold it againest if i get a detail wrong)

Sticks: That is true, the back spin has alot of effect on kenitic energy. that also makes the bb in a way,defiy gravitey, for long enough for the bb to get to its target.

Oh, i know how it feels to be up since 5am. now get up at 1am, hike 6 miles, then complain.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:48 am

You lost me when you said I at the top of the forum but I'll just nod along 25's work best in my rifle and I still get 445
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:13 pm

The backspin can be thought of as the backspin in pool. It is the same principle. When you hit the cue ball near the bottom it puts a spin on it commonly called english. When the cue ball encounters another ball the cue ball transfers momentum and the cue ball itself rolls backwards or stops. The only difference between airsoft and billiards in this respect is that the object ball is switched out for air particles. When the BB flies through the air and interacts with these particles, the forces caused by the spin on the BB (hop up) are such that it results in a force that lifts the BB upwards into the air which counteracts the acceleration due to gravity for a while until the spin wears off due to the friction between the BB and the air particles.

Again, not a hundred percent on this one, just speculating. Read it through, you'll understand it. No buddy is smarter than anybody else, we just have different strengths. We are all human and all made of the same things. Very nice discussion here guys, I am glad to see you guys tackling such a hard topic.
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:08 pm

FPS also has a affect on how much kenitic energy gets transfered into the BB. Just b/c you have 500fps,doesn't mean yours neccacerly is going to go further.

Once again, i don't have pinpoint knowledge on Physics.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:35 am

Ok, time for my thoughts.....

First of all great discussion, one can learn a lot from this.

There a couple of other factors that I would like to add to this discussion about bb's, energy, accuracy and distance. You mentioned hop up, and from what I have seen there are different types of material for the hop up bucking. Which is better and with create a better flight?

Second, I think you could see a difference with not only accuracy, but distance when upgrading your barrel. The consistency of the inner diameter of a precision barrel with improve the compression and resisting friction of the bb against the inner barrel. The inconsistency of a stock barrel can cause loss of energy due to the fluctuations in inner barrel diameter.

So couldn't one gain distance for there heavier bb, by also upgrading the barrel, without have to upgrade the mech-box to help with the loss of fps.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:10 pm

Agreed, it seems as though a more accurate inner barrel that reduced the amount of air passing between the barrel and the BB would increase the FPS... also the type of BB would come into play as well. A precision BB would fit the upgraded barrel more closely and would therefore allow the least amount of gaps while still being able to fly down the barrel.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:45 pm

NEW INFO THAT SOLVES EVERYTHING.

link:
300FPS: http://cybersloth.org/airsoft/trajectory/07-B-05.htm
350FPS: http://cybersloth.org/airsoft/trajectory/07-B-07.htm
400FPS: http://cybersloth.org/airsoft/trajectory/07-B-08.htm
450FPS: http://cybersloth.org/airsoft/trajectory/07-B-09.htm
500FPS: http://cybersloth.org/airsoft/trajectory/07-B-10.htm
550FPS: http://cybersloth.org/airsoft/trajectory/07-B-11.htm
600FPS: http://cybersloth.org/airsoft/trajectory/07-B-12.htm

the UTG L96 is in the 450 range, so i would look there.

Notice: i didnt do any of this, i was looking on another forum and noticed it by chance. ive been trying to find the charts for awile because i saw the 400FPS one awile ago. this was all done by the good people at CyberSloth.org

sticks
Back to top Go down
Beer.N.Gin
Private
Private
Beer.N.Gin

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:39 pm

Here's a link to simplify things. It's all in the spring that your using.

http://www.airsoftfaqs.com/technical-tips-and-diy/airsoft-technical-tips-aeg-springs-2.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BB's for UTG L96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB's for UTG L96   BB's for UTG L96 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BB's for UTG L96
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Airsoft Allies - Site Discussions :: Ask a Pro-
Jump to: