Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

MG42 Project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

MG42 Project Empty
PostSubject: MG42 Project   MG42 Project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:43 am

Ok so doing some dangerous and potentially expensive thinking tonight i've come up with a plan to do a custom gun project. I'm looking to make an MG42 since i've always liked the real gun and i can't afford or easily find a Shoei MG42. Body isn't much of a problem, i'll try and track down a non-working MG42 to use or i found an alternative body i could use already. Internally i'm having some trouble on what gearbox type to use, i'm thinking maybe a version 6, 7, or an L85 style GB. Since the real MG42 can spew out around 25 rounds per second that means Li-Po battery time for sure. So the GB and most of the internals need to be designed and built for speed, probably will end up putting a Systema Magnum motor in it as well. Barrel and hop-hop shouldn't be to hard to rig up but it's the feed system that's really puzzling me. I'll probably be using the drum mag instead of toying with a fake belt fed design. The mag will of course no doubt have to be custom built or modified from a real MG42 drum mag and i might put the battery for the gun in it as well. Firing mechanism and wiring should be pretty easy since i know some people. What i'd like to know is what version GB anyone might recommend using for this project and maybe some ideas on building the mag or anything else really. This isn't a project i'm going to undertake right now since i don't have the funds to attempt to make something like this. Maybe next year i can start this if college and life stay out of the way.

Also, if anyone knows of any pre-maid MG42's out there that i might of missed (only know of the Shoei) please tell me. I can imagine an already made airsoft AEG version of this gun would be easier to tweak and maybe even cheaper. I did a google search not to long ago and didn't turn up anything new.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

MG42 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG42 Project   MG42 Project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:17 pm

talk to killbucket, he knows a simple belt fed mech!
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

MG42 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG42 Project   MG42 Project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:09 pm

ya killbucket made a mg42 i thik
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

MG42 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG42 Project   MG42 Project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:55 pm

or at least the belt fed mech!
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

MG42 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG42 Project   MG42 Project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:24 pm

ya
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

MG42 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG42 Project   MG42 Project Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:04 am

Yeah i plan to ask him some questions once i get around to actually planing this thing out.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

MG42 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG42 Project   MG42 Project Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:14 am

"Watch your language" YOU KILLBUCKET. btw jking dude honestly u have rocked this forum in a matter of days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MG42 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG42 Project   MG42 Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MG42 Project
Page 1 of 1