Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

recently i got into an argument sort of

Go down 
+5
Lone Wolf
JARHEAD
white wolf
TheOneNamedMike
NoNeed2Hate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

recently i got into an argument sort of Empty
PostSubject: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 am

on another forum about CYMA and TM i basically said that CYMA makes a wicked AK and the people on the forum were all like "TM is way betteR" even though they are same thing

read it up on the link Very Happy http://www.858airsoft.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4662&p=37404#p37404

just curious about everyone;'s thoughts on TM vs. CYMA ak's here
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:31 am

You might think CYMAs are good, because you don't have a standard yet.
People who have experience high end guns, know the difference between low end and high end.
If you think CYMA is good, I'll bet you'll think KWA is better.

But back to your topic, I think the TM would be way better.
NO not because its a higher end gun, but because its completely upgradable, its good at stock, and ETC.

But thats just me...
Some people may like Cyma better, some might like TM better.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 am

yeah, all depends;
ROF
FPS
74/47
UPGRADES
ROLE
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:11 am

i believe cymas are decent, i mean ive never used any of their AEG's but from what ive heard they're great starter AEGs and well work, i mean for a low price its worth it. the thing is cyma was ruined for me evenwhen i was a plinker. I always got these springers at flea markets and on the box CYMA, so thats just me but if it works its good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:49 pm

TM's are just made better, not necessarily better performing. You get better reliability overall and the hop up is far superior. Its like buying a Sony TV over a sharp because it can picture blu-ray sharper.

From what I have heard about the CYMA 0.28 is really good. Never looked at one myself but I get good reviews most of the time. So I would get the CM 0.28.

Anyways I saw a few post in that forum you got in reply that are to say the least misguided...

Quote :
Reasons not to buy a CYMA?

1) They are crappy clones.

2) CYMA was sue-happy for a while. They tried to force decent airsoft manufactures out of the US so they could sell us their crap.

3) Buy cheap, buy twice.

So #1 They have produced crap in the past, but have redesigned some models in particular, the cm 0.28 to compete with JG/Echo 1

#2 What airsoft manufacturers in the U.S. lolz

#3 Just to reinforce his first point...redundant

But what was correct is the TM stock will pwn a CM stock performance wise, as I said earlier. However...airsoftallies then some easy upgrades later... (TBB, better quality bb's) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 pm

I have yet to find a clone AEG shooting anywhere from 350-400FPS that can out range a stock TM. yes they ARE just that great! Sure a CYMA is maybe $60 less than the TM's, but you will end up paying that $60 in accuracy and hop-up if not mechbox parts anyways....

This is by far one of the best explanations of the awesomeness that is Tokyo Marui!

"Reason, 858AS,
Two words: Fit & Finish.

TM parts are designed and spec'd for what they were suppose to do. Everything is the right size and shape. All the parts are constructed the right way. And the quality control is top notch. Most of these things can't be said for the companies that make clone guns.

Some of the specific things that TM's do that others don't:

-The mechboxes are cast in a way that allows most, (if not all), of the bubbles to disappear before the zinc hardens, thus adding strength. If the material is strong, there's no need to make it thick and heavy. (Thick and heavy can also hide more cracks and bubbles)
-The gears are cut, ratio'd, and weighted correctly for the power of both the spring and the motor that the AEG uses stock.
-The shimming is set up correctly.
-The gears and cylinder are properly lubricated.
-The wiring is soldered right.
-Most of the edges have been de-burred and polished.
-The TM workforce take time and pride in assembling their products.

Remember that TM was the first to make AEG's. They've put all the R&D into building them, and have suffered most of the initial failures and redesigns. Most of the clone companies have copied TM's refined offerings, then found ways to cut costs by using inferior materials, cutting corners in manufacturing, loosening tolerances, and/or using inexperienced assemblers. Add into the mix the myriad of "compatible" parts that are all ever-so-slightly off in measurements, and you have yourself an inferior product.

It's like buying a Porsche: There are cars faster and more expensive than it. And you can take a Honda Civic and make it faster and cheaper than one. But unless you do the work yourself and buy parts that were actually designed to work to factory spec, you'll never know if you're getting the same repeatable quality. And for how long.

Make sense?"

Thats exactly why TM's are so good.... You need to try one out for yourself before you nock them! Very Happy

sticks
Back to top Go down
HWgeneral
Corporal
Corporal
HWgeneral

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Well I think that everyone here is immediatly jumping towards TM simply because they are known to be a better brand. I would have to say I would take a cyma over a TM if it was an AK. I think CYMA makes probably one of the best AKs o the market.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:07 pm

HWgeneral wrote:
Well I think that everyone here is immediatly jumping towards TM simply because they are known to be a better brand. I would have to say I would take a cyma over a TM if it was an AK. I think CYMA makes probably one of the best AKs o the market.

exactly. my ak feels very sturdy. everything about it feels so perfect and balanced. TM in the end is just a brand. like picking hollister or vans over walmart brand clothes and shoes . they do the same thing Razz
Back to top Go down
HWgeneral
Corporal
Corporal
HWgeneral

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 pm

they both pwn noobs!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Since when was a TM only $60 more than a CYMA Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:54 pm

just to toss in a thought, i have my tm mp5 with like half the inner barrel lengh of my jg and yet the tm is twice as accurate and the marui just plain sounds great, the sound of the gb is like classical music compared the the 6th grade band music of the jg, it is quite possible i will never buy another non-Tokyo Marui AEG
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:57 pm

well not everyone has 300 or 400 dollars to throw away on an AEG
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:06 pm

I do very much enjoy the Cyma AK because of its internal simplicity. Its the trademark gun of the newbies at our local field because of its durability, ROF/FPS, and its CHEAP! Im looking into buying one for mil-sim events when I play as an OPFOR "Terrorist/Insurgent/Rebel".

Why spend more money on a TM when you can have a decent novice-level AS replica for $99?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:08 pm

also the fact that most of the "clones" are "TM compatible" means that we can customize them as we see fit. so its not like we are buying a totally standalone AEG. we are still buying a customizable AEG.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Precisely! If you get sick of the CYMA internals, you can always throw in some TM stuff once you have some extra cash. It'd be cheaper than buying a TM in the first place still cuz your not paying for the the TM brand name.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 am

right. besides most guns i feel the external parts will last a long long long time. (unless you are careless and drop it a lot) so all you really need to do is switch out the old bad gearbox for a new one etc. saves money. TM in the end is just a brand. sure they have a good reputation. but sometimes price is more important than reputation.

the reliability really depends on the user and how well they take care of they AEG and how often they use (i.e. how many games they play, or how many time they dry-fire or screw around with it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recently i got into an argument sort of   recently i got into an argument sort of Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recently i got into an argument sort of
Page 1 of 1