Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

one man tactics

Go down 
+16
alexkmmll
Insane Mercc
Jarhead999 76 65
Jackofalltrades
Titan
aveenvp
Spl. Durkee
white wolf
Jaeman
Omega Lambda
gapairsoft
Lone Wolf
M14 double-taps
JARHEAD
Someguy
NoNeed2Hate
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:33 am

anyone have any tactics that would be useful for a oneman team.

i would assume you would have to be very stealthy. always checking yours angles and always being in cover. your thoughts
Back to top Go down
Someguy
Private
Private

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:12 am

Don't let yourself get flanked. If you come up against 2 or more oppponents, its is often best to fall back.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:12 pm

i see. but what about tactics in general? like how to move to and from cover etc. since you have noone to cover you meanwhile. stuff like that
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:48 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
i see. but what about tactics in general? like how to move to and from cover etc. since you have noone to cover you meanwhile. stuff like that
keep a complete 360 degree view
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 pm

When moving from spot to spot, or waiting in hot spot you know is crawling with hostiles-
Prone is almost always the way to go. Not only are you less visible, but many players aren't expecting you to be super low. You can also stabilize your shots.
Though it takes awhile, when I play CTF at my locale field (I despise when they vote CTF, by the way) and I want to raise/lower a flag, I will crawl towards the bunker or foxhole the flagpole is in. Because chances are there are ALWAYS OPFOR watching it not too far away, and you'd be surprised how easily you can get inside the objective without anybody seeing/hearing you.

Last edited by M14 double-taps on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:43 pm

No offense, but it is the absolute MOST idiotic thing to do. You put yourself at risk, and its easier to get pinned then pwned. But it is just a game

Just being stealthy, knowing where you are, and being aware of the environment can get you places. And avoid confrontation...at all cost.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:04 pm

i think i will mostly find some people to team with. but this is for instance if my team all get hit etc. and i find myself alone. i would assume keep on the move, stay in cover, and if possible keep my back against a wall or tree in order to lessen the angles i need to cover. sound good?
Back to top Go down
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Yah i need to find a team to
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:11 pm

i think i already found a team though. one of my friends. so ill probably play with his group and be on his team. i am thinking about doing a big op hosted by evike. im going to try to be on their team and on his squad
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:14 am

Unless you WANT to get hit in the face, going prone and taking cover, etc. is a bad idea in airsoft. Anything you expose will get shot. And if all you expose is your face and your left hand then, well, you get the idea. Goggles have saved me a few times, but a full face mask sure would come in handy.

If you're alone, you need to be able to set up quick ambushes, then disappear back into the terrain. In my experience, those tactics have helped an inexperienced player best a team of three who had superior weapons, comms, and training. It was also a night game, so it was easier for him to disappear, but ambush&retreat is a proven tactic.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:37 am

They won't hit you if they don't know you're there, the whole point of going prone. If you're aware of your surroundings, you won't be crawling into waiting players and won't get pinned down.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Jaeman
Private
Private

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Omega Here knows what he's talking about, IF you can be sure that "they" don't know where you are, then going prone is an option, however, crawling is loud. If you're the last man standing, loud and slow are not your friends. as long as your buddies aren't around to provide background noise and keep the enemy pinned, I don't care how good or stealthy you are when prone, you need to learn not to rely on it for stealth movement.

In my experience, prone is only good if you plan to stay in relatively the same general area, yeah you can move some, but as the last man standing you really need to mix your stealth with a degree of speed. hit their backside or their flank, and while their group gets to cover so that the whole team can engage, get your backside out of there. if possible, maneuver around and attack them from the back. rinse and repeat.

Now granted, that's what works for me. you have your own playing style, so if it's not broken, why change it?

I found a paintball website years ago when I was into paintball that covers so many of these tactics in great detail. it's called Web Dog Radio, And it has a Tip Clips section devoted to tactics, tips, and general paintball stuff. most of it can be applied to airsoft, (though you might not find the technicalities of all the gear applicable.
for this situation I recommend Concealed Position Shooting, Cloverleaf Flanking, and Deep Woodsball P3

There's a lot of other great stuff there. Take a look around.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 pm

umm actually you can run fast while prone. its not hard Smile
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:30 pm

The best thing is to use a m249 then jocolor
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:31 pm

well i don't have a m249 Sad just an AK... hehe
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:20 pm

How exactly do you run while prone? You do know what prone means, don't you? But generally, it's a good thing to stay dynamic. Make sure it's YOU rather than OpFor who is deciding when, where, and how to make and break an engagement. Make sure your guns are pointed at them, while never allowing them to point theirs at you. Break off before they even know they were hit. First run, then hide. Wait for them to pass, then move on to your next ambush position.

Has anyone seen that History channel thing about Chess strategy vs. Go strategy? That's pretty much where I'm coming from.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:33 pm

you can run while prone. there's ways to do it. i know how Smile think gears of war. you'll know what i mean like a crouch run
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:42 pm

I thought prone was more than just keeping your head down, like lying on the ground to snipe. But yes, a good way to run is one where you can see where you're going while maintaining a low profile. Also, you should plan ahead where you're going to run to. Somewhere you can hide and let them pass.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:14 pm

ah sorry i confused the words >_< my bad.
Back to top Go down
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:42 am

you know when all else fails, high explosives don't.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:05 pm

gapairsoft wrote:
you know when all else fails, high explosives don't.

true, and literally, get high noise making and spark legal fireworks and chuck one in their general area and run
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:19 pm

I don't know what the law is where you are, but out here even "legal" fireworks are illegal if they're not used in July.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:27 pm

Omega Lambda wrote:
I don't know what the law is where you are, but out here even "legal" fireworks are illegal if they're not used in July.

Really? here as long as i buy them when i want i can use em when i want
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:50 am

fireworks are legal in states as long as you use them responsibly etc. but anywho. i have a basic idea on one man tactics after a backyard skirmish with some friends. stick to cover, run and shoot, until you reach the next piece of cover Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

one man tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: one man tactics   one man tactics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

one man tactics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next