Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Any way around this problem?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Any way around this problem? Empty
PostSubject: Any way around this problem?   Any way around this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm planning on puchasing a Hakkotsu Thunder B grenade from Evike...but don't want to have to pay $25 for a 12 pack of extra shells. Is there any way to use/make my own? Or do I even need to use the shells for it to function properly?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/hakkotsu-thunder-sound-effect-airsoft-paintball-simulation-grenade-p-30107.html
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Any way around this problem?   Any way around this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:10 pm

It looks like the device functions by slowly releasing CO2 pressure into the shell when the pin is pulled, and when the pressure becomes critical, the shell ruptures/breaks and makes a loud noise. So you'll need shells, but I don't know if you could make shells any cheaper than they can sell them to you. You'll just need to be aware during ops that this is about $3.50 per use including the initial cost, replacement shells, CO2, and the suggested total replacement after 20 uses.

I was just doing some math today and thought I'd include that one use of this grenade is about equivalent in cost to two hi-cap mags' worth of BB's. So all in all, not entirely unreasonable, but also not something that will only cost money once. Hope that helps. Very Happy

Last edited by Omega Lambda on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added something)
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Any way around this problem?   Any way around this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:04 pm

thats exactly what i was thinking spl!

i hate the fact that you buy a nade launcher, then pay for the shells, thanks for bringing this up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any way around this problem?   Any way around this problem? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any way around this problem?
Page 1 of 1