Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Mercinary Standards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

Mercinary Standards Empty
PostSubject: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:57 pm

I want to know how to reacte to someone who asks to be a Hired Gun or how you go about becoming an Airsoft mercinary at a skirmish or event. I already get the basic idea of being a mercinary. Your just an Elite soldier that has no set allegances or nationality to be used by the highest bidder. Essentaliy(sp).

Payment-what would be the standard payment for "services rendered" afterwards if they do good. Knowing that the player(s) helped your team succed.

Deployment- how would you deploy them in the field and amongst your group. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:06 am

Ah the airsoft mercenary or contractor. Payment could be anything like field admission if it was serious for like a OP. Or the merc is just playing to play.

Not many special standards. I would just go with the guy who is more experienced because I see him/her there every other week rather the guy who just started and has a lot of nice gear. So just a gun, skill, and able to work with various people.

I don't charge anything, unless it is a team asking me to fill in for a support gunner or DM at a OP. I basically just get to go for free because the guy not attending will be missing it so I get his pre-registered spot. Playing fo free.

Mainly I just play walk-on games with various people and pick about 4 people I can get along with and create a match-made squad just for the day.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:18 am

Whoa whoa whoa...airsoft mercinary? Take it too far much? Why would anyone pay you to participate in a hobby, no matter your skill level? Seems a bit..well...idiotic...for lack of better words.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:22 am

some of my friends friends who started airsoft used me as a mercinary, I got paid 1000 TSD BBs Very Happy but i would just look it, not get paid for it when I go to events
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:11 am

Spl. Durkee wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa...airsoft mercinary? Take it too far much? Why would anyone pay you to participate in a hobby, no matter your skill level? Seems a bit..well...idiotic...for lack of better words.

Did you read my post?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:47 pm

There was a thread like this awhile back... I suggest you search there.

The just of it is, there is no real Airsoft Merc.... Just teams that dress like contractors, and players that RUN with teams. By run I mean someone who participates with a team that they are not part of. Most of the time these guys are up for a place on the team as a recruit, or just enjoy blasting with friends, but do not care for the drama that takes part in a team....

I have done both types of "running" in my time, and I will say that each is very fun. I think that Contractor/Mercenary kits look pretty cool to. But there is no such thing as a real airsoft mercenary/contractor... Just people who like to "run"....

sticks
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:

Did you read my post?

What does your post have to do with anything Im saying?
Having a "hired gun", the litteral definition, in a mil-sim hobby is quite pointless.

Now a player that has a contractor/mercinary loadout or someone who plays freelance, thats another thing and my post had nothing to do with those people. I myself have a Blackwater USA (security contractor co.) loadout that I throw on when not at team-sponsored events where I play freelance.

I do recall a topic from a couple months ago on the same subject as sticks said, and the same conclusion was made.

Lock?
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:27 pm

@Spl. Durkee...your way off from what i am askin about. Being a Merc/contractor in airsoft is just about playing a role in a milsim type game or something as such. To me its just a character that appeals to me and i wanted to know more about its use in airsoft. When i wrote "Payment for services rendered" i really meant rewards, because if your TEAM that you play with all the time and they win you reward them with something, why wouldnt you do that to an add-on you use during your game. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:30 pm

But the second airsoft involves "rewards" for winning, cheating will boom!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Okay obviously there is some confusion
A airsoft "contractor" is not payed anything or given anything at. Maybe rolling with a team for free to fill in a position but that is at best a definition of airsoft contractor.

I agree Rewards for winning in airsoft would be retarded. Raffles after the game based on admission ticket would be best. And the cheaters get kicked off by the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:44 pm

My point exactly. Thread lock requested?

This really isn't getting anywhere...it's virtually identical to the mercinary topic from a number of months agol=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercinary Standards   Mercinary Standards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercinary Standards
Page 1 of 1