Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Empty
PostSubject: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:41 pm

My new Echo 1 M4 has an orange, metal flash hider. The problem is, I need to add a suppressor for my inner barrel upgrade. It has what looks like an Allen or Hex screw on the bottom, and a small pin on the side. How would I remove this? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:51 pm

You need a 1.5 mm hex wrench, a hair dryer, and maybe a channel-lock or vice grip. They use a water-ed down version of lock-tite on the flashhiders. Or they mold on a plastic FH.

Remove the hex screw then heat up the flash hider. Then use the channel-lock and rotate the FH going CW. All E1's have 14mm CCW threading.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:54 pm

How long do I need to heat it? I put the hairdryer on the highest setting for a few minutes and it wouldn't come off...
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:24 pm

If you have the Echo 1 M4, I was told it is impossible to remove it.
They used some sort of hot glue, and a local outlaw member told me it is litteraly impossible to remove, and I have to agree.
I've dipped the flash hider in hot boiling water, and that did nothing, i tryed turning the flat head, zip, nada, NOTHING!

If you want to put a barrel extenstion, I'm using the Madbull Gemtech HALO one, it fits over the bird cage flash hider
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:18 pm

no its removable if its metal. the plastic flash hiders are the ones fused with the outer barrel.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:44 pm

I have no idea where I got the idea that my flash hider was metal, its plastic... so i can't remove it?
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:48 pm

br55ftw wrote:
I have no idea where I got the idea that my flash hider was metal, its plastic... so i can't remove it?
no you can, make sure the bottom little "screw" thing is out, done with allen key, then take plyers and tighten and twist, the thing is the flash hider is glued to the outer barrel, so once you break the glue your home free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:01 pm

JARHEAD wrote:
no you can, make sure the bottom little "screw" thing is out, done with allen key, then take plyers and tighten and twist, the thing is the flash hider is glued to the outer barrel, so once you break the glue your home free.

That little Allen (Hex) Screw is out. I don't want to break the threads though. There is also this stupid pin in the side that worries me a lot...
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:55 pm

Well, I guess it's the stag 15 models that can't come out.
Because I tried to remove it, and it didn't work.
Same goes for another guy...
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Yeah, and mine is the Stag-15 series... crap...
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:24 pm

wel that little pin is just plastic and all it does is holds the flash hider there, it will break with force and as long as you turn the right direction, counter or clockwise, then youll be fine, if it has the hex screw and such then its ment to come off.
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:27 pm

It just came off... threads are a-okay. Thanks to JARHEAD for your suggestion of using brute force to get it off, and it looks like this is done. Thanks for your input!
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:41 pm

br55ftw wrote:
It just came off... threads are a-okay. Thanks to JARHEAD for your suggestion of using brute force to get it off, and it looks like this is done. Thanks for your input!

no problem, theres always a way to do something with brute force!!
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Yeah it just takes longer most of the time. Lol jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal   Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echo 1 M4 Flash Hider Removal
Page 1 of 1