Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!

Go down 
+2
Painkiller
Creed769
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Empty
PostSubject: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:34 am

I have alot of respect for the police, bbut everyday I have read something else about guns being taken and taken apart and stuff like that and moms going "oh little Johny got hurt call the cops." Why do the cops go along with it?
Ok all you police out there! Please don't take our stuff, it's not yours!
And you don't have to dismantle our gear either!
Ok all you moms out there! Please don't make our lives miserable!
And you don't have to make it illegal like many are trying!
If your kids are too stupid to be responsible don't do it!

GET INFORMED!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqK3jg3bo30
Fox I love you but seriously?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6u8VO_ngJk&feature=related
AIRSHOTS, all I got to say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xq6qeRy9E&feature=related!

I love Fox News, I love Moms (not creepy) and I love the Police, but come on guys why does this happen!
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but its like no one gets facts straight anymore...

This is a good article, it tells parents to consider risks, thats all!
http://www.thecitizen.com/node/6327
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 2:13 am

Actually a few police officers and deputies got me started in airsoft. They started out training with replica weapons and moved on to skirmishing. Don't be fooled though, if these same guys are called for a subject carrying an assault rifle, they are all business. I'd just follow the advice listed on most sites: Don't play in the public view. It's also a good idea to notify law enforcement when you are having a scheduled skirmish as well. The cops are just doing their jobs.

As far a "moms" go, kids should be informing their parents to what they are doing, especially if it involves getting shot at with replica weapons. If they are informed in advance and don't care, then yeah they should shut up. If they don't know what the kids are doing and one gets hurt...well I'd be PO'd if I'd be in their shoes. Informing the parents of underage players should be considered part of promoting the sport.

Play it safe and follow the rules (ie eye protection, minimum shooting distances etc), and no one should get hurt beyond a few whelps anyway. As I've seen is SEVERAL posts on this board and others, responsibility, maturity, and respect are huge parts of the game.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:10 am

Yeah, thing is News is out to make EVERYTHING a big story
like mrs jones got candy
"MRS JONES GOT CANDY, DOES THIS MEAN SHE'S SLIPPING ON HER JUNK FOOD BAN???!?!?!?"
see
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:14 am

Is it true? Did she really get candy?
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:17 am

well you get what I'm saying here are some others

"bird poops, could this be in protest of hybrids?"
and the police are always in for the best. even if they seem like jerks
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:35 am

Ya but what I'm saying is sometimes Police do unnecessary things, dissasembly and confiscation of guns, other times they do what is right;
Like this, completely reasonable take the guns away!
http://airsoftgun.blogspot.com/2008/01/two-arrested-in-airsoft-gun-shooting.html

Here's one I heard
The 12 year old boy was playing with his airsoft plastic pelletgun shooting plastic pellets at trees and street signs when one bounced off a sign and hit a passing car. The woman driver called the police but since there was no damage she did not want to be a victim. San Bruno Police still arrested the innocent boy for shooting the projectile

I would wonder about his parents. My kids played with toy guns too and they never shot anyone. The projectiles they used though didn't go very far and they CERTAINLY didn't " bounce off trees and hit street signs." they were not allowed to just shoot at anything; plastic or no.( by the way, by 12--they'd stopped "playing" with toy guns and went on to more grown up activities.) If the pellets are powerful enough to do bounce off things and keep going, they are powerful enough to do a little damage, like put a persons eye out. This is not to mention that a driver if they hear something hit their windshield, won't know immediately that they are being fired upon by a "kid" with a toy.
Here's a comment on this story;
The fact is that this "kid", SHOULD have known better. He certainly is old enough. 12 is just 1 year before becoming a teen! It's not like he was 6.

I don't think the idea was petty. The cops probably wanted to teach the kid a valuable lesson.

Even though bringing several VALID points up, this mom believes the Police wanted to teach the child a lesson! Is that there jobs! You can answer yourselves.
And Mom, if I was going to arrest your child just to teach him a "lesson" something parents or legal guardians should do BTW, would you be angry? So don't just brush it off...
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:46 am

yeah
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:30 pm

truelly i think people need to just lay off of the whole airsoft topic, airsoft isn't the thing that kills people, its real guns and ultimatly the bad guy, the gujns don't hurt them but the people do, so police need to crack down more on gangs and violence than airsoft.
and all these statons talking liek theyknow the sport are completly stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:24 pm

JARHEAD wrote:
airsoft isn't the thing that kills people, its real guns and ultimatly the bad guy, the gujns don't hurt them but the people do,

I see most of the points given on this thread, however irresponsible use of airsoft replicas is extremely dangerous. If a person is threatening me or my family with a weapon that even remotely looks real, they will be getting real steel 7.62mm in their direction. This is what law enforcement tries to prevent. I stand behind my previous statement...don't flash the airsoft guns around in public or play in public view and the cops should not harass or confiscate any weapons.

I can tell several stories of working EMS standby for barricaded suspects where police tactical teams surround houses and call in the snipers because the suspect "has a rifle". Can you tell an airsoft weapon from real steel at night or from a distance?

Maybe I'm understanding this thread wrong since I've worked closely with law enforcement (they've saved my butt multiple times, and I've transported injured officers as well).
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:41 pm

I love the police in my area but the suburban housewife militia is another concern. We still play out of sight and safely. IF we play anywhere near the public the host informs the law enforcement and they just stop by to check out everything.

One example I was going to a game and the police were right outside, well this younger policeman was absolutely FASCINATED with the airsoft guns because of their realism. And almost everytime I go to the airsoftatlanta, or ontargetairsoft there will usually be a cop buying a few things from tactical gear to airsoft ammo.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 pm

At least its not as bad here as it is in Great Britain where the population that is 29 and up have grown up to believe EVERYTHING they here on the "Tele" or read in the morning paper is the absolute truth. Their restrictions on airsoft and real steel are ridiclous(sp). I believe that many americans(not all) are more cinical about the news.
The Police-Where im at the police are more understanding if they are called to an airsoft realted call. I live litterally 30 ft from the cop for my area and hes really cool. if i invited him to do airsoft with me and my friends he would. Its all about the region and the culture of the people along with how naive someone is.
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
I love the police in my area but the suburban housewife militia is another concern. We still play out of sight and safely. IF we play anywhere near the public the host informs the law enforcement and they just stop by to check out everything.

One example I was going to a game and the police were right outside, well this younger policeman was absolutely FASCINATED with the airsoft guns because of their realism. And almost everytime I go to the airsoftatlanta, or ontargetairsoft there will usually be a cop buying a few things from tactical gear to airsoft ammo.

Well said. The "fascinated" cops are the same type that first exposed me to airsoft. These are the ones to cultivate to help save our hobby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!   Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police, the good, the bad and the downright annoying!
Page 1 of 1