Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Just lovin it!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 pm

I was browsing a paintball forum when I stumbled apon this:

"I know paintball isn't meant to be MIlSIM. But there are many paintballers out there who try way to hard to act like soldiers.

This is all my opinion and it is a reason i moved to airsoft.

The truth is, there is no "milsim" paintball. Wearing a pod pack and camo, using an a5, playing woodsball is not milsim.

Looks look at this, have you ever seen a group of paintball players trying to act like soldiers, and a bunch of airsofters trying to look like soldiers? They differance is HUGE. I am not trying to turn this into a airsoft vs paintball thread.

Look at the gun. There is no way a paintball gun can actually be used for milsim. You can try to turn it into an m4 by transforming an a5. You can try to make a sniper out of a 98c. But it wont work. You have a huge hopper that sticks out on top. Even if you have a rap4 with magazines or a t9, the magazines are ridiculously expensive.

Most milsim paintballers will not use a MOLLE vest. They will just get a paintball vest, like a flurry. You are covered in pods, you have a tank on your back. You use a remote line which gets caught on numerous bushes and trees. Even if you use a MOLLE vest with rap4 magazines, 12 gram co2, and a rap4 m4. Not everyone will have that. There is also the mask. Having to wear a bulky, hot, sweaty, mask 24/7 on the playing field gets extremely uncomfortable. You lose the ability to communicate well, and you lose alot of vision.

If you want to get super MILSIM, i recommend airsoft. Seriously. I am a paintballer and an airsofter (mostly airsofter)and I have tried milsim paintball and milsim airsoft. The difference is HUGE. I recently went to a CQB training led by a IDF spec op and that was something you will never encounter in paintball.

Paintball = Tournament and Woodsball
Airsoft = Milsim and skirmish

You can try and try and try but you will never be able to get paintball milsim. Sorry. I am not trying to convert you to airsoft, but I am saying that Airsoft is milsim. Paintball isn't,"

I consider that a win, this coming from a paintballer. granted he got flamed pretty bad for mentioning airsoft, but some agreed with him, so thats good.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Good find. It has alot of well thought out points. he should have said that airsoft is better suited for MILSIM but he didnt and thats just as cool jocolor
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:09 am

Pfft i splatter threads exactly like this to every PB forum i go on. Then i get banned Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:34 am

Even when i was a die hard baller i hated the whole mil-sim image. Now i've seen a few guns that actually look very nice and few that were made from real steel guns with great detail. But like it's already been said, running a tank and remote looks stupid, pods are not mags, and there really isn't a way to begin to describe loaders. Also 99.9% of the stuff you'd fine on an expensive mil-sim paintball gun is just for looks and has no function, even optics are useless when it comes to paintball.

So yeah basically all those "hardcore" mil-sim guys are wasting hundreds if not a grand or more on trying to look like soldiers when the closest they've gotten is wearing camo.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:18 am

exactly. all those expensive rap4s also run for about a grand each, therefore airsoft is more economical.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Cool thing with some of the RAP4's though is that they can be converted to airsoft.
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:00 pm

really? I've never heard that. But it's impractical considering the price of a rap4. just get an airsoft gun for that much.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:07 pm

hmmm, interesting, haering that a paintballer changed to airsoft. Usually when they start paintball they get convinced into the i hate airsoft and theyre all, words i will not say here.
so i like it, showing change in the world. one player at a time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:09 pm

The price is crazy but he plays both airsoft and paintball. But i tell you having .40 BB's flying at you at around the ROF of a KWA with li-po is disconcerting. Plus the sound is insane when he rips on it since it's air powered.

I was every bit an airsoft hater when i played paintball. But when things started changing in the world of paintball and of course i finally got sick of paying close to a $100 to play one day i took another look at airsoft.
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:33 pm

yeah, I hate having to pay $60 per case of marballizer when I go. Xball just isn't cheap Mad . (EDIT: plus $20 admission)

.40 gram bbs?!? that could hurt someone.........
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 pm

I never got shot by him but yeah they can hurt, he was shooting around 400-500fps as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just lovin it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just lovin it!   Just lovin it! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just lovin it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: General Airsoft Discussion-
Jump to: