Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!

Go down 
+9
white wolf
TheOneNamedMike
sticks.13
Spl. Durkee
Omega Lambda
M14 double-taps
sniper_32
JARHEAD
Admin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Hello everyone,

First off, I'm glad you're back and didn't give up on Airsoft Allies! As I'm sure most of you have noticed, for the past several days Airsoft Allies has not been functional. Most likely, you were redirected to a Godaddy.com parked webpage. When a member first brought this unfortunate setback to my attention, I immediately took action to locate and fix the problem. Unfortunately for all of us, it was completely out of my hands and no quick fix. My website hosting company, who's been great through this mess, was trying to switch servers in order to give their customers (me and, indirectly, all of you) better service. In their attempt to give us better security and website "uptime" by switching to newer, more powerful servers, they ended up having to revert back to their old servers because of the mess the new servers were causing. The servers they attempted to switch to weren't compatible for whatever reason, and the techs at my hosting company did their best to restore us using the old servers as quickly as possible.

I've been assured by the company that this matter won't happen again, and that they'll soon be making an investment into new, more reliable servers that will actually work this time. As upset that I am that this happened, I am happy to be back and I hope all of you didn't miss Airsoft Allies too much. I GREATLY appreciate your patience in this situation! Any comments or questions you have for me about this issue either post as a reply to this thread or in a PM to me.

Again, I greatly apologize for this inconvenience and I have plans on a few upcoming contests to make up for it Wink

Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:38 pm

i missedthe site soo much, thanks for the info admin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:58 pm

YAY! i was wondering what was going on ^_^ welcome back all!
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Woo!!!! I re-connected my Itouch to the Net and got back on AA in the same day!! ADMIN, you can disregard the last Email I sent if you like, seeing i'm back on now. Way to go ADMIN on a quick fix!! Nice job!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 pm

I don't mean to sound dramatic, but this morning I clicked on my bookmark for this site, saying to myself "If AA is still down, I'm removing this bookmark," and to my amazement, you were back online. I was afraid this site was lost forever without explanation, but I'm sure glad I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

WOOHOO! ITS ALIVE!

Welcome back everyone. Glad to have my life back...I mean...ya...
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
WOOHOO! ITS ALIVE!

Welcome back everyone. Glad to have my life back...I mean...ya...

"Glad you took my life back"

Fix'd for ya! Laughing

sticks
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Lolz the only thing Im bummed about is that someone got rid of my latest thread...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Omega Lambda wrote:
I don't mean to sound dramatic, but this morning I clicked on my bookmark for this site, saying to myself "If AA is still down, I'm removing this bookmark," and to my amazement, you were back online. I was afraid this site was lost forever without explanation, but I'm sure glad I was wrong.

I understand your frustration. It took WAY too long to get our site back up and running; I was afraid we'd lose members as a result. Hopefully everyone comes back and doesn't make the mistake you almost did Wink

Glad you're all here!
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Soo admin, with you being here, does this mean you'll be on more often? heheh.
Get married yet man?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:47 am

TheOneNamedMike wrote:
Soo admin, with you being here, does this mean you'll be on more often? heheh.
Get married yet man?

Cool I hope to be. Times are tough, but I'm doing what I can! No wedding yet, we're in the frantic planning stages as of right now! Man, I've missed this forum!
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:45 am

Well, Admin, mind if I show you a video..?
One of my heros made this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSlYawuykho

Hopefully, it lets you know the joys of wedding planning...
And calms you down a little bit..
Juuust a little bit.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:22 pm

WOW

I MISSED A WHOLE THREAD ON THIS FOR SCHOOL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
finally its back, can't wait to check the fourms
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 pm

I actually complained to my friend at school about it being down and i was slapped.

Its good that its back up.....hopefully for a long long time... jocolor
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Insane Mercc wrote:
I actually complained to my friend at school about it being down and i was slapped.

Its good that its back up.....hopefully for a long long time... jocolor

yep, exact same, exept the slap Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:27 pm

Zulu Two Six wrote:
YOU WATCH SMP FILMS TOO!
Yep I do,
He inspires me his biography,
and he makes the best videos ever, hahaha
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:41 am

getting a little off topic..... but
I love them too.....
Back to top Go down
mas
Corporal
Corporal
mas

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:47 pm

the forums were down? i had no idea Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:21 am

Hehehehehe
LEAVE
jk cmon mas you gotta become a more hardcore AA fan but at least i know if it goes down i still have WARPIGS.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:32 am

Hmmmm I suspected something was up.. I for one had no problem connecting to the forum and posting, etc, but I noticed there was hardly anyone posting in the last few days.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 am

this should be locked
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:36 am

OHHH Wait this was when the forum was down like a month ago...Not the past few days...

TOPIC LOCK.

Reason: This topic is old!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!   FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FORUM DOWN - Welcome Back Everyone!
Page 1 of 1