Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Zombie survival for when it does happen...

Go down 
+16
DrummerBoyz95
K1nG
mgunner564
gapairsoft
sticks.13
aveenvp
sniper_32
Creed769
Lone Wolf
JARHEAD
Omega Lambda
Insane Mercc
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
djstasevich
white wolf
p51dmustang
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:49 pm

my plan is to pack my backpack and go hiking on the appalacian trail, bringing some sort of gun. then I will hike into town about every 3 days to resupply. in western maryland there are plenty of gun shops.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 pm

aveenvp wrote:
my plan is to pack my backpack and go hiking on the appalacian trail, bringing some sort of gun. then I will hike into town about every 3 days to resupply. in western maryland there are plenty of gun shops.

i bet, and virginia
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Why not hunt out on the trail?
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Again, ALL the gun shops in the country WILL be looted IMMEDIATLY after the infection and panic starts. Maybe if you are one of the ones doing the looting then u might get some stuff but i highly doubt it. If you like wanna hike i don't think ittl work cause in the outskirts the Zombies(depending on type of infection) will be there as well. They wnt just stay in the towns after awhile.
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Wow great discusion, but... With a large ship you need to remember one thing, and thats the possibility of ....

A) Zombies already on the ship, wich means you have to clear EVERY INCH of that ship

B) Pirates. Even if you can defend your self the first few times with your m21, a pirate might be able to get a missle off, wich means you now have to seal off part of your boat or abandon ship, both of wich can get you killed

C)infected (but nonzombified yet) getting on your boat. unfortunately, in this situation, this means the possibility of the infection spreading, wich means you might have to kill family, friends, ETC.

D) Propulsion. Im not realy sure, but doesnt every ship ever built have some form of propulsion? and if you get on an old battleship, How are you going to fuel it? Im pretty sure that you need ALOT OF FUEL to get a ship moving, something that a Museum ship like the U.S.S. North Carolina doesnt have

And for all you island goers, what about zombies that go out to see? all it takes is one uninformed civilian, and a pendemic could ocur on your little island paradise. acording to Max Brooks's Zombie survival guide, zombies can drift aimlessly at see for months, wich means its quite possible for an infected to fall off a boat, or go into the sea and show up thousands of miles away

WW has the right idea, in a class 1 or minor class 2 outbreak, your home will be secure enough to hold out against the zombies. all you have to do is

1) STAY CALM

2) gather enough suplies to last atleast 2 weeks

3) fill the bathtub with water, so you can have water

4) Gather bolt action/ semi auto only weapons, pistols and shotguns. automatic weapons are not advised beceause why shoot 5 times and waste ammo when 1 shot willl do just as well. Us airsofters understand this, beceause how many people do we see at games spraying 20000 rounds down range, and get only 4 kills, when acurately fired shots will do just as well, with more ammo conservation. honestly who here would just open up on the zombies with an mg42 if given the shot? Probably everyone. Who here would be happy with there pappy's semi auto .22 with a 3-9 scope? probably very few.

Also, grab the ear plugs constant moaning can drive people insane. People in perverbial fortresses have killed eachother beceause it drives you mad.
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Hold on let me clarify outbreaks for you

Class 1) 1-20 zombies, 1-50 cassulties, ussualy in either a 3rd world country, or rural areas, ussualy some form of Gov't coverup

Class 2) 20-100 zombies in a 100 mile radius, several hundred cassualties, ussualy in a heavily populated town, or a small city, ussualy attempted coverup

Class 3) Thousands of zombies that can take up an area the size of most European countries, or parts of the U.S. possibly millions of cassualties. Full blown Zombie War. No chance of coverup

Class 4) See Zombieland. Whole world is Zombified, with some pockets of human life, ussualy up north or on small well hidden islands. No actual gov'ts remain, so BAndits are rampint. Humanity is no longer the dominant speceis. Goodbye EArth as we know it.
Food chain goes...
1) Zombies
2) Humans
3) everything else alive

More tomorow
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:17 pm

By the way all my notes are based on the Solanum zombie virus wich kills everything it inffects, but only reanimates Humans
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Yea what would we do if this was a virus from unnatural causes. Lets say it was man made?

Remember I Am Legend?
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:31 pm

same basic principles, except that it would be man made, like in RESIDENT EVIL!!!!!!!! WOOTWOOOT!!!!
except maybe they wont last a long time in wates
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Well besides me believing that this will never happen(when I'm alive). Things I would do, steps 1-3.

1: eat all the food in the house, those "Watch your language" zombies wont get my wonder bread!

2: put on eagle RRS-V with all my gear....

3: walk outside to great zombies with some 12G buckshot, hopefully getting infected before I die.

Who knows, being a zombie could be something cool like a never ending extasy trip(never done ex, speaking from what I have seen as a "caretaker")... Or in my situation, a Valhalla situation(aka totally bad ass)....

Insane Merc, I highly doubt that ALL gun stores would be locked up. Heck, I highly doubt the majority would be locked up... Look at Katrina, people looted the gun stores just hours before the hurricane hit. Their owners were probably 400 miles up the coast....

sticks
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Where did i ever say "locked up" i said they would be Looted.

@ Mustang
A-agree
B-Disagree, what pirates could opperate a missile system and stay supplied themselves.
C-agree, This is just apart of the life you would have to get used to
D-If your getting on a large ship of any kind it will probly be a museum ship. so no fuel and shipyards will be fairly easy to clear and defend.

If a zombie is found on the isalnd it would be killed on confirmation that it is infected. if a Boat shows up then it would be quarntined and made sure there isn't any infected on it.

I would take the 22 over the M21 anyday because if your 22 has a scope you could have near 150 yards of range AND when a 22 bullet enters a skulls it will bounce around and mash up the Brains. and 22 rounds are really common.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Do zombies only eat human flesh? And how long can they go without feeding?
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:54 pm

It would depend on which movie zombie. the classic zombie can go for years even after they eat all the humans. They eat humans only.
The Resident evil zombie does the same thing but it gets at everthing that alive and beating.
The I Am Legend ones get humans by biting and an airborne agent and they can spread with animals after a bite only.
Then the comdies(Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, etc) don't shed to much light on the type of zombie they were.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:03 am

There's no way they could shuffle around for years without food. It's a simple matter of not having the calories to do work. I would imagine they would frenzy like sharks when food is plentiful, eating everything in sight, and be more like spiders when food is scarce, curling up and staying in one place unless they detect a disturbance.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 am

It depends on the metabolism of zombies. A zombie is essentially a decaying corpse because the regular bodily functions are interrupted...especially systems like the immune system. The more you damage a infected person the shorter their life should be depending on how fast they rot out. Every day our bodies are exposed to millions of different spores of fungi.

And I agree with Lambda. Zombies should be able to rest reducing their metabolism drastically.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:13 am

Well yeah thats the most logical thing. they could evolve more to the point of just hibernating. or get smarter and start to hunt people. I just stated the Hollywood types. soom of them might be more logical but they are what is learned.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:19 am

Well according to Max Brooks the virus Solanum or similar strain will disable all mental capacities.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:23 am

they wont think. If they are attacking people to feed then its on Basic instinct alone. So they will have no higher brain function(if its the right term) but they could evolve like most animals. Now that i think about it once the shark evolved to the point of perfect hunter they just stopped evolving. they would just adapt to their envirnment. so would the zombie do the same thing/
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:28 am

Well the zombies themselves do not evolve...there is no such thing as zombie sex. (LAWL) The virus itself depends on cells to create new copies of itself, and inject its DNA into the victim's system.

What makes no sense is if you understand how a virus works. It doesn't change the genetic code of a cell. It tells the cell to produce copies of the virus to the point the cell explodes in on itself. Maybe it works by reproduction in bacteria or brain cells then injects genetic code into a muscular cell...I honestly don't know
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:33 am

HAHAHAHA Zombie sex lol I think it would be a little Stiff...........get it..

I think your on something with the brain producing more of the virus in the brain cause in the order to gaurntee you kill ANYTHING is to damge its ole computor(no pun intended). i wonder if the Government has put any serious effort in figuring this kinda stuff out. to see if its possible....?
Back to top Go down
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 am

ya'll are getten really deep in these
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:25 pm

I HOPE ZOMBIES COME AND KILL CHINA BECAUSE OF KILLING CHINESE CLONES
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:36 pm

"Watch your language" yes we are getting into this because its one of those things that you aren't sure about and have to be ready. its really just a excersise in common sense to me so why not
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:55 pm

i would head for the closest military instalation about a 1/2 hour car ride from my house i would bring for weapons:

dad's bushmatser, chambered in .223 with an ACOG and can (it has neither the ACOG or can but i thought it would be fitting xD

his 870 slug gun

and last but not least his prized Browning Highpoint (9mm) [ it cost more than the bushmaster ]

my hydro pack filled with water

high calorie and protien snacks like chips and venison jerky

extra ammo

medical supplies and my inhaler

I would only travel by day and seek a fortified shelter by night. after i reached the Agusta Natl. Gaurd base/ small airport i would take a small plane with my cousin Scott as poilet to the Brunswick Navel Airbase. from their i would take the most fuel efficent plane i could find and fly to the place were the virus is the least present which would probably be Northern Canada.

If worst comes to worst i would take the supply list above and head to one of the many small islands off the coast of Maine on a few of which will probably be shelters for the un-infected.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:58 pm

HAHAHAHA can't forget the inhaler...if you have asthma or something and your getting chased by an Infected then your screwed!
YAY someone agrees with my Northern Canada idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie survival for when it does happen...
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next