Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?

Go down 
+4
Alabama_Sniper
M14 double-taps
Admin
ard777
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:04 pm

So i was looking at the cybergun thompson AEG. it seemed like a great gun, and i've read reviews, and watched them on youtube, that say this gun could be even better than the TM version. All i want to know is if this is a pretty good gun for.. not an extreme player, but for someone who plays with their friends like 3 times a week in the woods. thanks
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:11 pm

p.s i'm new to the forums from today, so any help is much appreciated. thanks.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:24 pm

one more thing lol i'm really impressed with the forums here, this is easily the best airsoft forum site. thanks for everyones help.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:59 am

Ard777, welcome to forums! And what an interesting gun. To be honest, this is my first time looking at the Cybergun Thompson - I had no idea it existed. The lowest price tag I can find is $180 plus whatever shipping and handling would be. This is a tough call considering the next thompson that's worth looking at is over $100 more. Even though the gun looks good, has a metal body with a metal internal setup as well, I'd be extremely cautious when spending that much on anything Cybergun. They tend to be a pretty risky company to purchase through. The only time I'd recommend buying that version is if there was no way possible you could afford the Tokyo Marui version but you just had to have a Thompson model for whatever reason. I don't want to sound like nothing Cybergun makes is worth purchasing, I just know with how little money I have I don't want to put it towards a gun manufactured by a company that has a reputation of producing short-lived replicas. But it's your choice. And to be honest, most likely at some point any AEG will give you some sort of problem, so go with something that does have a good reputation at being a quality gun, but more importantly one that you're sure you'll love.

P.S. from now on when you'd like to add something to your thread in the manner you did, simply click the edit button on your previous message - there's no need to keep adding new posts when no one has posted any replies since your last post. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:08 am

Alright, thanks. I'll think this more through.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:00 pm

ard777 wrote:
Alright, thanks. I'll think this more through.

Very cool. But please don't let me talk you out of going for a gun. Just because they've had the reputation of producing cheap guns, doesn't mean all their guns are cheap. I just meant that personally I wouldn't take that risk worth $175. I'd hate to steal your dream of owning a Thompson.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:41 pm

ok. i see what you're saying with this. i'll look at more reviews, but from what i've read and heard so far, its a pretty good gun, even though it is cybergun. Plus i believe it is 100% TM upgradeable, so if anything goes wrong i could upgrade it. i've heard lots of good and barely any bad in the reviews, but i'll read more. thanks for the input!

ard
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:55 pm

Alright, i guess i'll go with this gun. I've looked at all the reviews i can find, youtube videos.. o ya my friend has one too. its actually a very nice gun considering that its a cybergun, and it still is a great gun after about 1 year. When i get it, i'll tell everyone how good it is, but i don't think this will break.

ard
p.s i know its risky, but i have a feeling about this gun lol and i will put pictures up soon.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Hello. I just got the cybergun thompson, and its better then expected. here are some pictures...:

https://servimg.com/view/12675413/3

https://servimg.com/view/12675413/2

https://servimg.com/view/12675413/4

That last picture is my Thompson next to my current sidearm, the dinky Smith and Wesson spring M4506, but fires at a solid 310 fps, so its ok for an experienced beginner, like me. Reply to the photos or whatever.

ard
p.s the second picture is blurry, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:19 am

Hey ard777! You and I are both new here, huh? I am a VERY proud owner of the Cybergun Thompson.....BEST decision I have ever made. I think one of the really great things about this gun is how REALIABLE it is. I have had for almost a year now, and no wobbles/shakes still. It's an extremely sturdy and solid gun. It has never jammed on me. Not once. It has the most accurate Iron sights I have ever seen. And the noise it makes when shot is a very delightful CRACK! It sounds SO scary! Very Happy The fps is CRAZY- stock is off the wall. However, Im sure you know by now that the ROF is a little slow-but the Supreme accuracy and power of this gun make up that, I'm serious. This thing is a beast, In a month I had about 20 kills with it. And if you get a 9.6v battery, you get an extreme FPS met with a ROF of about 900 RPM. I would HIGHLY reccomend this gun, man. check out my post under Picture/Videos to see pictures of the Thompson in action!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:17 pm

yes i'm new here, and i have had this gun for about a month and a half. It rocks! The only time it's ever jammed is from bio bbs and the fps is pretty insane! Very accurate also. Just like you i am a proud owner. Thanks for commenting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:34 pm

I actually found this gun for $85 with shipping. Kapowwe also sell store returns for these for $75 +$10 for tham to test it and another $15 dollars for shipping.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:18 pm

I say its good .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
mercenary
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:41 pm

the cybergun manufactured by cyma is an excellent copy of the Tokyo Marui... easy to disassemble. on the heavy side but can be good for both field and cqb use. It has a version 6 gbox.. parts you will need that may be a little difficult to find would be the V6 metal bushing, not sure abt the cylinder head and air seal nozzle. V6 is a mix of V2 and V3.

Chopping some plastic dividers in the butt stock will give you more space for the batts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:08 pm

M14 double-taps wrote:
Hey ard777! You and I are both new here, huh? I am a VERY proud owner of the Cybergun Thompson.....BEST decision I have ever made. I think one of the really great things about this gun is how REALIABLE it is. I have had for almost a year now, and no wobbles/shakes still. It's an extremely sturdy and solid gun. It has never jammed on me. Not once. It has the most accurate Iron sights I have ever seen. And the noise it makes when shot is a very delightful CRACK! It sounds SO scary! Very Happy The fps is CRAZY- stock is off the wall. However, Im sure you know by now that the ROF is a little slow-but the Supreme accuracy and power of this gun make up that, I'm serious. This thing is a beast, In a month I had about 20 kills with it. And if you get a 9.6v battery, you get an extreme FPS met with a ROF of about 900 RPM. I would HIGHLY reccomend this gun, man. check out my post under Picture/Videos to see pictures of the Thompson in action!!

How do you know it is 900RPM? Are you just guessing?
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:08 pm

Stick a mag in. Hold down the trigger for 1 minute then count how many rounds you have left in your mag and subtract it from the total your mag can hold. If you shoot your whole mag in under a minute 'happy reloading'

*I DO NOT ENDORSE. BUY A CHRONOGRAPH OR BUY A NEW MB*
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Ace wrote:

An airsofter at my locale shop worked it out for me. I'm still not exactly sure how he did it- But My SOC16 shoots 850-900 and my thompson Is now moving a little bit faster. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:57 pm

M14 double-taps wrote:
Ace wrote:

An airsofter at my locale shop worked it out for me. I'm still not exactly sure how he did it- But My SOC16 shoots 850-900 and my thompson Is now moving a little bit faster. Cool

hmm, could you ask for us. You realize that a MG puts out nearly 1000 + RPM so your guy is getting really up there.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:

hmm, could you ask for us. You realize that a MG puts out nearly 1000 + RPM so your guy is getting really up there.

What do you mean? I'm sorry I don't understand tongue
I can be a little slow at times. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:59 am

MG=Minigun
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Guys, measure your ROF the easy way, if you have a mike, and wave editor, record a 6 sec. burst, leave out the first second because of motor spin up, count your shots and multiply by 12, real simple.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:41 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
MG=Minigun

Oh....I thought MG meant Machine Gun. And I'm pretty sure a Minigun shoots 4,000 RPM, and a 7.62 bullet.

But what I was asking was, what do you want me to, exactly? Are you asking me to measure my RPM?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?   Cybergun Thompson:  Good or Bad? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cybergun Thompson: Good or Bad?
Page 1 of 1