Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

A tightbore?

Go down 
+2
Lone Wolf
K1nG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
K1nG
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1nG

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:53 pm

My barrel length for my P90 is 250mm.

If I get this which is 357mm.

And use this on the outside of the barrel which is 112mm.

What good will this do for me.

I know it'll be more accurate what else.

How will it be different if I just get a tightbore with out the silencer or the longer barrel just one that fits my gun.

Will all of this work well? Please answer everything.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:03 pm

The barrel should work well. As for the suppressor, I am no big fan because of its price. Usually in this scenario I would make my own suppressor out of PVC then thread it to 14 mm CCW. It is actually quieter because of the plastic, that is if your plan is to suppress the pop the bb makes when it leaves the barrel.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
K1nG
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1nG

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:28 am

Will the silencer fit on the barrel and cover up the part that sticks out of my gun?
Back to top Go down
TechGeek001
Private
Private
TechGeek001

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:21 pm

There's several silencers on the market that do that, yes.
Price is certainly an issue on these things (decent ones with both +14mm and -14mm at about $30) and I know my buddy Omega Lambda wend and made one himself and it worked just fine. Me personally, I'm a fan of professionally made, machined bits for my gun, and would recommend that you get one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projectxenon.org
K1nG
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1nG

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Here is my gun.

[img]A tightbore? File0010[/img]

My barrel.

[img]A tightbore? File0011[/img]

My final words. Will this tightbore, and this barrel, fit well around my gun not lose or anything.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Your gun should have spacers and the length of the barrel wont matter i would think. Are you going to make a mock suppressor?
Back to top Go down
K1nG
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1nG

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Insane Mercc wrote:
Your gun should have spacers and the length of the barrel wont matter i would think. Are you going to make a mock suppressor?

Mercc, I don't know what a spacer is. Look at the first part of the post.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Well John....a spacer is a piece of plastic that slides on the inner barrel and keeps the inner barrel and outer barrel centered.
Sorry for my lazyness...i didnt read your post....atleast you learned what a spacer is........and the suppressor wont do anything BTW

Last edited by Insane Mercc on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Well thats the advantage of making your silencer, you can cut it to the exact length you need.
Back to top Go down
K1nG
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1nG

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:10 am

Guys, this isn't helping. I don't care if my gun isn't silent. If I get this barrel, 107mm will be sticking out of the gun. The MOCK silencer is 117mm. If I put the MOCK silencer on my threads will everything fit.
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:10 pm

yes, everything will fit perfectly, But, you have to remember that the threads are a couple MM long. Therefore, I always get a longer silencer to cover the inner barrel. Believe me, I have gone through this with my M4.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
TechGeek001
Private
Private
TechGeek001

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:03 pm

I imagine if worst came to absolute worst and your inner barrel stuck out a little bit, you can just take a saw to those extra milimeters - though it really shouldn't be an issue.
I think the silencer should do just fine for you. Get a second opinion though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.projectxenon.org
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm

You could make a silencer for about $10. I'll be posting a tutorial along with my full current loadout later tonight in pics/vids section. But if you want something you don't have to make yourself, the mock silencer you linked looks like a good option.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Yea it doesn't need to be a exact fit, it is okay if the silencer extends the barrel by a few mm's. think of it like a free floating RIS system. the only thing that should be touching to support it are the threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A tightbore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tightbore?   A tightbore? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A tightbore?
Page 1 of 1