Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Rocket Rules

Go down 
+9
wymansailor1
Satan
djstasevich
.25 Gram Sniper
Jman
Lone Wolf
Alabama_Sniper
Admin
RussianGrimReaper
13 posters
AuthorMessage
RussianGrimReaper
Private
Private
RussianGrimReaper

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:16 am

Ok, me and my friend made these two Rocket launchers. My friends has a small barrel and hes thinking about making it look like an RPG. Mine is more of a LAW. What is an easy way to determine the kill radius (baby powder, bbs, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:09 am

What do you mean "determine the kill radius?" Please clarify.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
RussianGrimReaper
Private
Private
RussianGrimReaper

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:02 pm

What i mean is, wherever the rocket hits, people within a given distance are out. So like if you used some sort of powder, anyone hit with the powder is out. I just don't know if there is an easier way.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:00 pm

I have never heard of using powder that is some thing new . My friends and I make mortars out of PBC pipe . Who ever is hit with the bb's fired out of the motar is hit . Like regular air soft who ever is hit is out . Powder is something new I will have to use that one time however though .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Suggestion.

1 TBSP. of flour.
1 sheet of toilet paper.
SMALL grill ignitor
hairspray
1X24" PVC pipe
1" diameter PVC end peice.
PVC putty

Result, flour shell launcher.

You can use other firing methods as well. CO2, Green gas. Set up a magazine feed. Make the shells out of thin layered foam cyl. that would break on impact.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
RussianGrimReaper
Private
Private
RussianGrimReaper

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:15 am

Wow, um that is alot better than anything i have heard of or sen so far Very Happy thanx
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Your welcome. I call it the Spud cannon...lol.

Im trying to make one right now that works like a real gun. has a magazine/ semi auto.
Internal action...

It will most like be C02 powered because using any kind of pyrotechnics would recquire the barrel to be made of metal.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:13 pm

Rocket:
I have a rocket/ cannon like lone wolf. I can shoot it over a quarter mile so no one is out of my reach Twisted Evil , but if it hits you, you fall over which is a funny site to see. I made it out of pbc pipe 1" and model rocket supplies. First you make the rocket like any other model one but you take the nose cone off so you don't kill people and add some kind of covering and in the space between the engine and the nose i add bbs not a lot. The more bbs you want the bigger engine you need. I set the rocket off with an electrical spark. You use the igniters that came with it and side it with it in down the tube, and on mine there are two metal plates in the back that are separated. When to rocket touches these you are ready to launch and all you have to do press a 9v battery to the back or hook up a light switch to yours ether way it works.

Claymore slash exploding car:
I have also made a claymore that used a rc car to set off. You take the cpu out of the car and attach it to your mine (mine uses a rocket engine starter) and when you press a button on the control it blows up.
Also you can put it on the back of a rc car and drive it ware you want then blow it up like by having the wires to the lights on it be the detonator. You can recover the rc car also in this method as long as it not to big of a big explosive.
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:39 pm

Quote :
Im trying to make one right now that works like a real gun. has a magazine/ semi auto.

I would LOVE to see a picture of it and the fps/look of the gun.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:22 am

Jman wrote:
Rocket:
I have a rocket/ cannon like lone wolf. I can shoot it over a quarter mile so no one is out of my reach Twisted Evil , but if it hits you, you fall over which is a funny site to see. I made it out of pbc pipe 1" and model rocket supplies. First you make the rocket like any other model one but you take the nose cone off so you don't kill people and add some kind of covering and in the space between the engine and the nose i add bbs not a lot. The more bbs you want the bigger engine you need. I set the rocket off with an electrical spark. You use the igniters that came with it and side it with it in down the tube, and on mine there are two metal plates in the back that are separated. When to rocket touches these you are ready to launch and all you have to do press a 9v battery to the back or hook up a light switch to yours ether way it works.

Claymore slash exploding car:
I have also made a claymore that used a rc car to set off. You take the cpu out of the car and attach it to your mine (mine uses a rocket engine starter) and when you press a button on the control it blows up.
Also you can put it on the back of a rc car and drive it ware you want then blow it up like by having the wires to the lights on it be the detonator. You can recover the rc car also in this method as long as it not to big of a big explosive.

I don't agree with using rocket supplies because 1 they can be inaccurate if they are not mounted and calibrated correctly 2 they have a higher chance of starting a really bad fire. The most effective way is to make a gun not a cannon meaning your shells contain the combustants and your round not the actual barrel. This would call for complex firing mechanisms and a internal slide to eject the empty shells and reload correctly.

as for RC cars, your limited in range of 100 ft. its better to either mod your transmitter and receiver to have more range OR. just use a claymore like everyone else...lol
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:58 pm

One thing do not use baby powder, that stuff is very bad to breath in, It say's on the bottle. Use flour like previously suggested.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Heres a paintball rocket it shoot a foam rocket that explodes on inmpact throwing paint everywhere. http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/jcs-alias-mkx-scenario-launcher.html of course you will never be allowed to use this at game games but for like normal games outside a field yeah its great and theres paint you can buy so that its not silver.
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:17 am

Nice find Satan! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
wymansailor1
Private
Private

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:56 am

I don't agree with using rocket supplies because 1 they can be inaccurate if they are not mounted and calibrated correctly 2 they have a higher chance of starting a really bad fire. The most effective way is to make a gun not a cannon meaning your shells contain the combustants and your round not the actual barrel. This would call for complex firing mechanisms and a internal slide to eject the empty shells and reload correctly.

well if you want to use rocket supplies there is a way to make it accurate, and without complex rigging. You see in rockets they are designed to cont push the rocket forward resulting in wild tragectory for anything but a rocket. However if you drill into the rocket from where the nozzle cone is to create a little chamber inside you creat whats closer to a gun going off. What makes this better is that you are no longer pushing the shell once its out of the barrel but rather the shell is now "gliding" towards the target. Mind you don't drill out the nozzle use a drill the size of the hole. Then after drilling place some of the drilled out powder back into the hole so it will burn all the fuel. Then you can place your BB's up in the front of the rocket where youll have whats supposed to be the parachute release to shoot out BB's and a noze cone on top of the BB's to keep them in place.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:41 pm

You guys should add pictures of all these, because now I am really interested, I want to see design steps.

because well. . . "Marine artillery brings dignity To what otherwise would just be a brawl"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:50 pm

ah!! all you guys are lucky at my field your not allowed to use fire for any reason!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:45 pm

ya mine too mgunner. So I made a green gas mortar that fires hundreds of 8mm bbs
Back to top Go down
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:40 pm

Thats a good way to blow some money.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:30 pm

True inferno. I realized that after a few ops so I'm converting my whole stock to run on compressed air. Much more economical Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rocket Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rules   Rocket Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocket Rules
Page 1 of 1