Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Just a friendly word of warning,

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

Just a friendly word of warning, Empty
PostSubject: Just a friendly word of warning,   Just a friendly word of warning, Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:29 pm

To all the members here in AA,

I have been out for the past couple of weeks due to some medical things that needed looking after, so this may have already been posted but just so that we are all on the same sheet of music and that everybody is aware,

Ban ability has been made available to the Mods, to what extent I am sure is based on Mod level.

I am all for second chances, and hate the idea of Banning a User, but will not shy from it so please donīt misunderstand kindness for weakness.

To all the Mods, unless there is a blatant violation of the Forum Rules, how would you feel about a `` Majority Rules īī way of handeling the subtle cases, I am sure we all get PMīs from different members, and Iīm willing to give the benifit of a doubt to the so called disturbance, there is always 2 sides to a story. Any ideas or thoughts on the Subject are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just a friendly word of warning,   Just a friendly word of warning, Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Thats great news. There were some major conflicts turned up by some "new" troublemakers that needed direct action, but many of us were left scratching our heads due to a lack of intervention. I'm glad to hear that Mods are given this ability and I hope they do not hesitate to exercise it when necessary.

Semper vigilans
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Just a friendly word of warning,   Just a friendly word of warning, Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:22 pm

@Spl. Durkee,

I understand your thoughts and feelings, but be careful for what you ask, you just might get it Wink , one of the oustanding fetures of this Forum is the level of tollerance that is provided to all users, regardless of experiance, age, Type of AS replicas owned or used, typing skills, spelling, grammer, and I donīt want to see that change, the last thing that needs to happen is for users to become nervouse or scared to ask questions or make comments with the thought in the back of their minds that the MODS or ADMIN will come crashing down on them.

All users here should feel free to Make their comments, Start their threads, offer suggestions or advice within the Forum Rules ( and all will admit they are loosly enforced ), all should feel free to PM the MODS with their problems or thoughts concerning issues inside of the FORUM.

I would hate to see this Forum go the way as so many others, No Hating, No Politics, Just AirSoft, pretty much says it all, not hard to abide by, or am I wrong in my thoughts ??
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Just a friendly word of warning,   Just a friendly word of warning, Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:26 pm

Not at all, this is exactly "the way an airsoft forum should be." Message received on this end, and I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Just a friendly word of warning,   Just a friendly word of warning, Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:05 pm

I agree with you Slob, and It's good to hear from you again. I agree everybody deserves a second chance, I find myself asking for one from time to time...but in one particular instance, I feel like the second....third....and fourth chance has been abused. I think you know what member I'm speaking of.
I agree and love the laid-back environment of this forum, but like you said I feel we musn't let it be abused. I, for one, have given this member too many chances in the past.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a friendly word of warning,   Just a friendly word of warning, Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a friendly word of warning,
Page 1 of 1