Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

CAP members

Go down 
+5
Satan
Insane Mercc
Spl. Durkee
DrummerBoyz95
alexkmmll
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:11 am

Are there any CAP members here? Because Im joining soon and I was just wondering if anybody else was in CAP
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:19 am

Talk to Durkee he's in it I believe.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:19 am

As far as I've seen, I'm the only one.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 am

Alright, well at least i tried. Oh ya Durkee, I e-mailed my squadrons leader to see if i could come to their upcoming meeting. Ive gotten the full aproval of my dad so im pretty much good to go!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 am

alexkmmll wrote:
Alright, well at least i tried. Oh ya Durkee, I e-mailed my squadrons leader to see if i could come to their upcoming meeting. Ive gotten the full aproval of my dad so im pretty much good to go!

Thats great! The first step is always the hardest. Your squadron leader will tell you this, but I just wanted to give you a heads up:

When you first join CAP, you are not a fully outfitted individual. You will have to attend a set amount of meetings (varies between squadrons, some squadrons don't enforce the inspection period) in plain clothes uniform (ie: blue jeans, combat boots, and t-shirt)...these meetings will serve as "inspection" where you will operate along with the other cadets as a civilian (although CAP is not military, we are a government agency and maintain a military profile). After that "inspection" period, you will be given battle dress and Air Force blues...along with black flight boots permitting availability. Most of the time you will not have to pay for any of this, but again, it is all pending squadron availability.

Take all the opportunities that come your way in CAP and don't pass up events or meetings.

USCAP motto: Semper vigilans (Always vigilant)
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:34 am

alright, well the next meeting is on monday so I can't wait, but i have to wait for him to e-mail me back to see if I can come!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:37 am

alexkmmll wrote:
alright, well the next meeting is on monday so I can't wait, but i have to wait for him to e-mail me back to see if I can come!

Sounds good! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Im in the process of transfering our of Squadron 20 to Composite Squadron 64 so I'll probably be off the radar and airwaves for a while Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:39 am

Alright, well I just just can't wait for monday to roll around! Ive been all over the Website and I really want to join so Monday will be one happy day!
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:52 am

Congratulations and good luck, Alex! Programs like this are what build and prepare the defenders of America's freedom.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:57 am

Thanks, maybe you should conciter joining, especially if you like flying or are thinking about joining the Military later on in life!
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:58 am

Or paranoid citizens.......
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:11 am

Insane Mercc....thanks for sharing your opinion
Anyway, actually Alex, I think I'm going to do Army Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC) in high school.

But wait, now that I've just looked it up...there is a Composite Squadron near me...And I've recently been thinking about being a chopper pilot in the future...Well I have all sorts of options now, don't I! I have to go think about this while my sister does homework on the computer Razz

EDIT: Come to think of it, CAP might be better for me since I don't have to square away annoying business between two different high schools (mine doesn't offer JROTC, I'd have to transfer from school to school every day after classes).

Wait, I have bad vision...But they allow corrected eyes, right? I hope so...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:46 am

Insane Mercc wrote:
Or paranoid citizens.......

CAP was mandated by the United States Air Force in WWII to defend the US coast from German U-boats. Submarine attacks were an extreme threat to shipping and killed thousands of sailors and civilians. Is that not a just cause, or were they just "paranoid"? CAP is a federal agency that saves lives every day in SAR operations, provides air support for law enforcement and fire crews, runs border surveillance, and is poised to defend the nation (and YOUR ass) from domestic and foreign threats. Still just "paranoid citizens" eh?
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:49 am

Thanks for showing me how dedicated you are.....it was just a little jib...
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:50 am

May those sailors RIP and may the CAP live on to support them.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:53 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:

Wait, I have bad vision...But they allow corrected eyes, right? I hope so...

According to my AF recruiter, as long as you have 20/20 at the time of enlistment you will have no problems.
They don't care if you've had lasik, transplanted your eyeballs, or were blessed by the Pope.
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 am

Alex, like I told Durkee in another thread I am a past CAP member and I loved it. Though I couldn't join the military for medical reasons, CAP put me on the path to working in aviation as a flight medic.

I respect all young people who join CAP, JROTC etc and thus show dedication to service. I personally get fed up when people try to paint all younger people with the "lazy" brush and overlook those who are busting their rear ends waiting for their opportunity to step up in service to their country and community.

CAP was a blast. I logged in two flights in gliders and sat in with USAF crews at a gun range outside Fort Leonard Wood, MO when flights of A-10s and F-4 Phantom IIs made live fire cannon passes and simulated bombing runs. The map/navigation training came in handy years later when I helped train a local volunteer fire dept is SAR. I was up for communications training when I had to drop out for family reasons. Like I told Durkee, stick with it and recruit as many as you can.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:31 am

Cool, my first meeting is this monday so im really exited!!!
Back to top Go down
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:06 am

What are the rules regarding colorblindness? I am colorblind and would like to fly, but have heard that if you are colorblind you cannot.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:17 am

Well, I would say not, Because in Emergency situations the tower will use lights to direct you instead of your radio, but it may depend on the sevearity of your color blindness
Back to top Go down
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Oh ok...my dream was to go to the naval academy and then becom a marine pilot....or at least go into the air force so i could fly.
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Undertaker:

Color blindness don't just effect flight crews in emergencies. Some switches and indicators are color coded, and all lights on the aircraft are color coded (green on one side, red on the other) so direction of flight can be determined at night. If I remember correctly, if green is on the left side the aircraft is coming toward you since green is on the pilot side.

Don't know about military, but in our helicopter at work all lights in the cabin and instrument panel are blue/green for night vision compatibility. If you have problems seeing those hues, you could have serious problems.

As stated above, I have a permanent non-waiver disqualification from military service for medical reasons, but I still found a flight job in the civie world. Don't give up your dream of flying. Look into other non-pilot flight jobs if you have to.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:36 pm

undertaker

doubt it would work, so many colors, but I would try to get a CODA (certificate of demenstrated ability) if they can give you that than you can fly
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:25 pm

hey guys, good chance im joining. ive just gotta get info and show dad times and what i need to do to get in. and im set
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 pm

I have no problem telling red from green but I do have trouble telling a flashing yellow from a flashing orange. I can,however tell the difference with red yellow and green (like a traffic light).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CAP members Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAP members   CAP members Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAP members
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next