Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Empty
PostSubject: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:07 am

I know its a long-shot, but does anyone on here learn/study esperanto?
I've taken an active interest in it and am currently studying it on my computer (Software: Kurso de Esperanto).

Thought maybe I could get some tips from speakers. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:13 am

5 minutes ago I didn't even know what that is.
After brief research it seems like a good idea but it doesn't seem like alot of people speak the language. It would be cool if schools around the world taught the primary language as well as Esperanto or another 'international auxiliary language'.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:19 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
5 minutes ago I didn't even know what that is.
After brief research it seems like a good idea but it doesn't seem like alot of people speak the language.

Well ya, thats why I said it was probably a long shot. Its estimated that only about 100,000 worldwide study/speak it.

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
It would be cool if schools around the world taught the primary language as well as Esperanto or another 'international auxiliary language'

That was what the language was invented to do. It was going to be this "universal" language that everyone would learn. It was said that it would break down cultural boundaries and create peace on earth and all that hooplah. But it never really caught on, so now its left for the cult-linguist and nerdy highschoolers Very Happy

From what I understand once fluent in esperanto, other languages come easy. But hey, I'm just doing it to try something different.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:28 am

Oh, I see. Haha my mentally damaged (still cool) grandfather says we should all start learning Chinese, as 'the day's gonna come sooner or later,' talking about a Chinese invasion of California's ports haha.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:31 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Oh, I see. Haha my mentally damaged (still cool) grandfather says we should all start learning Chinese, as 'the day's gonna come sooner or later,' talking about a Chinese invasion of California's ports haha.

Well I would recommend Chinese (or Korean or Japanese) also...but for different reasons. The future international businessman will be dealing in asian affairs on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:34 am

I've always wanted to pick up Russian, but it's a little hard unless you have that Rosetta Stone thing jocolor

I know a bit of German, but nothing from the "oriental" spectrum.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:51 pm

is this anything like Spanoosh?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:04 pm

mgunner564 wrote:
is this anything like Spanoosh?

Never heard of it, is it a conlang?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Haha I'm not sure if that was a typo or what, but I'd be willing to speak Spanoosh just because of the name jocolor
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 am

AKA spanish XD
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:10 pm

No, its not spanish, its an International language and as you know Spl, im still learning!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:34 pm

alexkmmll wrote:
No, its not spanish, its an International language and as you know Spl, im still learning!
Heck ya! Once we master it, we shall take the forum by storm! Should post only in esperanto..forcing everyone to learn the langauge, thus rocking the very foundation of life as we know it! Haha...ya...
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:54 am

Ah but alas forum rules state english only muhahahaha and some of the best laguages to pseak or asian languages and anything in the middle east hooyah.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:07 pm

Yeah I like Arabic, Persian, etc. they just sound cool. Gotta learn one some day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?   Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do we have an esperanto speakers in the house?
Page 1 of 1