Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Are spotters neccessary?

Go down 
+21
bboy.snow
organdonor
Spl. Durkee
Gridlock
STAT
.25 Gram Sniper
Jman
Sniper004
TheJim
minilogoman
kkoerber
djstasevich
Tater
Satan
wombinator
sticks.13
USMC-HENDLER
Alabama_Sniper
JamillaTheKilla
speedloader1
March_ARB
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you think spotters are neccessary?
Yes!
Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 25 ]
NO!
Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 6 ]
Depends (post why)
Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 61

AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 am

A spotter is VITAL to the success of any sniper's deployment. Here are my resons, in list form:

-The spotter is the one calculating weather, wind, distance variables

-4 eyes are better than one

-The spotter offers a second platform so the recon squad has simultanious fire capability

-The spotter has full auto capability (pending)

-A spotter increases the fireteam's situational awareness substantially

-The spotter is typically the more experience one, so the extra know-how is very helpful the the sniper

-There are more reasons but It's 11:06 pm here and I'm tired...

Basically, the spotter is in control of the mission all the way up until the actual killshot. The spotter is the one taking the shot, the sniper is just the one pulling the trigger (hope you get what I'm trying to say).

***DISCLAIMER: Sorry if this didnt make sense at all. I'm almost asleep and have no idea really what I'm typing. Good night everyone....
*falls asleep, keyboard breaks in half on impact with head*
Back to top Go down
organdonor
Private
Private
organdonor

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 4:39 pm

I think there are very good arguments for and against. Like The Jim said. Many fields hosting single day games in limited areas don't even have ability to successfully deploy a sniper let alone a team in the traditional sense. Then again in large venues like Tolcom in Massachusetts two men in an overnight situation or weekend op would be a dream. In a small venue in short games ,you rarely have time to manuever as a sniper would and usually once your cover is blown it's either run for your life or duck and cover./ Some fields it's mandatory for snipers and or teams to operate outside the boundaries because of fps rules. You usually don't have to worry about your back.
Back to top Go down
bboy.snow
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:52 am

when it comes to spotters you don't really need one..
the good things about it are.
1) your not a lone sniper. (isent that a bad thing.)
2) you got someone watching your back (not needed if your a skilful sniper)
3) they could make a single noise that could get you shot.
and many other things.
so think carefully brfore getting a spotter..
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:59 am

This thread is long-dead. But to give my opinion, they just give away your position half of the time.
Back to top Go down
c0mr4d3
Sergeant
Sergeant
c0mr4d3

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 am

Well Con's and Pro's of it.
Pro's:
Backup, firepower, someone to consult with, more exciting (most of the time)

Con's:
Easier to spot, someone to slow you down, more fire so less stealthy (you don't see cheetahs with spotter now do yah?)
Back to top Go down
zeo868
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:19 pm

If you are scouting a spotter can be a hassel but if you are on a ridge it is very usefull to have somebody to say "sector 3 left side in the bushes" and covor your rear in a firefight. (hopfully they are not yelow)
Back to top Go down
snarlingtoes
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:18 pm

I believe it depends on whether you like working solo or having a partner. If you prefer to be solo, then you will not want a spotter, however, if you like working with another person, then you want to have a spotter. I personally do not want a spotter.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgunsales.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are spotters neccessary?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2