Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

TBB or Red Dot?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:54 pm

So, I was planning to get a Red Dot Scope, but have been thinking otherwise and I think I might get a TBB instead. I have money for either, but the Red Dot is cutting it real close. I want to get the TBB because I wanted to get the G&G 5.95 .20g BBs, but a lot of guys say that they only work really good if you have a TBB. Also, the TBB is the easiest mod to do and it would be a good project for me to do over the week between school. Good plan or should I get the Red Dot instead?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:05 am

Yea, go for a TBB. You'll want it if you absolutely want to use 5.95 mm.

Since your not getting a red dot, you should get a real high quality TBB, nothing like a Madbull black python. Personally I fave stainless because it doesn't collect dirt and is even more effective, accuracy wise, when you polish it.

Because of your smaller diameter, this is the only time I would recommend a 6.01 TBB instead of a 6.03. In a emergency, or if you had to, you could use regular 6 mm.

The G36C barrel length is a piss-ant compared to others. I say get a "slim" mock suppressor or G36K outer barrel to hide the extra barrel length. This should also increase the effectiveness of your smaller diameter bb's. Get a barrel length between 300 and 400mm. 100 mm is 10 cm just so you know what your outer barrel/suppressor length should be.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:09 am

haha, I know my Metric system, and I might be getting a front end conversion kit at some point so I was just going to get two TBB barrels, and I only have $35 so I was just going to get a CA 6.3mm, but I'll look for a 6.1mm
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:14 am

I don't see the need to buy 2 TBB's

And a front end extension wouldn't look right without the K carry handle w/ built in 3x scope. You would also have to buy a longer barrel to put on the front end conversion once your done. Also good luck finding a front end kit for $35. Last I checked just to buy a K handguard and barrel assembly was about $70-$80.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 am

haha, no, I have $35 for the TBB, the front end Conversion kit is going to be bought some time in the summer, so thats when I'll get the new TBB. My plan is to be able to switch from one to the other, so thats why I will end up getting two. Also I might get a Drum mag for it, and then maybe one of the Built in 3x scope rails for it, and then maybe a nice scope for a sniper variant. So basicly I'll be able to play the roles, CQB, Rifeman, Support Gunner, and DM/Sniper. Of corse these will be over time, I think first Ill work on the TBB. Oh yeah, I forgot, with that Drum mag there would also be a Bipod of corse!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:25 am

Okay then just get a 6.01 247mm long.
Smile
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:26 am

Unfortunately, I can't find a 6.01, only a 6.03, will that do?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:27 am

It will be just like using the stock barrel with regular bb's. You would need a 6.01 to see any improvement.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:35 am

I can't seem to find one for the G36c or k, I'll get the 6.03 and then see if I can find a 6.01 for the G36k to get over the summer, thats where I would want the barrel that will give me the most improvement.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:20 am

like wolf said you won't see much improvment most stockers are 6.04mm a red dot could be a better choice atm.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:20 am

alexkmmll wrote:
I can't seem to find one for the G36c or k, I'll get the 6.03 and then see if I can find a 6.01 for the G36k to get over the summer, thats where I would want the barrel that will give me the most improvement.

Until then I wouldnt want to run 5.95mm bbs through it.

A red dot would be better ATM WW is right.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:

A red dot would be better ATM WW is right.

um I'm Lonesniper not WW haha

but yeah red dot make your life easier and cheaper
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Sponsored content

TBB or Red Dot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TBB or Red Dot?   TBB or Red Dot? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TBB or Red Dot?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: General Airsoft Discussion-